“Great place to stay in Lexington” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Kentucky Bourbon Package
Ranked #7 of 65 hotels in Lexington
Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania
“Great place to stay in Lexington”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Nice hotel. Clean rooms. Very friendly staff. Wonderful interior atrium lobby - very pleasant place to relax. Free Wi-Fi. We could not arrive until after 1AM but our room was held for us. My only complaint is my complaint with all top flight hotels where you have to pay an arm and a leg for breakfast. Having to pay $15 for breakfast adds considerably to the cost of a hotel, when so many places are now offering free continental breakfasts. Our room was a 2 room suite which was not overly expensive, but gave me the luxury of being able to get some work done in one room while someone else could sleep in.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
lexrrdt, Director of Sales at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Lexington, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you for your review. I'm sorry you were disappointed with our breakfast price.

493 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Lexington, Kentucky
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

DISAPPOINTED

We arrived at the hotel and had only a few minutes to check-in and get to where we needed to be on time. We are Hilton Gold members and we booked our rooms 9 weeks out. We checked in and were not told that our room choice had changed. We placed our luggage in the room and did not even have time to turn on the lights.

We returned back to our hotel room late on Friday night. My husband and I were very tired. We just wanted a good night's sleep as we had to wake at 5:00 AM. The bed was horrible and it had two big divots. It way way past replacement time. The next morning I stepped on a carpet nail. What a way to start to a busy day. I stopped by the front desk to ask why the room that I booked was not available and why I was not informed when I checked in the hotel. The young lady was very rude and actually acted like she was too busy to talk with me.

That evening I spoke with another front desk person and they said they were overbooked and acted like they could care less of our displeasure. When I booked the hotel, I thought it would be renovated since it recently became a Hilton. It was still the outdated dark hotel decor from the days of the being the French Quarter Suites. (It was nice back then and not dated.)

In our Hilton profile, it is noted that our one preference is to be away from the elevators. We were right by the elevators. Oh, and on Sunday afternoon they called me to get my Hilton credit card numbers which they swiped on our arrival. This could not explained as to why they were calling.

There was another family traveling with us and their list of complaints goes on and on as well. They wanted a later check-out since they did not get the room they booked. They were told to come back on Sunday morning to arrange for the late check out. Once they went back on Sunday morning, they were told they should have mentioned earlier in their stay. They were completely frustrated by the staff as well.

This hotel needs new management, new staff and renovation. The only positive thing I have to say about the hotel is....Great Location. Our friends have been encouraging us to make the switch to Marriott and I think this last hotel stay just sealed that deal.

Room Tip: Book another hotel if you want a good room!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
jasonnaper, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Lexington, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I understand that you were disappointed and that we came short of delivering what you are accustomed to expect from us. I truly apologize if this was the case and I can assure you that I will definitely keep your review in mind to improve our in-property experience. We appreciate your business and sincerely apologize that we did not provide you with the level of quality that you are accustomed to receive from us. We do everything we can to ensure our guests enjoy our hotel. With that said, I assure that your feedback is incredibly important to us and I will definitely take your comments into consideration.

Knoxville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

A little pricier than we generally stay in, but brought our soccer team here for a tournament. EXCELLENT staff, great service, nice rooms, no complaints. A couple updates could be made with some of the bathroom fixtures, but they treated us VERY well here. No complaints. Would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
lexrrdt, Director of Sales at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Lexington, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review.
Knoxville, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Stayed here using Hilton points for a quick, one-night trip to Lexington. Check-in process was smooth, efficient and professional. Room was clean with a comfortable bed and HUGE jetted bathtub/shower which was unexpected. Room was large and would have been comfortable for a much longer stay. Location was good, relatively quickly access to I-75 and downtown. We didn't dine at the hotel during our stay, so I can't comment on that. There are a few other restaurants within walking distance. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again or recommend this place.

Room Tip: I would request a room on the outside/exterior wall as there was some noise the next morning from th...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. We look forward to your return when you travel to Lexington. Thank you for staying with us and for your loyalty to our Hilton family.
Sharpsburg, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Very good location close to UK. Very professional staff with a wonderful breakfast. The interior decoration was very plesing to the eyes and comfortable. Self parking was convenient and close. The room service personnel were polite, efficient and quick. While in Lexington stay at the Doubletree Suites.

Room Tip: Heater/Air Conditioner was located right next to the headboard of the bed. It took some time to get...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I don't want to say I am a hotel snob....but I am fussy.I looked at 2 other hotels before I came to this one and checked in right away. Even though I didn't have a reservation the lady at check in was lovely.She seemed to really enjoy her job. I usually have certain requests like no high floors and no connecting doors and she looked until she found one. I also don't like
cookie cutter hotels.The indoor courtyard/atrium is beautiful and different. I loved it! Then the
best part...the room, spacious suite, amazing bed. Great night's rest. Complimentary morning
coffee ready. Nice little strip plaza there.Panera and a cute little restaurant, I think it was
Smashing Tomato....yummy pizza and soup. Didn't get to try the hotel dining room but looked
nice too. Would stay again.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review.
Old Lyme, Connecticut, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Clean, quiet with a helpful friendly staff. The bartender Ro (who also handles all room service orders), is a mainstay. Stop by and chat him up on local or national news. The rooms are spacious (most if not all are min suites), the beds comfortable, and how can you go wrong when all linens, including the duvet covers are changed between guests.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank for your review. We will pass you comments on to Ro.

Been to DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Lexington? Share your experiences!