“A1 hotel for B2/C3 price range” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Lexington Conference Center Hotel

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN Lexington Conference Center Hotel to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Lexington Conference Center Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5532 Athens-Boonesboro Rd., I 75 at Exit 104, Lexington, KY 40509   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #22 of 65 hotels in Lexington
GreenLeadersBronze level
Nashville, Tennessee
“A1 hotel for B2/C3 price range”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Upon arrival Guy was extremely helpful and knowledgable of resturants & the area...was here for a 1 night stay and found everything as comfortable & pleasing as could be...a nice, comfortable adult social bar... nice relaxing patio setting to take in the KY SUNSET was AWESOME.... EVERYTHING worked in our room as stated in promo/profile of this BW... the bed and bedding was most comfortable (we both slept like a baby)...the next morning had a FULL COMPLETE BREAKFAST BUFFET.... was more than plentiful and was encouraged to take some fruit with us... the WHOLE staff was very kind and HELPFUL! actually started to go back after the game and stay 1 more night.... WE WILL STAY HERE IN THE FUTURE ON OUR NEXT TRIP TO LEXINGTON

Room Tip: garden view rooms w/ patio was very relaxing
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
unflappable, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Lexington Conference Center Hotel, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
I am glad your enjoyed our patio and courtyard. I know there is no other place in Lexington that has the courtyard like ours. We will see you on your next visit!

300 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

This is a typical low rise hotel/motel in the country south of Lexington with easy access to I75 but remote from the restaurants of south Lexington . Everything was satisfactory except the restaurant noted in the guide books was just a large bar with typical bar food, but no restaurant menu. A single waitress served the bar and food service, so service was slow. The morning breakfast buffet was in another, better staffed room and was quite good. A good place to stay if you have had dinner before you arrive.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
I am sorry you were disappointed with our Murphy's Bar & Grill. I know that our menu is pretty limited in that we serve only appetizers and sandwiches. For guests who want restaurant with full menu, we usually recommend one of 20 or more restaurants located about 4 miles north of us. I do hope you will come back and stay with us again.
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I had pre-bookes this hotel through Airmiles and when I arrived I found out that the reservation had been made for the preious evening and had already been charged. Guy Monroe the front desk representative could simply of said that I had to register and pay, but instead he searched the records found the old details and provided us with a room under the expired reservation. I have had many experiences in the past where this would not have happened and am very thankful for Guy's assistance. As importantly, the room and breakfast were wondeful making this an excellent stop.

Room Tip: We were in the back of the hotel away from the I-75 which was very peaceful
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
unflappable, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Lexington Conference Center Hotel, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
I am glad Guy took the time and took care of the charge from the previous night. Guy's our Front Desk Manager and I can always count on him to do the right thing. I am glad you enjoyed our breakfast too. We do scramble the eggs in our kitchen and it really shows in its flavor. We get great comments about our breakfast from our guests all the time.
Lafayette, IN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

The night staff was great. The clerk asked if we had any discounts, gave us a room on the first floor, and informed us about breakfast times and menu...all without my having to inquire!
After we found our room I wanted a diet 7-Up, and the pop machine did not have any. I walked down to the lounge, and the bartender did not have it in stock, but offered me a free glass from her 2-litre bottle from a previous party. She apoligized for it not being "fresh," but it still fizzed and I was desperate! After checkout , which was speedy, we went on to our next destination and found that my husband forgot his new (and expensive) king pillow that I had recently purchased. I called back two days later, and they located it and had it at the front desk where we picked it up on our return to Indiana. finally, this was the best hot breakfast that we had on our trip. The scrambled eggs were better than I make, and they had flavored creamers for the soffee. It wasn't Starbucks, but it sure got me going. The only thing that they did not serve was waffles. the breakfast staff was great, and there was plenty of room in the breakfast area. It was a great stay, and I would go back again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
I am sorry you were disappointed with the decor. In 2008 - 2009, we replaced furniture, bedding, carpet, and repainted rooms and put new wallpaper in the bathrooms. We alo put microwave/refrigerator in all the rooms. As for the vanity area, I completely agree with your comments. They are pretty small. We've discussed ways to extend the vanity area, but to do that, we have to take walls down and change the plumbing. We've decided that enovating the vanity area was more than we could handle. With the age of the hotel, somethings are just beyond our control. We do appreciate your comments and hope you understand the situation.
Atlanta, GA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

I stayed at the Best Western with my husband a couple of weeks ago. I think "fine" was the best way to describe our experience ... they do a pretty good job with a dated property. We were in a second-floor king room with a pullout (I think) twin-size sofa.

PROS: The location was very good. It was easy to get to the UK campus from here, and the next exit north (Man O' War Blvd.) has plenty of chain restaurants, Target, grocery store, etc.

The bed had updated linens and was clean and comfortable.

The room was clean (shy of the deep cleaning that I wondered if the carpet needed).

The lounge/bar looked very comfortable and was open pretty late (11pm or midnight?). We didn't end up there but would have if we had the chance.

One of the ladies at the front desk when we checked out (Beverly Butler, I think) was very sweet and friendly.

CONS: The property is obviously pretty old. While the things that are relatively easy to update (furniture, carpet) had been updated, the fixtures (shower tile, sink, stair railings, low ceiling) gave it away.

The couch in our room was worn through on top and looked dirty. We chose not to sit on it.

The sink area of the bathroom was TINY. Tiny! It would have been pretty uncomfortable if I was staying with another female or with a family. There was just no counter space.

The breakfast was fine, but nothing special. They did have a good assortment (cereal, breads/pastries, yogurt, eggs, biscuits, sausage or some other breakfast meat). We opted for the Hardee's across the street on the second morning (granted, Hardee's breakfast is hard to beat). Best Western did have a nice assortment of coffee creamers.

OVERALL: Nothing was really wrong with the Best Western, but given the choice again, I would cough up the additional $5 or $10 a night to stay at the much newer LaQuinta across the street. If you really want fancy new chain hotels of a slightly higher caliber, go up an exit to Man O' War.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

The word is excellent! Hotel is very easily located from I-75, and that was wonderful after driving many hours from Chicago. I can tell when I drive up to a place how my stay is going to be. I was not disappointed. Front desk was very friendly and helpful. Lobby was beautiful. My trip was business. It was my first time in Lexington. Front desk was very helpful with directions to where I needed to go. They directed us to a lovely near-by shopping center also! Breakfast was delicious and the room was very clean and neat. When I travel, my place to rest will be Bestwestern.

Geri C

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your nice comments. We are lucky to have such nice people working for us. I know that you can't find friendlier staff at any other hotel in Lexington. We look forward to welcoming you on your next visit.
La Crosse, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

From check in to check out, this hotel exceeded expectations. Even though the building isn't new, it is extremely well kept. The grounds are immaculate. Rooms were very clean and well appointed. The warm free breakfast was generous and delicious. The staff was courteous and went out of their way to help. This is a great value for the rate.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
unflappable, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Lexington Conference Center Hotel, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Thank you so much for your nice comments. We've worked really hard this fall to update the grounds with new planting and resealing the parking lot and I am glad it shows!
I think we have great people, but comments like yours assure me that we are doing the right thing. Thank you.

Been to BEST WESTERN Lexington Conference Center Hotel? Share your experiences!