“Great ambiance” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Nick Ryan's Saloon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #52 of 771 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: W. Main St. & W. 2nd St.
Description: New restaurant in Lexington's Historic West Suburb. Come enjoy modern American cuisine, atmosphere and good people. 5-10 minute walk to Rupp Arena. Great place to enjoy dinner before the Cats play in Rupp!!!
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Great ambiance”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

We found this lovely bar and restaurant, great atmosphere. We had drinks at the bar, a great margarita and old fashioned, then some bar snacks- prawns with lettuce wraps were very good and the truffle fries too. I wish that we could have stayed for dinner, it looked very good.

Visited October 2013

“Very good in food and service and atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in Lexington for one week and tried for every lunch and dinner an other restaurant. This one I would visit again and also recommend to friends. Outdoor seating in the evening was good, food (onion soup and big salad) was above the average, service great. Summary: My personal #2 in Lexington.

Visited October 2013
Northborough, Massachusetts
“Great casual dining with indoor and outdoor seating and great service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Had a late diner at NR. The menu selections were varied and quite tempting. The food was very good and our server was excellent. I had the short ribs and my Wife had the Cobb Salad. Wine list was decent and the mint juleps were tasty.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Morehead, Kentucky
“Upscale Southern Cuisine in the heart of downtown”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

We eat in Lexington a lot but had never tried this place. I guess because it had the "Saloon" on the end of the name! Glad we did. Able to eat outside or inside and the food was delicious and very reasonably priced. White tablecloths outside dressed it up. Extensive wine list. We had a couple of the specials and then one person ordered Catfish which had an excellent crust. The other had a Hot Brown and said it was better than the Brown Hotel! The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars was the service was sporadic. (The removed the silverware but didn't replace it,etc).

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
United States
“Delicious Food, Great Service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

I've only been to Nick Ryan's a couple of times, and for some reason I secretly expected to be disappointed (probably due to all the hype). I was a little surprised at how pleasant my dining experience was. The food was great, the staff knowledgeable and friendly. The second time I was there I even had nice time in spite of having to sit in a strange spot - kind of a bar top table in a corner. (Unfortunately that's also where the health department inspection post was - and it wasn't a gold star sticker rating - so having that as our view the entire time we were eating was a little disconcerting.) Still, great experience both times. The menu might not be pages and pages, but I still found it to be filled with options and descriptions so enticing it was difficult to make a decision. I'll be going back a third, fourth, fifth time to take care of that.
This would be a great place for 25+ casual date night, or for an older college student to take his or her parents. It's fun but sophisticated, laid back but not a dive, neither cheap nor expensive, with food that's both interesting and comforting. Well done, and I wish it hadn't taken me so long to try this place.

• Visited June 2013