“Wonderful stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 64 Hotels in Lexington
Vicksburg, MS
“Wonderful stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights with my 9yr old son.

We drove 12 hours before checking in and I called about an hour away and inquired about checking in early. The front desk was very kind and blocked off my room so we were able to check in as soon as we got to town. This was 3 hours before actual check in time.

The property is very nice. Spent time at the pool and hot tub. I was very impressed that they had a machine next to the pool that was for helping the handicapped into the water. I've never seen that at a hotel before so that was neat.

Breakfast was free and they had a lot of varieties every day. They also provided to-go boxes which was very convenient.

Overall I am very pleased with this hotel. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed June 2013
Mike T, General Manager at Residence Inn Lexington Keeneland / Airport, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thank you for your review of my Hotel. I know that traveling is tiring and am glad that my staff was able to accommodate you with your early check-in. It is little things like this that can make a difference in a persons stay, and it shows that they proved that they are truly "Impression Makers". Hopefully we will be able to serve your hospitality needs in the future.

Mike Tinker

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Hobe Sound, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

My husband and I arrived here on a lovely early summer day just after storms came through and cleared the lovely Kentucky air. All I read about this property was correct from initial appearances: clean, modern, and even acceptable customer service at checkin (although both reps were self-admittedly new and unfamiliar with all the details of various room options). There began the big letdown. One-bedroom was booked, nothing other than first floor available although as Marriott Elite member had request highest available floor. Graciously they tried to upgrade to a 2-bedroom, oops - nothing that would work there either, so finally accepted a studio. Room had not-so-faint smell of old cigar smoke so went to open window....another big OOPS - I book Marriott Courtyard and Residence properties regularly mainly because I can open windows. Not here, not in any kind of room. And not at the Courtyard next door (I would have moved) - all windows are hermetically sealed to allow NO fresh air into the rooms. Called for a luggage rack, since none was visible in the room - OOPS, no luggage racks at the property. Note to management: don't get annoyed when your guests plop their bags on the bed and furniture and beat them up! So, now we're spending the night in a room with our suitcases taking up half the free space in the room (since we're not going to unpack for a one-night stay; we get to breath stale-smoke air in all night; and since the walls and floors seem to have been built with minimal soundproofing - we'll get to hear our neighbors tromping around during that time. I sure won't stay at this property ever again, and now I'll have to more carefully monitor Marriott properties for operating windows.

Room Tip: Don't choose ANY room here if you want to breath fresh air. You'll be stuck with air conditi...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
I would like to apologize for the unpleasant stay that you had during your visit to my Hotel. Being an extended stay hotel that runs high occupancy, sometimes we are limited as to what rooms are available on each floor. I would also like to apologize for the unpleasant odor in your room. I have spoken with the housekeeping staff concerning this issue.
When this Hotel was built 3 years ago there was not an option to have windows that open. This is done as a security measure. I do understand that this does away with getting fresh air into rooms, but it is totally out of our control. I know that you won't be staying here in the future, but I will be purchasing 5,000 Marriott points for you as a thank you for being a loyal Marriott customer.

Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

This place is fantastic! Room includes breakfast AND dinner Monday thru Thursday. Front desk called to see if everything was alright about the room after giving us time to put our stuff down and look around. Super close to shopping and food and the airport. Love it!

• Stayed June 2013
Mike T, General Manager at Residence Inn Lexington Keeneland / Airport, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review of the Residence Inn Keeneland/Airport. I am very proud of the job that my staff does in providing excellent customer service, and it's reviews like yours that lets me know we are succeeding in reaching our goal as "Impression Makers". Hopefully we will get a chance to provide for your hospitality needs in the future.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Spent two nights here on a family vacation. Pool and hot tub is perfect, beds are comfortable, and staff was great.

The area around it has several restaurants. You're near Circle Rd which will take you to a lot of Lexington quick. But far enough away to not have to listen to cars all night.

Only downside was not much beyond the breakfast in the way of food in the hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
I took great pleasure in reading your review and knowing that we helped make your family vacation enjoyable and relaxing. My staff and I take great pride in our customer service and it is comments like yours that lets me know that we are doing our job. I look forward to your families next visit to Lexington.

Canton, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Very close to the horse park, family friendly, affordable and ALWAYS clean! We have stayed at this hotel many times and are NEVER disappointed. We love the horse park and highly recommend it if you are in Lexington for any amount of time. It is a beautiful place to spend the day exploring.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of my Hotel. Your continued patronage tells me that my staff has succeeded in our goal of being "Impression Makers". I look forward to your next visit.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

Missed my flight so I was stranded at the airport. I called this hotel and the person I spoke with was very nice and told me she would send the shuttle ASAP. With 10 minutes the shuttle arrived just to pick me up. The driver knew my name already and was a very friendly sociable driver. Had a great conversation on the 10 minute drive. He recommended some restaurants around the city as well as have some advice for the time I should take off for the airport the next day. As soon as I walked into the hotel I was greeted by the same lady that I had spoke on the phone with. She was also very friendly and booked me an outstanding homey feeling room. Not only did she give me a great room. She dropped the price about $30 from the original price. As soon as I walked into the room I was impressed by the decor and style of the room. I can see why they call this the number one hotel in Lexington. If I'm ever back in Lexington I will not hesitate to book myself a room here.

• Stayed May 2013
Mike T, General Manager at Residence Inn Lexington Keeneland / Airport, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Having been a frequent traveler, I know the feeling of being stranded at the airport. I am pleased that you had such a fine experience with the entire staff from beginning to end. I feel that we have a superior staff that excels in customer service, and the feedback about your stay confirms that I am not wrong. I also want to thank you for your comments concerning the Hotel itself. Hopefully you will be able to stay again in the future, but under better circumstances.

Owensboro, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

This property is very convenient to the whole southside of Lexington including Keeneland and Fayette Mall. It's also not a bad trip into UK or downtown. It's either pretty new or very well maintainted since there's no wear or grime to be found. Indoor pool w/hot tub and the outdoor gas firepit were nice ameneties. Staff is very helpful. We were there for a family gathering and they upgraded the room of one of our party just so they could be closer to us. Breakfast was good but the staff was overwhelmed by a full house during Keeneland. This was a great place for a family gathering but if I had to be in Lexington for several days I really would not mind staying here. Liquor Barn and Krogers in the same center as the hotel and walking distance to about 6 other restaurants.

Room Tip: Front side rooms will be the quietest, but we faced New Circle Road and I was never bothered by traf...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for you review of the Residence Inn Lexington Keeneland/Airport. I am happy that we were able to help you enjoy your family gathering. My staff takes pride in their ability to be "Impression Makers", and it is comments like yours that shows me that we are succeeding in making a difference in our guests vists with us.

Mike Tinker

Been to Residence Inn Lexington Keeneland / Airport? Share your experiences!