“The nightly rate's cheap because the staff sexually harrasses you&the rooms are nasty.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Day's Motor Lodge

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lexington
Day's Motor Lodge
You added Day's Motor Lodge to your Saves list
1500 Versailles Rd, Lexington, KY 40504   |
Ranked #58 of 67 Hotels in Lexington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2011 via mobile

We were having rennovations done to our house and needed an inexpensive place to stay temporarily.We chose Day's for the price.The older man,Mohammed,was extremely friendly,asking several personal questions(children?job?married?),and escorted me&my husband to the room to show us the "amenities". The toilet was uneven,and rocked back&forth when you sat on it. The hot/cold on the shower was backwards,took RIDICULOUSLY long to heat up&went from cold to scalding with no in between,the room reeked of urine,the tv had no remote,small bugs both living&dead DOMINATED the underside of the mattress,there were exposed wires along the baseboards,and all of these issues were the LEAST of our concerns. We reported all of the problems&said we were leaving,requesting a refund. Their was a girl at the counter at that point, who gave us a refund and offered to have us change rooms and stay for free that night. The 2nd room was sanitary- nothing fancy- but clean. Tired & frustrated, we decided to crash for the night. The next m

• Stayed May 2011

Families
Solo
Business
ky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2011

The first thing we did upon entering the room was turning on the heater. Within a couple of minutes the room filled with a horrible stinch. It smelled to me like dirty feet or something dead. As we got to inspecting the room we found that the toilet appeared to be very nasty. We then lifted up the mattress to look for bed bugs and found very small bugs crawling around and some dead ones. After less then 10 minutes of being in the room we decided we did not want to stay. I went to the office to ask for a refund. The older gentlemen was very polite and took my credit card to reimburse it. Then another gentlemen walked out and asked what was going on and we explained to him that we did not want the room. He was very rude to me and said that there was no refunds. I then told him that we was only in there for less then 10 minutes and I should be entitled to a full refund and again he was very rude to me. He pointed to a sign on the wall that stated no refunds. I asked him if I was just screwed out of 40 bucks and he said yes, you are screwed out of 40 bucks. I admit that I did cuss at the man for the way I was being treated. It was uncalled for. My boyfriend then went in to talk to him and the man reached under the counter like he was going after a gun and threatened to call the police. We left.
I do not recommened anyone staying there not only because it was dirty but the manager was very rude. I have contacted the better business bureau and the Lexington Health Department.
I also asked around and was told that the manager has been very rude in the past to several people!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Day's Motor Lodge? Share your experiences!