“Good Choice!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Hotel

You added Clarion Hotel to your Saves list
Clarion Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1950 Newtown Pike, Lexington, KY 40511 (Formerly Holiday Inn Lexington North)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #27 of 64 Hotels in Lexington
Gladstone, Michigan
“Good Choice!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

Traveling with pets is a challenge and this pet friendly hotel was very nice. I requested a first floor room near a door and was happily accommodated . The king bed was super. Very comfortable!
Room was clean, restaurant was handy on site and complimentary breakfast was good.
Desk staff friendly and helpful.
Very convenient location. This one stays in my address book.

Room Tip: Back rooms would be quieter.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Clarionlex, General Manager at Clarion Hotel, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write such a great comment. We take great pride in providing exceptional service to our four legged guests as well as their owners. We hope to see you at The Clarion again soon.

Melissa McGuire

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Ocala
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

This was our second stay at the Clarion in Lexington near the horse park. The hotel staff is fantastic. The hotel itself is clean, has a great indoor pool, basketball court, Jacuzzi and sauna. There is a game room, nice bar/restaurant and free breakfast that is actually pretty good. This is a family friendly hotel. We booked again for next year. The rooms are comfortable and the prices are reasonable. The hotel is rather large so try to get a room near the pool if you plan to use it. You can walk the equivalent of a couple blocks to reach the pool from some of the rooms. The friendly and efficient staff made our stay excellent. There is plenty of parking too. We had our horse trailer. The desk clerk directed us to an open area of the parking lot where we were able to turn around easily and leave our trailer parked during our visit.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Clarionlex, General Manager at Clarion Hotel, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write such a glowing review. I am so glad you enjoyed your time with us. We pride ourselves on being a great family friendly destination. We look forward to seeing you again next year.
Port huron
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

We stopped here after driving 15 hours. The front desk was friendly and fast. The room was perfect for what we needed. Nothing fancy about it but all we wanted was to get out of the car and rest! Only downfall water pressure very slow if your in a hurry!!! Overall we would stop here again! Thank you

• Stayed March 2014
Clarionlex, General Manager at Clarion Hotel, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I hope the next time you are traveling through Lexington you will stop in and see us.

Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

Thank you Clarion staff! The band PINK MARTINI and the von Trapps had a wonderful stay and you did a great job sorting out all 19 rooms that we needed. Smooth as silk and very pleasant! They loved amenities especially the indoor pool and basketball court!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your wonderful review. We are so proud to be a partner with Woodsongs and look forward to hosting more great events in the future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

As if the accommodations aren't great enough, the staff is even better! They are by far the most helpful, and polite staff I have ever dealt with! We had so many changes due to schedule conflicts, and they were able to accommodate everything as needed. Super quick responses to questions and whatnot. Highly recommended!

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for choosing Clarion Hotel. I am so please to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we were able to accommodate all your needs. It is our goal to always provide great service and I am happy to hear that our staff succeeded.
Once again thank you and we hope that we will see you again soon.

Beattyville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

Very nice place. Read other reviews about how it was dirty, but fount nothin wrong! Pool and hot tub was both very big and would recommend this to others. Basketball court was very nice and had great workers that was there to help if needed! Looking forward to our next stay!

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Clarionlex, General Manager at Clarion Hotel, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Thank you so much for choosing Clarion Hotel. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. It is our number one goal to always provide a good clean room with great amenties at a great value. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Wilder, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

DO NOT stay at this hotel, it is absolutely disgusting. When I checked into my room, I went to the bathroom only to find FECES in the toilet. Yes, I arrived to my room with a huge fecal surprise waiting for me in the toilet. Huge. I tried to flush it, and the toilet overflowed. Water spilled out all over the bathroom floor. It was a mess. I immediately called the front desk, but no one answered. So I walked to the front desk and of course there were two clerks, sitting there, doing nothing. I asked to speak with the manager and requested a new room. She acted surprised that there was a problem, stating that my room wasn't on the list to be cleaned that day. So no telling how long the feces was sitting there in the toilet in that room. This only tells me that either the maids don't clean the toilets (absolutely nasty) or a maid actually made the mess. I'm inclined to believe the former, as that place is a dump. She offered to discount my room 50% and moved me to a different room. This new room wasn't much better. It was musty, the carpet, furniture, and bedding had stains, and the air conditioner made a loud knocking sound. Overall, it was a very unpleasant experience. If you're staying in this area, do yourself a favor and stay at one of the several hotels next door and across the street. You will thoroughly regret staying at this hotel.
I should have taken a photo of the nasty overflowing toilet in my room, as the manager is now trying to deny that the toilet was even overflowing.
Poor service. Poor quality. Extremely dirty. Poor managing.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Clarionlex, General Manager at Clarion Hotel, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
On behalf of the entire staff I apologize that you were unhappy with your stay. We pride ourselves on offering a good clean room, with great amenities, at a good value so I am sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay. We are currently upgrading our rooms with new carpet and wall design for our guest comfort and convenience with the majority of the rooms having been completed including the room from your recent stay. We always try to make things right and I apologize if you feel the discount and complimentary late checkout were not enough.
Once again I apologize for the issues you experienced.

Melissa McGuire

Been to Clarion Hotel? Share your experiences!