“Don't bother looking for them they have closed” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Barbecue
Lexington
“Don't bother looking for them they have closed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

The food WAS good and the prices WERE reasonable, but a few months ago they closed down and a small café is now in it's place.

Visited June 2014

Lexington, Kentucky
“Just good BBQ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

Just simple, mouthwatering BBQ. Dry rubbed pulled pork, chicken and brisket and the sides are nice too.

Visited October 2013
Leesburg, Georgia
“Got it to go”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

To go service was fast and easy. The small pork sandwich came with a choice of side and pickle spear. Good sauces. Beans were average. Sandwich was small but had good flavor.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Kentucky
“Average Q....strange rules!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

My GF and I decided to try Butt Rubb BBQ over the July 4th holiday. After reviewing the menu we decided to order the 3 meat platter and share it. Since we both like pulled pork we decided to order 2 pulled pork servings and 1 Rib item for our 3 selections. Our waiter went away to prepare our meal and returned about 60 seconds later to inform us that we were not allowed to order 2 meat selections that were the same!!!!! The rules were that all 3 selections needed to be different!! WHAT??? Why would they care??? I asked why and our waiter said that he did not know...and that I needed to ask the someone. (Note....the owner/manager was standing next to our table talking to another customer the entire time I was asking about this...rule!?!?) Our waiter pointed to another gentleman and said I should ask him....so I did....and he indicated that it was the rule and he did not know why and that I should ask the manager. This was somewhat bizarre!! The owner manager never came to our table to discuss the rational for the....rule!! And frankly I never asked again. We received our platter with our 3 meat and 2 sides of greens and baked beans. The pulled pork was somewhat tasteless with very little smoke flavor, the burnt ends had decent smoke flavor but were excessively salty, the ribs were the best meat item....they had good flavor and were cooked well. The greens were not good at all....they were bitter and my GF suggested they were old. The baked beans were average....nothing special. Overall the dining experience was decent. Our server was responsive and attentive. The place was clean and well maintained. While I may have returned if I craved some Q and this place was close.... the "rule" that even the servers could not explain turned me off to this place!

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Lexington, Kentucky, United States
“Excellent BBQ Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

We tried Butt Rubb BBQ for the first time and we were VERY impressed. Started with fried pickles with their own white bbq sauce, which was excellent. Had their pulled pork and "pig wing" both of which were tender and tasty and were well complimented by their homemade bbq sauces. Everything is homemade (except french fries) and you can tell and taste the difference. We completed dinner by trying their deep fried banana pudding, which is a great treat...clever idea.

Would HIGHLY recommend this place and they have found a repeat customer for sure!

• Visited April 2013