“Very nice place to stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Hotel Lexington Conference Center

You added Clarion Hotel Lexington Conference Center to your Saves list
Clarion Hotel Lexington Conference Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5532 Athens-Boonesboro Rd., I 75 at Exit 104, Lexington, KY 40509 (Formerly Best Western Lexington Conference Center Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #23 of 69 Hotels in Lexington
GreenLeadersBronze level
Fort Wayne, Indiana
“Very nice place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

In town visiting family. Great indoor pool, very clean, ok breakfast. Great price! The staff was really very friendly and it was located close to everything. It was being painted and updated, but did not interfere with stay and appeared to be even nicer once done. Breakfast could have been filled up a little but they were very busy. Most things were low or empty and we came right in the middle of breakfast hours. Food was good though and it was included in our room charge.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
unflappable, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Lexington Conference Center, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us and your nice comments about us accepting pets. We've debated in the past whether we should continue accepting pets or not. Comment like yours assure us that we've made the right decision. I have a toy poodle named Bella who rules my life and unless you have a pet, no one can understand how important they are in our lives.

With all the green space around us, I hope your dog got some exercise! I see guest walking their dogs about every morning.

Again, thank you for staying with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Zug, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Was traveling from Arkansas to Washington DC with a pet and needed a place to stay. Lexington is a little more than 1/2 way. Looked for a pet friendly motel and was very pleasantly surprised with the stay.

When was making the reservation, had two requests and both were met. Suggest if you are traveling with a pet, ask for the first floor and near a door. Makes walking the dog easier.

Upon entering the lobby, was greeted by the person behind the desk. Advised I was traveling with a pet and out came a "dog" gift box. Seems that some of the staff have pets.

Was tried from the 11 hour drive and wanted something to eat but did not want to go out. They have a pub that serves food - somewhat greasy to my taste but filling.

Had a great nights rest. The hotel includes a hot breakfast buffet with the stay. It was not bad, but was a little surprised that you had paper plates, plastic forks and styrofoam cups.

When checking out the bill was ready and was thanked for staying. The staff is very professional.

The reason that they did not get excellent is that the hotel is somewhat dated, but very very clean. You could see patches in the wall and hall and chipped paint touch ups throughout. However, still great value for the money.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

unflappable, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Lexington Conference Center, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Thank you for staying with us. I am glad we were able to provide accommodations for you and your pet. Comments like your always assure us that we've made the right decision to accept pets. I am glad you liked the "doggie treat". Our guest love the collapsible water bowl with a bottled water and the dog food that comes with the treat. I've had guests tell us that their dogs, who are very finicky eaters, actually liked the food in the treat box.

We will be installing new granite vanities in all of our rooms this winter. I've picked out new carpet for all public areas including the hallway, meeting space, breakfast room, business center, and our Murphy's Bar & Grill. Hopefully, we will have the installation completed by the end of August. I hope you will come back and stay with us this fall and let us know what you think about the new carpet and vanities.
Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Have stayed here many times and I am never disappointed..I always get the King non-smoking and am always overwhelmed with the neatness of the bed. The room is very clean and has all you need in them with refrig, microwave etc...Front desk is more than willing to assist you in any questions or resolutions you have...Great bunch of people working there

Room Tip: Try the room with a whirlpool.....Its HUGE and worth the extra...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
unflappable, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Lexington Conference Center, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Thank you for your continued business and your kind words. You are right; I think our best asset is our staff. I don't think you will find nicer people in Lexington. I am really lucky to be working with so many nice people.

Guests like you make us successful and we so appreciate your continued support. If there is anything we can do to make your stay more enjoyable, please let us know. We look forward to welcoming you on your next trip.
Bellbrook, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

My recent trip to Lexington found all of my normal haunts booked. I ended up at this Best Western. The building is old, but the decor and appearance is update. My room was very nice and CLEAN, with a desk, small sofa, small refrigerator and microwave, and a nice flat screen TV. There is a small lounge that serves bar food, but if you want something more there are many restaurant choices within 5 miles. The staff is friendly. There are indoor and outdoor pools and a nice little courtyard. My only complaint would be that they don't serve breakfast until 6:30 and when I am in Lexington I need to be at my customers at 7am. I guess though, that is more my problem than the hotels. This is a nice hotel for the price!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
I am so glad you got to stay with us! I am sorry that your "normal haunts" were all full, but I am glad we had a room available. I am thrilled that you found our hotel comfortable and that we offer a good value. Hopefully, you will give us another opportunity the next time you are in the area. I am sorry that you didn't get to try our breakfast. Next time you stay with us, let our staff know and we will be happy to open the breakast room around 6 a.m. so you can grab something to eat before you leave. We appreciate your business and hope you wil come back even when your "normal haunts" are not full.
Kings Mountain, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Brother and I were on way from NC to IN on Motorcycles when it started to down pour with rain and lightning. We had hope to reach Florence KY which is 1 hour north of South Lexington. Decision wait out rain for 3-4 more hours (smart phone weather app) or get a room. The gas station we were hanging out at mentioned Best Western had a coupon in the Interstate travel magazine. We called around to the other hotels we could see and with coupon rate was competitive. We then checked reviews on tripadviser which were good. Check in was easy and friendly let us park bikes under awning. Room was nice, clean and good size with mini fridge that was unplugged. Had a sliding door to a nice court yard to bad it was raining. We both made a comment the next morning that the beds & pillows were some of the most comfortable we have experienced in a hotel.

There is not much for food at this exit so we decided to eat in the hotel bar since it we were on motorcycles and it was raining not much choice. Typical bar bar snack food, we got wings which were 6 per order they were ok

Room Tip: ask for a room with sliding door to court yard
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for your nice comments on our staff and breakfast. I am sorry that the breakfast room was so crowded. Even though we have a really large breakfast room that can sit about 70 people, on weekends, as you experienced, it can get crazy. We do appeciate your patience and understanding. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you again.
STONE MOUNTAIN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

I will stay here the next time I visit. Very clean and quiet. Very nice pool area. By the way they are pet friendly. The breakfast was very nice the only issue I had was that it was very crowded and the staff was having difficulty keeping it stocked.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
unflappable, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Lexington Conference Center, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us and your nice comments about our staff. I think the most frequent comment we get from our guests is how friendly our staff is. I am so thankful we have such nice people working with us.

I am sorry about the breakfast area being so crowded. Although our breakfast room can seat 70 people, I know it can get crazy on weekends. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Hopefully, next time you stay with us, the breakfast room will be quieter. Again, thank you for your business. We look forward to welcoming you again.
West Bloomfield, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I stay at this hotel on a regular basis, traveling between Detroit and Atlanta.
The manager of this hotel takes great pride and interest in every detail. The rooms are clean and there is a wide variety of choices at the breakfast from a hot meal to yogurt and fruit.

I initially stayed here because I always travel with my dog and discovered the owner is a dog lover and the fees are reasonable. I would also return without my pet, as the hotel is very clean and the staff is so nice.

I haven't used the pools or excercise rooms, but plan to.

I always look forward to a relaxing evening after a long drive in either direction and the pleasant environment has taken the stress off of a long day.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
unflappable, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Lexington Conference Center, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Thank you so much for your continued support. Guests like you brighten our day. We've debated whether to accept pets or not in the past, and comments like yours always assure me that we've made a right decision to accept pets.