“A Good Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 64 Hotels in Lexington
SC
“A Good Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2011

Couldn't ask for better service overall. Quiet (even with Christmas parties in the atrium). The HVAC is a tad loud, but you don't notice it after an hour or so. Extra pillows and bath linens were no problem. My main and continuing complaint with this establishment (which resulted in the "Avaerage" ratings below, is that wireless or wired Internet access is an additional charge. Ture, Wi-Fi IS free in the "public" areas (atrium, etc.),but who wants to wander down to the atrium in their undies to check the news at 5:00 a.m.? Plus, the term "high speed" is a real stretch - couldn't stream low-def Youtube videos, much less moviex and television. The personnel are the friendliest around,and every requesst was promptly addressed.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Ottawa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2011

I’m very late writing this review, and I’ll start up front by admitting there’s no way I can be unbiased. The Doubletree staff gave me caring service at a vulnerable time, and for that I award them five stars. I arrived in Lexington because my mother was gravely ill. It quickly became apparent that her condition was more serious than we thought, and family began to overflow her apartment. (She was staying in a nearby nursing facility.) Not knowing whether there would be room for me in her apartment, or whether we would need to be keeping vigil by her bedside, I showed up in the Doubletree lobby to explain the situation and ask what would be the latest I could cancel a reservation without penalty. No need to even provide a credit card according to the man at the front desk. All I had to do was leave my name, and if I needed a room that night, one would be available. Sure enough, when I showed up at 6:30 that evening, I was given a room at an extremely reasonable rate (despite booking at the last minute and showing up on a weekend), the clerk then on duty remarking that I’d been given a quiet room away from the elevators so I could be sure to get some rest. The exemplary service continued even after I checked out. Being rattled by the circumstances, I had managed to leave a skirt behind, which the cleaning staff had found and turned into the front desk. How wonderful to be treated with kindness and caring at such a difficult time. (And how very different from my airline’s response!)

So, you can see why I can’t possibly review my room with un-blinkered eyes. Frankly, I was so preoccupied that I can’t even remember some of the details of the room. I do know that the free WiFi provided a much appreciated diversion while I was in the room, and the warm tea I made with the in-room facilities was a comfort. In fact, having used all the green tea bags provided, I phoned the front desk and more were delivered to my door shortly, free of charge.

The bed was huge and comfy; despite the trying circumstances, I had no trouble sleeping. The bathroom, complete with jacuzzi, was large and squeaky clean. There was ample room (and hangers) to hang all of my clothes. The view from the room was nothing special, but you aren’t going to find special views on this stretch of Richmond Road. And despite the lack of fine views, the location is very convenient, with easy access to both downtown Lexington, via Richmond Rd./Main St., and the greater Lexington area and freeways, via New Circle Rd. There are also several reasonable places to eat within easy, safe walking distance. A Panera Bread outlet is just a few doors down.

Given my circumstances, I didn’t bother to learn about the special services or facilities that might have been available at the hotel, but I did make use of one of their free front desk safe deposit boxes to store my passport. Some might prefer an in-room safe, but I felt this was actually more secure.

In short, the suite and facilities were far more than adequate and the service unmatched.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Vinny2601, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Lexington, responded to this review, December 15, 2011
WOW, thank you for your wonderful comments about my team and hotel, we appreciate you staying with us,
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2011

Good location but HVAC kept me up all night. I was on second floor on atrium side and could hear crowd in the bar below. Suite design is strange and bath small. Very clean though. Restaurant closed early.

Room Tip: Don't get balcony room. Askmabou a/c noise.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Jamestown, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2011

We stayed here for our Thanksgiving visit to Lexington. For reasons unclear to me, the hotel upgraded us to the Terrace Suite on the 2nd floor. It was wonderful! Though I must admit the the bidet was not really necessary. My wife, son, and I were very happy with this suite.

I compliment the staff for great service. The front desk staff was especially generous with the cookies when my 7 year old son was around.

My one real complaint is about the room service "continenal breakfast." The pastries were stale, the toasted bagel was cold and we did not get any butter or jelly. This meal was not enjoyable and not worth the room service price. Luckily, a Panera Bread is within walking distance and provided us with breakfast for the remainder of our stay.

The location is great. There are many dining and shopping options on Richmond Road.

We will stay here again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for your business and your excellent comments
Muncie, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

Awesome rooms, CLEAN, romantic, nice big Jacuzzi tub, nice suite with separate bedroom. Great amenities. Friendly Staff. Loved it.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
From the Team, Thank you for your awesome comments, we appreciate you business
Ashland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011

Very unusual design but a very good hotel. Clean comfortable rooms and at a reasonable rate.
I have never stayed at a Double tree hotel before and I was very pleased. It was the chocolate chip cookies that made me try it! The only thing was I cound;t find them, so I asked and they were at the front desk. Don't forget to ask they are really good!!!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Vinny2601, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Lexington, responded to this review, November 18, 2011
Thank you for your excellent review, we appreciate your business.
Philadelphia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011

Reserved room for 3 ngts. Good location for my needs. Very comfortable bed, big room...but...very noisy heat/fan unit..so, bad, we had to switch rooms after first night. Hotel was very good about accomadating us. However, all rooms seem to have this heat/ac unit in central part of suites. We figured the first room was broken. Our other complaint?? is that the closet is "in" the bathroom. We kept our coats on the chairs in the suite sitting area. Who gets dressed in the bathroom???
Situated in the shopping area off of New Circle Rd, where there's a Panera's, and lots, of restaurants nearby. (no complimentary breakfast here)
Appreciated the "welcome" warm cookie. Great staff, both at the desk, and housekeeping.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Thank You for your comments and review, we appreciate your business

Been to DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Lexington? Share your experiences!