“Fantastic service and setting” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Nick Ryan's Saloon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #53 of 757 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: W. Main St. & W. 2nd St.
Description: New restaurant in Lexington's Historic West Suburb. Come enjoy modern American cuisine, atmosphere and good people. 5-10 minute walk to Rupp Arena. Great place to enjoy dinner before the Cats play in Rupp!!!
Columbus, Ohio
“Fantastic service and setting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

I had heard a lot of good things about Nick Ryan's and I have to say I was not disappointed. My mom and I had dinner there and the setting was gorgeous. There is a ton of seating. I highly recommend sitting outside. I ordered my filet medium and I have to say it was a tad well done. My mom ordered the pork chop medium well and hers was a little on the rare side. Overall the food was very good especially the grits that came with the pork chop. Our server was fantastic though. He made sure our meal was nicely timed and that we had everything we needed.

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Edison, New Jersey
“Great food good craft beer”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Kentucky is known for bourbon and horses as everyone knows but if you are in Lexington this is a hidden gem. Beer aged in bourbon casks is very good, also tried the cougar beer a nice pale ale. The food was good service was spot on. Ryan's just outside of the city but worthe the trip.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Lexington, Kentucky
“Good Food Slow Service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

We hade been seated for ten minutes with no service, did I mention we were one of two tables occupied in the whole place? Finally I flagged down the hostess and we ordered drinks. It was 11:45 and when our waiter finally showed up he greeted us with "good evening." He also told us about this"evenings" special and asked if we were ready for our check this evening.,,. Foreshadowing how long it would take him to do anything.

The food was good, although my omelette was a little oily.

I will give them another try but will request a different waiter.

Omaha, Nebraska
“Beautiful patio, charming neighborhood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

I'm so glad I scrolled beyond the 1st page of restaurant recommendations for Lexington & stumbled upon Nick Ryan's! My husband & I were only in town for one night and needed a patio that would accommodate our dog traveling with us. The staff graciously obliged and even provided a water bowl. The local diners nearby were equally kind and friendly, spoiling him with back scratches and belly rubs. The menu was impressive with its variety and we really enjoyed our choices- crab cake dinner and a vegetable curry dish. What made the evening though was the beautiful setting on a summer evening. There seemed to be several options for an after dinner drink right on the same block, though we were too tired to indulge!

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Nice venue”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

Right off the heart of downtown, it was recommended by a local acquaintance. Nice location for a business lunch, and with a quality menu and drinks, I could see it being a nice evening spot. Service was excellent. Enjoyed the prime rib.

Visited June 2014