“Stay Away Unless You Love Noise!” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Kentucky Bourbon Package
Ranked #7 of 64 Hotels in Lexington
New Jersey
“Stay Away Unless You Love Noise!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2009

At first the hotel seemed to be a nice place with all the rooms surrounding a center atrium. However no one informed us when making the reservation or upon checking in that there would be a party with a live band until past midnight in the center atrium which literally made you feel you were attending the function. I was assured by the front desk (twice) that nothing was going on the second night but to my surprise a wedding was being held which went past midnight. I can't possibly cover all the conversations I had with the staff so I will simply say I was lied to and treated with complete disrespect the entire 2 day stay. I've stayed in numerous Hiltons and Marriotts for well over 50 nights the last 2 years and this was so bad I had to join trip advisor and write my first review so as to warn anyone thinking of staying here. By far the worst experience I've ever had.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
nj
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2009

We found a great deal on the Doubletree Guest Suites Hotel. Having used them in the past, how could we go wrong. We arrived on Saturday, August 22-24, 2009 for a Jonas Brothers concert on the 23rd. The hotel was about 5 minutes from the Rupp Arena, it was very nicely situated next to lots of stores and restaurants. After driving for 11 hours, we found the hotel atmosphere charming and the very professional staff greeted us and treated us with care! Checking in was nice and fast. Upon checking in you are greeted with the best hot chocolate chip cookies ever! Which by the way, you can have daily and if you really like them that you can't live without them, you can order tins of cookies to your home.. The atmosphere of the hotels is hopelessly romantic and charming; you really feel secluded and relaxed.
Our suite was perfect as my husband and I travelled with our 14 year old daughter and her 14 year old friend . The room was more than what we imagined--exceptionally clean, comfortable and well-decorated. The jetted tub was a plus! Although a tiny bit hard to get into the tub. The tub was about two feet deep. I'm 5'3" and in order to get in, I had to stand on one foot, leaning way forward while clinging to the grab bar, swinging the other leg over the tub edge. I'm not what you call very flexible at all! The bathroom had Neutrogena complimentary toiletries The Suites feature louvered partition doors and separate seating areas with desks, sleeper sofas, flat screen t.v., mini fridge. . Our bedroom had two queen size beds, with Pillow top mattresses covered with triple sheeting, fleece blankets, thick duvets and five pillows. Even if everything about the hotel would have been terrible (which it wasn't), the bed and the pillows were worth every penny!! The bed was the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in, with crisp clean sheets, large fluffy pillows and a down comforter..... aahhh HEAVEN! I had an excellent night's sleep. My husband made coffee and the Wolfgang Puck coffee pods produced an acceptable brew.
Our hotel package included free breakfast. We ventured to the restaurant which was very nice. We had their breakfast buffet which included: biscuits and gravy, breakfast potatoes, eggs, breakfast sausages, bacon, ham, french toast and nice hot syrup. An omelet bar was available if you wanted to have an omelet made to your liking. Juices, milk, chocolate milk, danish, breads, bagels, donuts and coffee. This was delicious and would hold us until dinner. We never made it to their lunch or dinner, but I can just imagined they were probably very good.
Parking was very convenient and best of all FREE!
Our stay was great at the Doubletree Guest Suites and if I'm ever in Lexington Kentucky this would definitely be our hotel of choice.

Thank you Doubletree for everything!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
asebastian1, Mananger at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Lexington, responded to this review, September 2, 2009
Thank you for staying with us and taking time to send such a great review. We hope to see you soon and often at our locations.

Thank you again!
Richmond, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2009

I picked this hotel passing through and used Hilton HHonors points for my stay and in that respect it was a good value for the points. Check-in was very quick and I was assigned an interior room with a view of the atrium.

All of the rooms here are suites and my room had a living area separated from the sleeping area by louvered doors. The room was very spacious but being on the interior of the building the room was very dark, especially the living area. Judging from the other posted photos there has been a good bit of renovation lately. The bathroom still has a 2 person jetted tub... sort of like having our own personal pool in the room. The room was very clean but the tub area could use some more renovation work. The bed was very comfortable.

I had dinner at the bar, which was empty. The food was very good, however since I was the only person at the bar, the bartender was very frequently away from the bar for long periods. I did not use the restaurant or room service as I departed very early the next morning.

I dropped off both my key and a completed "Care Card" at the front desk. When I arrived home over a week later there was a mechanically sounding but handwritten response from the Front Office Manager addressing the issues I raised on the Card Card while I was at the hotel. For some strange reason the Front Office Manager wrongly assumed I was female and addressed me "Ms" throughout the letter.

