“HOTEL STAY” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Hotel

Save Saved
You added Clarion Hotel to your Saves list
Clarion Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1950 Newtown Pike, Lexington, KY 40511 (Formerly Holiday Inn Lexington North)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #28 of 65 hotels in Lexington
Lexington, Kentucky
“HOTEL STAY”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

the beds are so comfortable.....slept like a baby.....went down to the sport bar and the food was awsome...all the employees have always been very nice too.........we got a free breakfast that was excellant

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Clarionlex, General Manager at Clarion Hotel, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We appreciate your business and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Melissa Mcguire
General Manger

303 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Eastern Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

I recently spent two nights at the Clarion. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. My room was clean, and although the hotel seemed busy, there were no problems with noise or any disturbances. I had a doctor's appointment and then spent a day shopping. I thoroughly enjoyed shopping in Lexington and appreciated the fact that I got a good night's sleep at the hotel before heading home. I will stay there in the future.

Room Tip: Hotel is spread out, so request a room close to the lobby if you don't like to walk.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Clarionlex, Owner at Clarion Hotel, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Thank you for choosing Clarion Hotel. We appreciate your business and we are so happy that you enjoyed your stay. This hotel is a great place for a short "get a way" stay whether it is for a Dr.'s appointment, shopping, or whatever you need. I hope that you will think of us during your next visit to Lexington.

Once again thank you and we hope to see you again soon.

Quad Cities
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Just spent 4 nights here and would not ever go back. The price was reasonable, but I guess you get what you pay for. This place had some serious issues with cleanliness. My family and I had two rooms and they both were not clean and needed updating. One of the first rooms we had was disgusting and a major health hazard. There was a lage foul-smelling stain in the corner that seemed like it was vomit that had not been properly cleaned. When my daughter climbed into bed, she noticed a wet feeling, only to find out that the mattress was soaked with urine. We were given apologies and another room, but how could this room be allowed to be this way in the first place?
The layout of this hotel is horrible. There is no good way to get from one place to another without walking endless hallways. The pool is old and not particularly clean. The "arcade" area had about 15 different video games, of which only about 6 were actually working and these often "stole" your money.
The morning breakfast is a joke. If you do not have a complimentary breakfast coupon, you have to pay $7 for what most hotels offer for free.
The wireless internet was free but was horrible. When it did actaully connect, which was rare, it was so slow that it was basically useless.
I will be traveling to Lexington again, but wil not be staying at the Clarion.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Clarionlex, General Manager at Clarion Hotel, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
I apologize for the issues that you experienced during your visit with us. I would love the opportunity to speak to you directly to find out what room you were in so we can address your concerns and ensure we get them corrected. All of our rooms do come with a complimentary hot breakfast buffet. The coupons are for tracking only and the cost of $7.99 is for non hotel guests if they want to enjoy our buffet. In regards to the pool area we have always received 99% or above on all health department scores for that area. We pride ourselves in keeping the entrie hotel neat and clean. I have contacted the arcade vendor to repair and/or replace any broken games.

Once again I apologize and I hope that you will contact me directly to discuss your concerns.

Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

OMG!! If this was the Last Place on EARTH don't stay HERE!! I was there for a military event While staying here the following items went BAD!! 1. Room had BED BUGS, my coworker got eat up from head to toe and they had a machine on SITE to fix the problems, after changing rooms 4x's. 2. Roaches walking across the floor "like they LIVE THERE!" and they DO! 3. Rat's dropping on table for BREAKFAST...REAL NICE ! 4. Got BILLED for extra's day on top of all that..after I checked out @ 11:30 am when check out is @ noon. If we contracted this HOTEL again send me somewhere else! Overall: staff was ok, but need to forwrd information or let someone solve the problems. Had called while there & two days after to resolve any issues, they say that everything was fine until they billed me. WOW

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Clarionlex, General Manager at Clarion Hotel, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
I am so sorry that you experienced problems during your stay. We take every possible opportunity to ensure things are handled correctly for all of our guests. Ecolab was contacted and no bed bugs were found. (If you would like to contact the hotel directly I can provide this report for your review.) Since we take the threat of bed bugs very seriously we do have a proactive set of procedures in place to handle the situation if one were to arise such as moving the guest, treatment for luggage, and contacting Ecolab to perform a thorough inspection. No room is rented until Ecolab completes their inspection. In regards to the other pest issues we have never experienced issues with these matters and we use Ecolab for all of our preventative pest control needs.
Once again I am sorry that you wre unhappy with your stay. I would love to speak to you directly so we can address the billing issue and other concerns.

Rochester Hills, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

We were here for a wedding this weekend and we were pretty excited about coming to stay at the Clarion. However, upon arrival, it was clear that this "huge, fun, updated" hotel was just another "off-the-highway" type places. The Fun Dome was dirty, our room REEKED of musty, moldy carpet but there was nothing to be done as the rooms were booked for the weekend. The humidity level was off the charts in our room - other people we were with who stayed next door, their room was fine. Save your $100/night and go somewhere else!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Clarionlex, General Manager at Clarion Hotel, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
I apologize that your room was not up to your standard. I would like the opportunity to speak with you directly to ensure that we address the issues you experienced during your recent visit. Our goal is to provide great service and product to all guests. Please contact me at 859-825-5020 to discuss your stay. Your comments will help us to improve for future guests. We hope that you will give us a second chance and be one of those future guests.
I look forward to speaking to you soon.

Punta Gorda, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Flight delayed 15hrs at 8pm. Airline gave discount at this hotel so we made the easy ride over to it. Desk staff was friendly/fine. We were offered an even lower price than the airline quoted and were glad to get that as we'd only be in the room from 930p-430a. Many others in the 'same boat' took the hotel shuttle to and from the hotel and were pleased with it. Lobby was nice. Long corridors were a little dark but ok. Our room was a king with a sofabed. A little on the small side but everything there was nice/clean/comfortable. Wifi/fridge/flat screen/coffee & ceramic mugs. Cold a/c that was a little loud but not a deal breaker. Bed very comfy with a foam top on it/nice linens, lots of pillows. Plenty of nicer towels. A very decent bar was attached that served food until 11pm. The bartender was very welcoming and did a great job. Would definitely stay again. Was a great value.

Room Tip: Able to see your vehicle from the rooms on the front of the hotel. Lot was well lit.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
I am glad that we were able to accommodate you during this unexpected visit. The hotel is convenient to the airport and the free airport shuttle makes things easier when traveling. I wanted to thank you for your valuable comments we use them to improve our service and product. I hope that based on this experience that you will come to see us again soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

Arrived at 2 AM, but the staff was so friendly you would have thought it was 2pm. Wonderful breakfast and morning staff as well. Kids loved the pool, arcade, and UK basketball court! Disappointed to have to leave so fast. Then we left our watch, but the manager went to get it and greeted us at the front desk with it. Fabulous value, but even more important, the people there are kind, honorable, and friendly. Thank you!

• Stayed August 2012
Thank you for the kind review. I have already shared your comments with our 3rd shift employees, they were very excited. Very seldom do they get the oppurtunity to make such a positive impact due to the hours that they work. We appreciate your business and it was my pleasure to be able to meet you in the lobby with your watch after your wonderful comments that day on the phone. I look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Melissa McGuire

Been to Clarion Hotel? Share your experiences!