“Clean and Convienient” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 65 hotels in Lexington
Burlington, Kentucky
“Clean and Convienient”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

A nice new Fairfield Inn conveniently located just off the i-75 / Circle 4 bypass exit. Comfortable and clean. The suite rooms with small sitting area and extra tv were nice. Cracker Barrel is literally 25 steps out the front door if you’re not moved by the complimentary continental breakfast assortment which was ok and certainly convenient. take a trip to Malone’s steakhouse which is about 15-20 mins away by car. It was excellent.

Room Tip: Get the suite with the siting area and extra tv
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Brian Z, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Lexington North, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Thank you for taking a moment to review that Fairfield Inn Lexington North. We are excited to now offer a complimentary hot breakfast each morning. I hope to have you stay with us upon your next visit to Lexington.

134 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Orillia, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

We left Windsor, Ontario around 9 a.m. on Wednesday, August 29 and arrived in Lexington, KY tired and hungry. After driving all day, I always look forward to a good meal and exercise in a pool. Rather than asking to check out the pool myself, I asked the young lady at the desk if the indoor pool was warm. She smiled and said that it was quite warm - almost like bath water! I took her at her word and we checked in. We also asked her about a good restaurant - we did not want fast food. She recommended dinner at another Marriott location about 5 minutes away; service was impeccable, the meal was delicious. After dinner we returned to the hotel, got changed and went down to the pool - it was ice cold! Lap swimmers like a water temperature around 78 but this was barely that. I didn't go in any further than my knees and before returning to my room, I went to the desk and told the young lady how disappointed I was with the temperature. She said that no one else had complained!!! The next morning when I was asked about my stay, I again mentioned that the water in the pool was extremely cold. I was then told it was 85 and I should have checked out the thermometer in the pool. I said no one told me about a thermometer, but maybe someone should then check on regulating the air temperature in the pool area. I taught water aerobics at an international fitness company in suburban Chicago for a number of years and I believe I have good judgment when it comes to issues concerning pool maintenance/water temperature, etc.

Too bad the young lady didn't suggest I should check it out myself - in fact, on my return trip to Canada (this time, September 5) when I stopped in Lexington, KY, I checked out the Hilton Garden Inn, 193 Plaudit Place, and the young lady at the desk personally walked me down to the pool so I could check out the water temperature for myself. It was wonderful!!! We had a great meal not far from the hotel and enjoyed a pleasant, comfortable 45 minutes in the pool!

When we drive through Lexington, KY again on 75, I know where we will stay. Want a heated indoor pool? Try the Hilton Garden Inn!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Good location, good property, consistent with Marriott hotels....clean, good location, comfortable bed, easy to get to and from near the highway, good area. The morning breakfast set up is way above average and definitely a great inclusion in the rate you pay! People were friendly, and it was a pleasant experience. I would certainly recommend this hotel

Room Tip: The rooms rate was a little on the high side, but its a really good location and hotel property
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

We stayed at this hotel during BreyerFest and was very pleased with our experience. The room was clean. The mattress was very comfortable and I slept well. The continental breakfast provided a variety of foods that included oatmeal, boiled eggs, waffles, bagels, english muffins, cereal and fruit. I do wish they would have coffee available 24 hrs. The pool is small, but we didn't have time to use it anyway. There is a business area with 2 computers which was convenient for us. The hotel has a Cracker Barrel, McDonald's, and Subway, right beside it and it is close to the Kentucky Horse Park. Overall, our experience was good and I would stay again. I will say that I am very picky about the cleanliness of a hotel and have a great fear of bed bugs and roaches, but I felt comfortable staying here.

Gardner, KS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

My family & I spent the week here during the Kentucky Bluegrass Morgan Classic held at the Kentucky Horse park and it was such a nice experience. The room was comfortable & quiet. Even though it was over 100 degrees outside, the room temperature was PERFECT and we like it pretty cool. Our wireless internet worked great and had a strong connection. The breakfast was very good. Lots of choices: waffles, breakfast burritos, sausage biscuits, cereal, fruit, yogurt, pastries, etc. One morning the breakfast area was literally invaded by the army. A troop spent the night there and was getting breakfast just as we arrived. The hotel employee in charge was right on top of things and kept the area stocked & clean. Hats off to her for a great job! The whole staff was friendly & accommodating. Overall, it was a great experience and I would recommend this hotel to my friends.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

On a recent sporting trip to Lexington, our group booked rooms at this hotel. The hotel was clean and modern. The breakfast had a good variety of foods from fruits, to oatmeal to heat and serve sandwiches. The pool was located indoors and was a little on the small side. They had seating in the back of the hotel for you to sit outside. The staff was friendly and answered any questions I had. The location was right off I-64 and had several restaurants within walking distance including a Crakcer Barrel, Waffle House, Subway and McDonalds. Also, a gas station/convenience store was close by. The only major complaint I had was the size of our room. We booked a king size room and it was SUPER small. You barely had enough room to walk around the bed and was definately one of the smallest rooms I have ever stayed in. I would recommend paying extra for a bigger room if you have more than 1-2 people in your group. Also, the bed in the room was firm. Lastly, the cleaning staff did adequately clean our room, but failed to replenish needed toiletries, such as TP, of which we ran out. Overall, I would recommend staying at this location.

Silver Spring, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

I stopped at the Fairfield Inn & Suites for just an overnight while traveling through Kentucky and had a nice stay and good night's sleep. While I wasn't particularly "wowed" but the experience, the hotel met most of my expectation. The front desk attendant was friendly and greeted me when I entered, the room was clean, parking was convenient, and there was free WiFi. I thought the breakfast could have had a better selection for vegetarians given that both types of breakfast sandwich had meat on them. I didn't spent a long time there, so I can't say much about the other facilities, but for what I was looking for, this Fairfield Inn & Suites was great.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Lexington North? Share your experiences!