“Great value - Nice” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Lexington Conference Center Hotel

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN Lexington Conference Center Hotel to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Lexington Conference Center Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5532 Athens-Boonesboro Rd., I 75 at Exit 104, Lexington, KY 40509   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #20 of 65 hotels in Lexington
GreenLeadersBronze level
Michigan
“Great value - Nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Our group of 30 stayed at this facility. The rooms were well appointed, a little older, but
clean and quiet. Great outdoor pool, (indoor also available with hot tub) good hot breakfast bar, nice small lounge with limited menu, everything well managed, good service overall. Very easy access.

Room Tip: Poolside rooms give that extra space in the courtyard (especially good for families)
Green Features: There were placards regarding conservation practices. We found that helpful.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
unflappable, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Lexington Conference Center Hotel, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
I bet you stayed with us on a Bogey Nights golf package!

I hope the weather cooperated and it wasn't too hot. Past few weeks have been extremely hot and there have been days I was worried about the golfers. I am glad your stay was a good one and everyone had a good time.

I hope you will come back and see us next year!

291 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Where to begin? For starters, this is a one star hotel at best. By far the worst hotel I have stayed at in a very long time. There were centipedes, spiders, and cockroaches. Musty odor. The sink did not drain. The shower head sprayed half of the water out of the shower. The carpet was very soiled. The walls were warped and patched. The general quality of the room was what I would expect at a one star hotel charging about $40-$50 per night.
We stayed on the second floor. The circuit breaker box in the hallway was stuck open (not very safe). The hallway door stop was a crushed dirty paper cup. Walls were patched, but not painted. The first floor looked newer and cleaner. The breakfast was not bad, and probably would have been enjoyable if not for the overall poor condition of the hotel and lousy night of sleep.
The positive reviews on this hotel are baffling (maybe the first floor is better). In another review the manager commented that $1.5 million had been spent on renovations in 2009- it appears that none of that was spent on the second floor. Not to mention had two rooms, they were both equally bad and bug ridden.
I booked these rooms through Priceline's express deals. I wish I had not, and I would not recommend Priceline because of this experience.

Room Tip: If this is your last resort hotel, maybe the first floor rooms are better.
Dear Mr. S. J.,

I am so sorry for such a horrible experience you had at our hotel. After you posted your comments, I checked both our Front Desk and Maintenance Logs to find out if any of these issues were recorded, but there was no record of any of the issues you experienced.

I've been working at the hotel for twelve years and we've never had issues with cockroaches. We do occasionally find spiders and flying insects in the rooms that have patio doors that open to the courtyard and outdoor pool. We have a monthly pest control service, and I will review your comments with our pest control company. We've had a guest bring down a bug a couple of years ago that he thought was a cockroach. When the pest control company came out, we found out it was a water bug.

Our first priority is always to make sure that our guests are completely satisfied with their stays. We work everyday to prevent problems like you experienced from occurring, but we obviously did not do a good enough job. Had I known about any of these issues you were experiencing, I would have taken corrective steps to fix the issues. We have maintenance staff on call 24 hours a day and we would have been more than happy to replace the showerhead and repair the slow drain.

The patched wall you are referring to is on the second floor of the building close to our indoor pool. We had a sports team stay with us for a few days and some of the boys got "rowdy" and kicked the wall in. We had to replace the drywall and mudded the area. Our maintenance staff painted the wall and it now looks fine.

The mustiness in the hallway is from the humidity. We fight with it every year. Because all of our entrances stay locked for safety reasons, we have absolutely no ventilation in the first floor hallway. We've added several fans this summer and that has made a significant difference. I am planning to add two more fans next week.

Again, I am so sorry for the problems you experienced during your stay. I hope you understand that we strive everyday to make sure our guests are happy. We obviously don't always get it right. We will be installing new headboards and bathroom mirrors in the next two weeks. Installation of granite vanities should be completed in the next three weeks. I've been promised that the new drapes will be delivered the last week of July and they should be installed by the middle of August.

We certainly appreciate your business and we will use your comments to provide a better service. Thank you.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

A friend and I were on a motorcycle trip and went through Lexington,KY and stopped here for an stay. We were walk-in and were treated as if we were long lost family by the staff at both check in and out. We also ate in the bar/lounge and had a very good meal at a very reasonable price. The staff there were also very friendly. I would recommend staying here if your ever in the area

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to post your comments.

I am glad you stayed in for dinner. Lisa, one of our bartenders, swears that we have the best chicken wings in town. I, personally, love the nachos.

Did you park your motorcycles under the front entrance? Our guests on the motorcycles love the fact that they get to park their bikes out of weather and in a safe area. I hope there was no rain on your way home.

louisville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

we were road beat @12:00am we stop @best western due to our best western stay in myrtle beach sc. which we were returning home from and the lex location lived up to great ! I am sold on best western the night desk person was so friendly and warm the place was up scale and very inviting we slept like a baby loved my hole vac experine

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I am glad you had a good night's sleep after such a long drive. I've never been to Myrtle Beach. I know everyone who's been there loves the area. I am trying to convince my children to vacation there, but so far they are being stubborn. My daughter tells me she would go if there was no sand on the beach ... I know ... I am at a loss for words too.

I hope you stayed for breakfast before you got on the road. We appreciate your business and hope you will come back and stay with us the next time you are travelling through Lexington.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Great Hotel, Great Breakfast ... way above standard. Check-in and Checkout was very easy. Staff is very welcoming and went above and beyond the duty. I've stayed here twice in the last 6 months and both visits were exceptional. Would definitely stay there in the future.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you so much for coming back to stay with us!

I am glad the check-in and check-out process went smoothly. We are lucky to have some of the nicest people work with us. Most of our staff has been with us for a long time and it shows in the way they treat our guests. Comments like yours always assure me that we have good people. I know they check the comments on a regular basis, and I am sure they will be thrilled.

Again, we appreciate your business. We look forward to welcoming you on your next visit. Have a great summer!

Defiance, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Booked online into the wrong hotel and it worked out to be a better Vacation. Turned out to be quicker to Daugthers home than hotel at Coves Cade where we were planning to stay. Better room and location for Knottsville or Maryville, Tn.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I am sorry that you ended up at the wrong hotel, but I sure am glad you stayed with us. It's just amazing how things always work out for the best.

I hope you had a great visit with your daughter. I have family coming to visit this summer from abroad and I just can't wait!

I hope you will come back and stay with us again on your next visit to Lexington. Have a great summer!

Richmond, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Great place to stay. We stay here often on our want to and from North Carolina. Expect to continue using Best Western in all our travels. Maybe some international travels. Will look forward to using our accumulation of points.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you so much for your continued business. We have a lot of Best Western Reward members who use their points stay for free. With Best Western members earning 10 points for every dollar they spend, it doesn't take long to start redeeming their points. I know some hotels require as few as 10,000 points for a free night's stay. I hope you get to redeem your soon!

Again, thank you so much for staying with us. It's loyal guests like you who make us successful and we cannot thank you enough. Please travel safely when you go abroad.

Kim Thompson

Been to BEST WESTERN Lexington Conference Center Hotel? Share your experiences!