While not a superlative stay, the hotel and staff are very competent and free of surprises.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2009

My husband, 3 year old daughter, and I stayed in the Doubletree hotel from July 12th-14th of 2009. This was one of the best hotel experiences that we have had in Lexington. I booked this hotel because I was taking my board exams at the Prometric Center (which happens to be next door to the hotel). We had never stayed here before or knew anyone that had. The reviews were good and the location was perfect, so we decided to go ahead and try it. I got a special rate for booking and paying the full amount in advance (our final rate ended up being about $124 a night for the king size two room suite). I booked through the Hilton Honors website and requested extra pillows and towels prior to arrival. The hotel staff was friendly upon check-in and the warm chocolate chip cookies were a nice bonus...my little girl especially liked that! The hotel lobby is very pretty with plenty of space to meet up with friends or grab a drink from the lounge. Our suite was very nice and very clean...probably the cleanest hotel I have ever stayed in. Our suite had a living space separated from the bedroom by a room divider with doors. There was a balcony overlooking the lobby that opened with french doors from the bedroom. The furnishings were updated with flat screen tv's and nice decor. The bathroom also had updated furnishings with jetted tub, Neutrogena bath products, and nice full size hairdryer (as opposed to those wall units). I did notice that the extra pillows and towels were not in our room, but a quick call to the front desk remedied that (very courteous staff). The bed and pillows were very comfortable. My daugter slept on the sleeper sofa in the living area and she loved that she had her own space. On a side note, the movie rentals are a bit pricey (~$11-14 per movie). The Disney Channel was not included in their cable, but you could pay to watch their shows (~$3 per episode of Disney favorites or $9 for a combo pack). Showtime was included in their cable though. The swimming pool was outside and heated to a comfortable temperature. We did not try the hotel restaraunt as it is also pricey and there are good choices nearby (The Chop House and Texas Roadhouse are within 2-3 minute drive). The Fayette Mall and Hamburg Center are with 10-15 minutes and offer good shopping and dining options. We have stayed at other Lexington hotels in this price range (and some more expensive) and Doubletree is the best. I would recommend it over both The Campbell House (Crowne-Plaza) and the Marriott.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2009

This hotel is located at the back of a small shopping plaza and you might miss it at first. You step into the lobby and there is an interior courtyard painted to make it seem you are outdoors looking at three separate buildings surrounding a village square. The staff were all very nice and very welcoming. The rooms were renovated, I think from a Sheraton, into a Doubletree. This makes for a bit of a different layout in the rooms. You walk into a long, narrow sitting area with a coffee station and sleep sofa. Then there are louvered doors into the bedroom. We had two beds in the bedroom. I guess for air flow and because there are no windows in the sitting area, the louvered doors stop about a foot from the ceiling. There is a tv in the sitting area and another in the bedroom. I couldn't stand having them both on at the same time on different channels. It was far too noisy. The bathroom had a layout I had never seen in a hotel before. The only closet area in the suite (and the ironing board) were located in the bathroom. So if someone was using the toilet, it made it hard for another family member to get at anything in the closet area. Also the only shower head was above a large jacuzzi tub. To take a shower, you have to step up and over the tub wall. I had to lift a 6 year old up and over. I think an elderly person who has difficulty climbing in and out of a regular tub might have a problem. Also, since the furniture just fit into the rooms, we had no place to put out a large suitcase except on the bed. The pool is outdoors but we didn't use it, simply saw it from our room. There was free wifi (although I don't know if that was a perk given to us because we are Hilton Honors members) and the business center was free too. Overall, it is a good choice, a clean hotel with a great staff. Just wanted to try to describe its "quirks."

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2009

I have stayed at this hotel several times over the past 10 years. It has changed hands a couple of times. Most recently it was a Sheraton Suites. Doubletree has done a nice job polishing up the hotel with newer furnishings, etc in the rooms. It is an all suite hotel. The suites are spacious and include a mini fridge and a very large jacuzzi tub (which is the reason we like this hotel best). The hotel is located in the back of a shopping / business center which includes a Panera Bread. There is also The Chop House restaurant across the street (which is our favorite place to eat in the area). Overall, I give this hotel 2 thumbs up!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Richmond,VA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2009

After 9 hours on the road we were looking forward to staying in a nice, quiet hotel to rest up for the next leg of our trip. This Doubletree is located in a strip mall but upon entering the hotel we were impressed with the beauty of the interior. The front desk staff was efficient but a bit impersonal. When checking in the NOISE began...there was a party going on in the central portion of the hotel, a band was playing loudly!

We hoped that we would not be able to hear the band/party from our room...we were wrong. Called the front desk and asked to be switched to a room away from the noise but was told that all rooms were subjected to the loudness (I do not believe it) and was told that the band would play until midnight! My family did not sleep well (or in my case at all) due to the noise. I feel as if we were cheated by the staff for we were not warned of the party when making reservations or during check in...if so we would have stayed elsewhere!

I do recommend this hotel but please ensure that there are no parties booked when you reserve your room...you will not sleep if there is! Would have rated this hotel MUCH higher if not for the noise.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Been to DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Lexington? Share your experiences!