“Lots of steps” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Hotel

Save Saved
You added Clarion Hotel to your Saves list
Clarion Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1950 Newtown Pike, Lexington, KY 40511 (Formerly Holiday Inn Lexington North)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #28 of 65 hotels in Lexington
Florence, Kentucky
“Lots of steps”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

The hotel was clean and pretty nice. The continential breakfast was pretty good too. The staff was friendly and welcoming. The only negative I had was there were a ton of steps - just a few at a time, but we had to go up several steps to our room, then up and down several on our walk to the breakfast area. Not a bad walk for normal folks -- but for someone with a bad knee and recent knee surgery it was a big laborous.

I would definitely stay again -- but request a room closer to things with fewer steps.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Clarionlex, General Manager at Clarion Hotel, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Thank you for choosing Clarion Hotel. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again soon. Just let our staff know that you would like a room in the main lobby area. This will ensure there are no steps from the lobby to your room as well as the restaurant.
Once again thank you and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

303 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Limerick, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

18 of us Europeans we very well looked after during our stay at the Clarion for 10 nights. Staff were most curtious and helpful. Speacial Thank you to Scott for organising our stay and a really special thank you from all 18 of us to our good friend Jack who was the most freindly and hospitable person you could ever meet. Well done to all at the Clarion.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Clarionlex, General Manager at Clarion Hotel, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us again this year. We always love having your group and hope to see you again next year. I will be sure to give Scott and Jack a "pat on the back" for a job well done.

Once again thank you,
Louisville, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

For $100/night, it was fine. The bed was comfortable for two very tired guests. The only problems were that most of the lights didn't work and there was a stain on the carpet but it was clean. It would have also been nice to have someone tell us where the ice machine, etc. was located so that we didn't have to walk all over the place (still never found it).

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing Clarion Hotel. I apologize that we didn't find the non working lights and repair them before your arrival as well as the carpet stain. I will speak with my staff immediately to ensure they are inspecting the rooms thoroughly before putting them in the system as ready.
I appreciate your comments and I assure you that we take all comments very seriously and use them to improve for the future.
Once again thank you and we hope to see you again soon.

Fort Worth
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

This hotel is old and does not have elevators. If you have a room on the backside of the hotel, you have to park quite a distance from your room; and, if the Convention Center attached to the hotel is being used, parking is even worse. It was clean, no bugs, nice TV, so it's okay for one night in a bed - that's it.

Room Tip: Remember, there is no elevator, so if you need a room on the ground floor, call the hotel as soon as...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Clarionlex, General Manager at Clarion Hotel, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Thank you for choosing Clarion Hotel. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon so you can see the great amenities that we have to offer. Our hotel has a wonderful FunDome with indoor pool, video games, indoor basketball court, and much more to enjoy. We also offer a full service restuarant and lounge as well as all hotel guests receive a free hot breakfast buffet.
I apologize if parking was an issue during your stay. There are parking areas at every entrance way so you can park close to the your room location. We are in process of paving our lot so that may have been what caused the parking issue. And while we don't currently have an elevator the two story hotel does offer some of every room type on the first floor for those who can not do steps. Just let reservations or the front desk know and they will be happy to assist you.
I look forward to seeing you again soon and talking with you about how we can improve your next visit.

Memphis
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

It is terrible in my opinion. No elevator so I was traveling with two older relatives with mobility issues and it was like, "So, they can"t walk upstairs?" No, 22 year old front desk lady, No, they can't. Bright spot, (Front Desk) after some wrangling rooms were found. Dark spots were when we got to rooms. Smoky, no AC, I immediately went to buy Lysol to spray the rooms and bedding. I opened the door to my room walked around and called The Marriott. I moved - relatives stayed as they wanted to be with their friends. I was there for 2 days back and forth checking on family and attending events. Restaurant was good, had a tasty salad and the waiter (mid-age man) was super nice and professional. I think staff knows they have to be on good Behavior to outshine the hotel faults.

This hotel has real problems because the security doors are not secured. Door in section F was open 24/7 and I pray nothing negative happens to anyone.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
I am so sorry for the issues you experienced. While we do not have an elevator we work very hard to honor all medical request for first floor and always try to have someone on property to assist with luggage. I apologize if these items were not offered. In regards to your room I would love to speak to you directly to find out what room you were checked into so I can ensure it receives the attention needed. We have also ensured that entrance F is locking properly.
I want to assure you that we take these reviews and comments very seriously and always want to provide the best possible experience for all of our guests. Our goal is to provide a good clean room, with great amenities, and a free hot breakfast buffet at a good value. I hope that your family members enjoyed their stay at our hotel.
Once again I apologize that you were unhappy and I would love the opportunity speak to you directly to discuss further.

Reno, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for one night and it was not a good experience. The hotel was formerly a Holiday Inn.

The hotel was sold out and our room which was supposed to be non-smoking was obviously a former smoking room. After just getting over a respiratory infection the smoke had me coughing all night. The staff was apologetic but did nothing to alter the situation. We were booked for two nights but left the next morning.

The beds are tempur-pedic which some people may love, they kill my back so it was just not a good night.

As a setup for kids it was very nice. Great pool, basketball court as well as a restaurant.

The hotel has a great location and could be very nice if the owners invest some money to bring it back to its former glory.

• Stayed May 2013
Clarionlex, General Manager at Clarion Hotel, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Thank you so much for completing a review and letting us know the things we need to work on. I am so sorry that we didn't take care of your concerns during your stay. I would love to speak to you directly so I can determine the room that you were in and ensure that the issues you experienced have been corrected. It does seem that while most guest love the Tempur-pedic they are not for everyone which is why we offer a Serta mattress option as well. The rooms with these options have never been smoking rooms but sometimes guests smoke in non-smoking rooms. Our housekeeping staff is supposed to take those rooms out of order until we are able to rectify the problem. Once again I apologize that the problem wasn't addressed prior to your arrival and that we didn't make it right during your stay.
We are happy to report that we are currently undergoing improvements in our hotel with approxiametely one half complete. We are very excited and hope that you will come to see us again soon so you can see the final product. If you would like to discuss this matter further I would love to hear from you. My direct number is 859-825-5020.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is amazing. Great service, awesome people. This place is huge! It's extremely neat and clean making it pleasant to live in. The pool, hot tub, basketball court, and arcade are all breathtaking. Plus I dined in at the restaurant and the lovely Paula was the waitress. She was beyond kind and we enjoyed her company!

• Stayed May 2013
Thank you for the wonderful comments. I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay. We take great pride in our hotel and we love to hear when our guest enjoy their stay and all the hotel has to offer.
I believe and I hope that it is obvious that our staff love what they do and that they truly are our best asset. Thank you for acknowledging Paula she is one of a kind.

Melissa McGuire

Been to Clarion Hotel? Share your experiences!