“EXCELLENT!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 65 hotels in Lexington
Spring Hill, TN
“EXCELLENT!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

We have stayed at this hotel multiple times and EVERY time was outstanding! Our recent stay this past April for Keeneland's Spring Meet was no exception. The location to Keeneland is super, the hotel is extremely clean and very well kept, the area surrounding the hotel is quite nice....but most importantly----the management, staff, and customer service at this Marriott property are OUTSTANDING!!!
We stay in a 2 bdrm with our 2 teenage kids and 2 dogs, while the in-laws stay in a one bedroom. The impeccably clean/thoughtfully laid out rooms provide ample space for all of us to comfortably visit on our twice a year trip to Keeneland. The breakfast buffet is one of the best we've had as Marriott reward members and the staff stocking the items could not be any more accommodating. The front desk staff at this property is exceptional. Look forward to being back in October for the Keeneland Fall Meet! Highly recommend!!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

151 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Prospect Heights,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

I stayed at The Residence Inn in April, 2014. It was about the 8th time I have stayed there. Like the previous times, I was very satisfied. The staff was very cordial and professional. The complimentary breakfast was outstanding. The food at the happy hour was pretty good most of the evenings. .

Room Tip: I stayed in the rear on the 1st floor. I brought a lot of clothes and accessories which were easy to...
Green Features: The manager Mike and his assistant Debra were very friendly. They both asked me if everything was okay. Also, I read the newspaper every day so the complimentary local paper and USA today saved me a trip to a convenience mart and saved me a few bucks every day.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Centennial, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We stayed here for a few nights and had a great time. Several good restaurants within walking distance and large sitting area in the lobby. The room was spacious and well laid out. Very full breakfast included. I would stay here again!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
TMIHospitality, Manager at Residence Inn Lexington Keeneland / Airport, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Dear Naples12,
Thank you for your review of the Residence Inn Lexington Keeneland/Airport. I am glad that we were able to add to your enjoyment during your visit to Lexington. We look forward to your next visit.

Regards,
Fairfax Station, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014 via mobile

This is my first stay at a Residence Inn since the 1990s. I was surprised by what I experienced.

This hotel is large, has lots of space for lobby gatherings. It has an outdoor patio that is well-appointed for gatherings in nice weather. It is decorated in rich and warm tones. The hotel is not new, but is maintained so well it looks new.

The best part was the breakfast concierge. Yes, I've given her an upgraded title. She was so nice. She greeted everyone upon arrival. She checked up on folks. Had pleasant conversations with guests and really enjoyed her interactions with the kids having breakfast. She also was attentive. They use real plates and cutlery. She clears used plates promptly and, in my case, noticed I had no spoon for my yogurt. I got up to retrieve one but she had beat me to it. She met me with a spoon. It was so nice to have a different hotel breakfast experience.

The breakfast offerings are huge. Waffles with chocolate chips and blueberry compote. Plus they have two waffle irons. Eggs, biscuits and gravy, sausage, bagels, toast, muffins, yogurts, cereals and more. For those of you who like cold caffeine they have a soda fountain with Pepsi, diet Pepsi, Sierra mist, and Mt. Dew.

The dining area is spacious, yet broken up to allow for a sense of some privacy.

The rooms are fantastic. We had a two bedroom suite with an additional queen sofa bed. You get a well-stocked kitchen with oven, stove, dishwasher, and refrigerator. Dining table for four. There are three HD TVs in the room. Each bedroom has its own full bathroom.

The beds are comfortable. Each room has its own door for additional privacy. Ample closet and drawer space. You could easily spend a week here. Great location in Lexington. Close to restaurants, shopping, Keeneland, the airport, and short drive to downtown. Having grown up here it is very convenient for visits.

A few complaints. The soundproofing wasn't a priority. Plenty of noise from the highway. Disturbed several times by people in the next room and above me. Footsteps were loud from upstairs guest. Ran the HVAC fan all night which helped a little. It is a drawback for an otherwise nicely constructed hotel. In addition, the bedside clock wasn't set to the local time. A pet peeve of mine and shows a lack of attention to detail.

My experience deserves another stay. If others are like this I may have found a new hotel for family vacations.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear Todd H,
Thank you for your critique of my hotel. I will be sure to let my staff know that they achieved their goal of being "Impression Makers" to our guests. We pride ourselves on our consistency, so hopefully during your next visit to Lexington you will again consider the Residence Inn Lexington Keeneland/Airport, as your "Home Away From Home".

Best regards,
Hampton, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

Hotel is new and modern looking, close to places to eat, felt like a safe location, hotel breakfast good, room was very clean, quiet, slept well, parking was easy, no complaints, would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Henderson, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

We had 12 family members stay here for the UK graduation on May 10th. What a beautiful hotel - clean, roomy suites, comfortable beds, full kitchen, convenient to UK, great staff and complete complimentary breakfast. The staff accommodated us by putting us all on the same floor. We were pleasantly surprised at how friendly all staff was from guest services, to the front desk, to the kitchen servers! When we asked for help in taking our family picture, they immediately had two staff members help us move a table/chairs and take the photo. How great is that?! We absolutely loved this hotel and will definitely be back when in the area. We could not have asked for more! Great job Marriott!

Dear Kentucky101,
Thank you for your review and for the wonderful comments concerning my staff and the building in general. I am also glad that we were able to help you and your family enjoy Graduation weekend. I will be sure to let my staff know that their hard work and the pride they take in the Residence Inn Lexington Keeneland/Airport does not go unnoticed by our guests. Please allow us to host you on your next trip to the area.

Chicago, Illinois, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

The hotel is conveniently located to several attractions, the airport and several restaurants. The staff was nice overall and their included breakfast offering is very good. The hotel is nicely decorated and the rooms are inviting. Great hotel if you need a full kitchen as one of your requirements. The indoor pool is a great attraction with a very comfortable water temperature.

As a frequent traveler, the room was not very comfortable because of uneven air circulation, so you were either freezing or warm (it may have been just the layout of the room). Moreover, for those who bring a lot of electronic gadgets, there is a limit of connecting only up to 2 devices on their enhanced high speed wifi service (but your other devices can connect via their regular wifi access). Choose your two high speed devices carefully, otherwise you have to call their technical support to disconnect your devices (even though they may be disconnected or powered-off) to remove them from the enhanced wifi service.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
TMIHospitality, Manager at Residence Inn Lexington Keeneland / Airport, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Dear Stan D,
Thank you for taking the time to review the Residence Inn Lexington Keeneland Airport. I'm so glad to hear that you found our location to be convenient, our staff friendly and our complimentary breakfast very good. Please accept my apologies for the troubles you experienced with our Wi-Fi. I appreciate you bringing these to my attention and I will check to see if anything can be done. I hope that if you are back in the area, you will allow us to host you again.

Mike T.

Been to Residence Inn Lexington Keeneland / Airport? Share your experiences!