“A good nights' sleep” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Hotel Lexington Conference Center

You added Clarion Hotel Lexington Conference Center to your Saves list
Clarion Hotel Lexington Conference Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5532 Athens-Boonesboro Rd., I 75 at Exit 104, Lexington, KY 40509 (Formerly Best Western Lexington Conference Center Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #20 of 68 Hotels in Lexington
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

I was quite pleased with how close the hotel was to everywhere I needed to be in Lexington. It was easy to find off I-75, the check-in/check-out process was simple, and everyone had a good night's rest. I enjoyed the huge breakfast buffet. The variety was great, and there were waffles. I'm a sucker for some good waffles.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
unflappable, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Lexington Conference Center, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
I am your stay was quiet and comfortable. I know our guests get pretty amazed on how quiet the hotel is being located right off the interstate. I do believe "things were built better" in the "old days". I am glad you liked our waffle station. I decided to start the waffle station because I personally love them. I am glad you agree!
Ashland, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Upon arrival, the staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was CLEAN and QUIET and had everything we could ask for. Parking was close to the entrance and security was very good. Had key access to the interior hallway and police patrol through out the night. We felt very safe here. The full breakfast was very good, with scrambled eggs, fried potatoes, sausages, biscuits and gravy, and very good coffee. Fast food was close, but quality restaurants were several miles away, but on a straight drive to the center of Lexington you would pass several nice restaurants. The hotel is easy access to both north and south bound I-75. My wife and I were pleased with our stay and will use Best Western Lexington Conference Center again.

Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Upon arrival Guy was extremely helpful and knowledgable of resturants & the area...was here for a 1 night stay and found everything as comfortable & pleasing as could be...a nice, comfortable adult social bar... nice relaxing patio setting to take in the KY SUNSET was AWESOME.... EVERYTHING worked in our room as stated in promo/profile of this BW... the bed and bedding was most comfortable (we both slept like a baby)...the next morning had a FULL COMPLETE BREAKFAST BUFFET.... was more than plentiful and was encouraged to take some fruit with us... the WHOLE staff was very kind and HELPFUL! actually started to go back after the game and stay 1 more night.... WE WILL STAY HERE IN THE FUTURE ON OUR NEXT TRIP TO LEXINGTON

Room Tip: garden view rooms w/ patio was very relaxing
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
I am glad your enjoyed our patio and courtyard. I know there is no other place in Lexington that has the courtyard like ours. We will see you on your next visit!
Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

This is a typical low rise hotel/motel in the country south of Lexington with easy access to I75 but remote from the restaurants of south Lexington . Everything was satisfactory except the restaurant noted in the guide books was just a large bar with typical bar food, but no restaurant menu. A single waitress served the bar and food service, so service was slow. The morning breakfast buffet was in another, better staffed room and was quite good. A good place to stay if you have had dinner before you arrive.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
I am sorry you were disappointed with our Murphy's Bar & Grill. I know that our menu is pretty limited in that we serve only appetizers and sandwiches. For guests who want restaurant with full menu, we usually recommend one of 20 or more restaurants located about 4 miles north of us. I do hope you will come back and stay with us again.
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I had pre-bookes this hotel through Airmiles and when I arrived I found out that the reservation had been made for the preious evening and had already been charged. Guy Monroe the front desk representative could simply of said that I had to register and pay, but instead he searched the records found the old details and provided us with a room under the expired reservation. I have had many experiences in the past where this would not have happened and am very thankful for Guy's assistance. As importantly, the room and breakfast were wondeful making this an excellent stop.

Room Tip: We were in the back of the hotel away from the I-75 which was very peaceful
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
unflappable, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Lexington Conference Center, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
I am glad Guy took the time and took care of the charge from the previous night. Guy's our Front Desk Manager and I can always count on him to do the right thing. I am glad you enjoyed our breakfast too. We do scramble the eggs in our kitchen and it really shows in its flavor. We get great comments about our breakfast from our guests all the time.
Lafayette, IN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

The night staff was great. The clerk asked if we had any discounts, gave us a room on the first floor, and informed us about breakfast times and menu...all without my having to inquire!
After we found our room I wanted a diet 7-Up, and the pop machine did not have any. I walked down to the lounge, and the bartender did not have it in stock, but offered me a free glass from her 2-litre bottle from a previous party. She apoligized for it not being "fresh," but it still fizzed and I was desperate! After checkout , which was speedy, we went on to our next destination and found that my husband forgot his new (and expensive) king pillow that I had recently purchased. I called back two days later, and they located it and had it at the front desk where we picked it up on our return to Indiana. finally, this was the best hot breakfast that we had on our trip. The scrambled eggs were better than I make, and they had flavored creamers for the soffee. It wasn't Starbucks, but it sure got me going. The only thing that they did not serve was waffles. the breakfast staff was great, and there was plenty of room in the breakfast area. It was a great stay, and I would go back again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
I am sorry you were disappointed with the decor. In 2008 - 2009, we replaced furniture, bedding, carpet, and repainted rooms and put new wallpaper in the bathrooms. We alo put microwave/refrigerator in all the rooms. As for the vanity area, I completely agree with your comments. They are pretty small. We've discussed ways to extend the vanity area, but to do that, we have to take walls down and change the plumbing. We've decided that enovating the vanity area was more than we could handle. With the age of the hotel, somethings are just beyond our control. We do appreciate your comments and hope you understand the situation.

Been to Clarion Hotel Lexington Conference Center? Share your experiences!