“Hospital visit” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #36 of 64 Hotels in Lexington
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Hospital visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

We stayed several nights there while my grandfather was in UK hospital. Although we were just wanting a place to shower and sleep this place was far more.
The beds are incredible and not because I had slept on a cot at the hospital. These beds were some of the best beds I have ever slept on. The linens are crisp clean and all white. I love that they put solid white duvet covers over their alternative down comforter. I wish I would of had time to really enjoy this place more. It is awesome! The breakfast is great. If your going back and forth to the hospital it is well worth the price. The hospital shuttle will take you back and forth if you are not able to walk the 2 blocks. I was so tired I had to use the shuttle. Just call the front desk and they will call for you. It is across the street from the emergency entrance. The free breakfast would cost you $15 to $20 dollars at the hospital cafeteria. The price was more than we were prepared for but it was worth every penny.
The staff is very accommodating in every way, especially when helping you work around the hospital schedule. The rooms stay very booked so feel privileged if they have availabity. The cost is that of a five star resort and worth every cent.

Room Tip: If you want easy access to breakfast stay in the main building. If you want peace and quiet even to...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Ewing, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

While staying with family member. We stayed at University Inn.Our stay was very nice across street from hospital, continental breakfast good, and shuttle service to and from hospital. Staff very helpful. We would stay there again if needed.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Williamsburg, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

I have stayed here multiple times and have had no problems. The rooms are nice and clean and the staff are friendly. The location is perfect for UK events or if one needs place to stay near the hospital. I would definitely recommend that you stay here when you visit Lexington.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Knoxville, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

Paid $130 for a $75 value.

Rooms were Days Inn quality and located across from some off campus party houses. We heard trains and sirens often. I learned the next morning that the hospital was in sight.

There are much better places to stay near the UK campus.

Stayed April 2014
Somerset, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

We had a room there for nine weeks while my Dad was in the ICU at UK. They were always very helpful. They kept our room clean even though we were not there but on the weekends. They knew us by first name when we would check in. When My dad did pass away they sent my family a sympathy Card. I never expected it, but it was so appreciated. I would stay there again and would recommend it to anyone. It is not FANCY but I was not there for Fancy I was there for my Dad and Mom..

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Murray, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

Love this hotel! I was a bit afraid of what we would find after reading the reviews. But I couldn't pass on the convenient location to the UK campus for the event we are in town for. Yes, I paid a high price, but I love this place! It's not a Marriot or Hilton, but it's just right for our three night stay. Breakfast was fine, our room was neat and clean, and all staff members were very hospitable. Despite being fully booked all three nights, the hotel was quiet. All kinds of fun food options within a couple miles. Refrigerator and microwave in the room made it possible to keep leftovers. Definitely will return!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for one night with a 76.00 rate from Hotwire. I wouldn't pay any more than that for this hotel. While it is convenient to the hospital and campus, there are nearby hotels that are much nicer. In addition to the sirens, you can clearly hear the train and this hotel backs up to the college party houses on University which even in the winter with doors and windows closed can get loud. The rooms are clean but dated. Plumbing problems seem to be the norm according to the desk clerk. The carpets in the hallways are stained and worn. This place could really use a decor update throughout. I gave this stars because "poor" seemed to harsh, but is was "average" at best.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Been to University Inn Hotel? Share your experiences!