“I will always stay here when I'm in Lexington!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Kentucky Bourbon Package
Ranked #8 of 64 Hotels in Lexington
Columbus
“I will always stay here when I'm in Lexington!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I arrived tired and was welcomed with the luscious warm chocolate chip cookie. They even gave me an extra one since I had missed dinner. When I got to my room, I found I had forgotten my phone charger. It was almost 9:45PM but the front desk found me an open Walmart with directions to find one. Walmart sadly didn't have one, so they looked up the time the AT&T store opened in the morning for me so I could get my phone charged before my day began. They alkways greeted me by name and never seemed aggravated with my call after call needing something else.
The room was clean, well cared for and had a ceiling fan!! The mattress was firm but not rack hard; it gave my back a wonderful night's rest.
The price was the similar to most other hotels in the area, but the extras I have mentioned made it a BEST VALUE for me. I hope you check it out, too.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
lexrrdt, Director of Sales at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Lexington, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Thank you for your review of our hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Fredericksburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

The Doubletree provided a very comfortable room at a reasonable price. The staff was very friendly and welcomed us as frequent visitors to Hilton properties.

As usual, the chocolate chip cookies were warm and tasty. The room was spacious and clean. It's a bit deceiving, since you enter the front side of the property through a shopping center, but there was plenty of parking. Breakfast was delicious.

Owingsville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

My parents recommended this hotel to my husband and I. They use to spend anniversaries at the DoubleTree and reserved a night for us on our first anniversary, just to get away. We love it!! It's clean, very nice and cozy. The staff is always very friendly and helpful. The cookies at check-in are always a bonus as well. We recently stayed a night at the DoubleTree Suites for my husbands birthday. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review.
liberty112
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We stayed a week at the DoubleTree Suites in Lexington in October 2012. My husband was there for business and I tagged along for some relaxation & exploration.

The desk staff was ALWAYS friendly and nearly always said hello with a smile as I walked out or to the elevator. There were some employees that would walk out of the office near the elevator that could have been a bit more friendly as I seemed to always return to the hotel as they were getting off of work and leaving.

The room we had was nice and cleaned well each day. We didn't use the big tub, but it certainly was big enough for 2 people if you wanted to enjoy it. The inside courtyard area is super cute and definitely a unique feature to this hotel. We heard it may get a little "loud" in the evenings if your room borders this area so we asked for a room that didn't open up to the courtyard. We didn't hear a peep at anytime during our stay from any direction!

I tried to eat at the restaraunt for breakfast the first morning we were there but I couldn't find any waitstaff or figure out how it worked. I sat for a few minutes in the couches past the gate waiting for someone who looked like they worked there to help. There were 3 staff members that were caught up in talking about "furniture changes" that seemed oblivious to me. 2 were probably traveling coorprate manager type people and I think one of them was actually someone who was working in the restaurant. I gave up after being ignored and headed across the street to Bob Evans and split the breakfasts the rest of the week between Bob Evans and the Sonic that is just a very short block walk away from this hotel.

Parking is close to the hotel, I did see a few sketchy people hanging around the backside of the hotel near the pool and other office buildings down the small hill but I always felt safe.

The location is great. There are restaraunts nearby if you are walking and if you are driving it is just a short drive to the major highways to get around town or on the outskirts. There are a few shops right next to the hotel also- a cute upscale consignment shop, a UK sports clothing shop, a tanning place, and a fancy dress place. Not very far up the road is a large Kroger store with groceries and "buy by the bottle" beer & wine coolers. Loved that as we were able to test out some local brews.

I would definitely return to this hotel with no worries and would recommend it to anyone traveling for business or leisure.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
lexrrdt, Director of Sales at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Lexington, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Thank you for your review. I truly regret that our resturant staff was not available to seat you. We will follow up with our team to ensure such a situation does not happen again.
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

My husband and I checked into the DoubleTree after refusing to stay at another area hotel we had booked online. I was a little panicky that we might not be able to find another reservation on short notice, but had no problem booking a room here.

From the warm cookie at check-in to the spacious & very clean room to the embroidered "Sweet Dreams" pillow on the very comfy bed - I felt pampered the entire stay. The staff is friendly & helpful. Make sure to stop by the Carousel bar in the lobby for a drink and great service.

Tip: Purchase breakfast when reserving your room to save money. It is buffet-style, with made-to-order waffles and omelets and only about $7/person if you purchase ahead of time.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
lexrrdt, Director of Sales at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Lexington, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thank you for your Excellent review, we hope to see you back soon. Your warm DoubleTree cookie will be ready when you check in.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

The staff are very efficient and pleasant. The room was spacious and clean. The location was perfect for flexibility between downtown, airport and the University. I would easily recommend this hotel to friends and family.

• Stayed November 2012
lexrrdt, Director of Sales at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Lexington, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you for your Excellent review of our hotel.
Corbin, Kentucky, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

My wife and I chose this hotel as the place to spend our 30th anniversary. It was the all around best hotel we have ever stayed in. Service was great, from making reservations to check out. My wife loved the beds. Slept 12 hours straight. We are thinking about making this our home a way from home about once a month.

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony room over looking the Attrium.