“Bill” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #36 of 64 Hotels in Lexington
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Bill”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

Paid $130 for a $75 value.

Rooms were Days Inn quality and located across from some off campus party houses. We heard trains and sirens often. I learned the next morning that the hospital was in sight.

There are much better places to stay near the UK campus.

Stayed April 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Somerset, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

We had a room there for nine weeks while my Dad was in the ICU at UK. They were always very helpful. They kept our room clean even though we were not there but on the weekends. They knew us by first name when we would check in. When My dad did pass away they sent my family a sympathy Card. I never expected it, but it was so appreciated. I would stay there again and would recommend it to anyone. It is not FANCY but I was not there for Fancy I was there for my Dad and Mom..

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Murray, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

Love this hotel! I was a bit afraid of what we would find after reading the reviews. But I couldn't pass on the convenient location to the UK campus for the event we are in town for. Yes, I paid a high price, but I love this place! It's not a Marriot or Hilton, but it's just right for our three night stay. Breakfast was fine, our room was neat and clean, and all staff members were very hospitable. Despite being fully booked all three nights, the hotel was quiet. All kinds of fun food options within a couple miles. Refrigerator and microwave in the room made it possible to keep leftovers. Definitely will return!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for one night with a 76.00 rate from Hotwire. I wouldn't pay any more than that for this hotel. While it is convenient to the hospital and campus, there are nearby hotels that are much nicer. In addition to the sirens, you can clearly hear the train and this hotel backs up to the college party houses on University which even in the winter with doors and windows closed can get loud. The rooms are clean but dated. Plumbing problems seem to be the norm according to the desk clerk. The carpets in the hallways are stained and worn. This place could really use a decor update throughout. I gave this stars because "poor" seemed to harsh, but is was "average" at best.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

We stayed here before surgery at Central Baptist. It is close by. The place is adequate. Rooms are small. There are two buildings. I think we got in the bad building. THE PLACE REEKS OF SMOKE. I am wheezing this morning from the smoke. We tried two rooms. Same smell. This place is not owned by Central Baptist but the hospital has a contract with them for people who live a distance away.

Stayed March 2014
UniversityInnHotel, Owner at University Inn Hotel, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
All of our rooms are non smoking and there is a 200.00 charge if caught smoking but at times some people do not provide a credit card because they say they do not have one and pay with cash. We use ozone machines to take the smell out of rooms. If people would respect my property and others and not smoke we would not have these issues.
Independence, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

My mother and I stayed here free of charge because we live an hour away and she was scheduled for a medical procedure the next morning. It was very clean. The beds were comfortable. Don't count on the free breakfast to fill you up. Very limited selection. But it was very nice for the Dr to be able to use these rooms for patients

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

What this hotel lacks in frills, it makes up with its location. It is within walking distance of the UK Hospitals, Commonwealth Stadium and the Kerwin-Blanding complex.

We have stayed at this hotel six times since August, 2013. There are actually two separate three story buildings that make up this complex. We have always stayed in the main building. The rooms are good size and many are adjoining. The beds are comfortable and we have always found the hotel very clean.

The rooms have older style tv's with an adequate cable selection. There is also free internet service that works well. The door key system has been upgraded since our last stay to a key card system.

The bathrooms are adequate with a tub/shower, lower, small style toilets and a sink. Outside the bathroom is a make up area with mirror and outlets. Shampoo and soap are provided. Each room also has a small refrigerator.

A continental breakfast is offered daily featuring juices, fruit, cereal, bread, bagels and pastries.

Depending upon the time of year and UK events, rates have ranged from $105-$140/night.

• Stayed February 2014

Been to University Inn Hotel? Share your experiences!