“Home away from home” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Soddy Daisy, Tennessee
“Home away from home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I have family in Lexington, so I am in town 2-3 times per year. Beginning with family wedding in 2007, Doubletree has been our home away from home in Lexington. Really fine Southern hospitality, very comfortable rooms, and chocolate chip cookies. Very happy to stay here.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
lexrrdt, Director of Sales at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Lexington, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. A warm cookie will be ready for you when you return to Lexington.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Wild Rose
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Everything was great. Lots of restaurants close by. We will be stopping on again. Beds were comfy too. The front desk was very efficient and helpful in recommending nearby shopping areas for us. We were not disappointed as the other reviews were what made us decide to stay here. The warm cookies were a plus.

Room Tip: King suite was very nice, not huge but very adequate for the overnight stay
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of our hotel service and staff.
London, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I have stayed here several times and me and my wife love it. It is an older hotel and is maintained very well. We love the charm and appeal. The rooms are quiet and very comfortable.The service is immaculate and all the staff are very friendly and polite.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of our service and staff.
Manlius, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

I selected this hotel through TA and was not disappointed. This is a very nice property and the service level is very high. Front desk and restaurant staff are very pleasant and helpful. Rooms are large, quiet and comfortable. We only had two complaints. First, in my view, these rooms do not qualify as suites. As many hotels do, this "suite" has a pair of louvred doors that close off the living room area, but there is open air above the doors and light and noise pass between the rooms as though there were no doors. Second, the HVAC system is very loud and does not work well. The hotel is a bit tricky to find, as it is located behind a mall area that you have to find your way around. Getting downtown is an easy 3-4 mile drive straight down Richmond, through a gorgeous, old historic neighborhood. All things considered I would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. We will check the HVAC system in your room.
Charlottesville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Double Tree Lexington for the first time. We were extremely impressed with the quality of the accommodations for such a reasonable price. Our room was very spacious and clean, with nice decor and was very comfortable. The staff was very friendly and helpful from the moment we arrived. Upon arrival you are greeted with delicious warm chocolate chip cookies. This hotel also has a cozy restaurant dining room on premises. When arriving home, we realized we had left our personal pillow in the hotel room and the staff was very helpful and mailed it to us without hesitation. Thank you for a wonderful stay. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the Lexington area whether a couple or a family.

Room Tip: We were on an exterior room on the third floor and it was quiet. Interior rooms look down onto a cou...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review of our hotel and service.
Columbus
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I arrived tired and was welcomed with the luscious warm chocolate chip cookie. They even gave me an extra one since I had missed dinner. When I got to my room, I found I had forgotten my phone charger. It was almost 9:45PM but the front desk found me an open Walmart with directions to find one. Walmart sadly didn't have one, so they looked up the time the AT&T store opened in the morning for me so I could get my phone charged before my day began. They alkways greeted me by name and never seemed aggravated with my call after call needing something else.
The room was clean, well cared for and had a ceiling fan!! The mattress was firm but not rack hard; it gave my back a wonderful night's rest.
The price was the similar to most other hotels in the area, but the extras I have mentioned made it a BEST VALUE for me. I hope you check it out, too.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review of our hotel.
Fredericksburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

The Doubletree provided a very comfortable room at a reasonable price. The staff was very friendly and welcomed us as frequent visitors to Hilton properties.

As usual, the chocolate chip cookies were warm and tasty. The room was spacious and clean. It's a bit deceiving, since you enter the front side of the property through a shopping center, but there was plenty of parking. Breakfast was delicious.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Lexington? Share your experiences!