“Just Passing Through” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #51 of 64 Hotels in Lexington
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Just Passing Through”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

We were just passing through on our way to see family up north. We arrived at 10 pm just to sleep and head out the next morning. The shower head was amazing just what my back needed after a long drive. The bed was very comfortable and I slept very well.
Maybe this is just a personal preference but I would have placed the TV in front of the bed instead of off to the side,
The only down side was that after a shower in the morning while getting dressed my wife noticed that the bottom of my feet were dark gray. The carpet was filthy. Also the morning coffee was average at best.

Stayed October 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Gaston, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

AAA gave this hotel three diamonds. I think they need to go back and take another look. This was far from other AAA 3 diamond hotels that we have stayed in before. This property has not been kept up or maintained like it should. The carpets were filthy, old TV, only two pillows on a king size bed and shower area was not satisfactory. The overall condition was about the poorest that I have ever stayed in. Serious renovating is in order here.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

For our 1 year anniversary my husband and I took a road trip. We stayed at Microtel, Holiday Inn, and this Sheraton. Being newlywed the Sheraton was little expensive but we wanted to splurge a little. How much farther our money went else where!!! The staff was nice enough, but the property is falling apart. Our ceiling was half unfinished, the shower had no water pressure, stains all throughout the carpet. The bed linens were wrinkled and not even comparable to the Microtel. What I found most appalling was the door frame that was literally decaying away, the partial wood was peeing off 7 inches up from the floor. I suggest anyone coming here run!!

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Naperville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

After reading the previous reviews I was very hesitant after puchasing a stay through Hotwire. I was pleasantly surprised however. Our room was clean, personel friendly and the price was right. We needed a quick place to stay while traveling to Asheville and it was a nice find. I would reccomend staying at this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Cincinnati
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Although many have written that this location is a bit worn and tired, we did not find it so. Bright and comfortable lobby, and the room, although basic, appeared modern and clean. My only complaint would be the the TV was a tube TV.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Park City, Utah
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Booked hotel with points as we were approaching the city on our way thru. I'm a Starwood/SPG member so I usually know what I'm getting when I book the various hotel classes within the SPG family. Someone at corporate must have forgot this place existed to do some quality control checks. Nice staff. Clean lobby. But coming off the 3rd floor elevator we were met with a glue chemical smell. The hallways looked very worn. Our room was so basic I was concerned someone must have stolen furniture out of it. The TV is not a flat screen which I didn't think any SPG hotels wouldn't have a flat screen! AC doesn't work. Called for repair and they wanted us to move....anyone traveling with a baby knows that is not as simple as it sounds at 10pm. The best thing going for this hotel is that its next door to a Cracker Barrel. When I check out tomorrow I hope the manager is in early to discuss.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

It appears from other reviews that things improved radically when we stayed overnight here. It was the best night's sleep I've ever had at a hotel. Staff was excellent. We requested a microwave and it was delivered to the room promptly. Although breakfast was not included, the buffet at the restaurant in the hotel was most excellent and reasonably priced. Would stay here again in a flash.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Lexington? Share your experiences!