“Painful sleep” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Ocala
“Painful sleep”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

What a beautiful hotel. Everything was perfect except the beds. This was our second time at this particular hotel. The first wasn't good for my husband; mattress was just too soft. If not for the "suite" and being able to sorta sleep on the sofa we would have had to go somewhere else. We tried it again this year and it was worse. Last year we got a king bed so this year we got queens, BOTH were awful. Maintenance did bring a board for under one of the beds and that helped. Unfortunately we won't be going there again. Nothing can make up for a bad night's sleep.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
eslex, Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Lexington, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear Patricia D.,

Thank you for the time taken to write about your experience.

I am sincerely sorry that you did not enjoy our beds and could not get a good night of sleep. The beds we use are a standard Embassy Suites issue and unfortunately we all prefer a different of stiffness for our beds. Based on the review, I am happy that everything else at our hotel was acceptable, but I fully respect your decision to choose a different hotel to try a different type of mattress.

I am certainly available for any requests or further comments at jan.vanco@eslexington.com.

341 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Claremont, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We were there Dec, 2011
We were in town for a basketball tournament so that is our reason for this hotel choice. It was a standard ES nice size rooms and all the ES extras Complimentary afternoon drinks and breakfast. For that alone it was a good choice. The prices closer to downtown were crazy expensive because of the tournament, so this was definitely a better option it was only a quick 20 min drive to downtown Lexington.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
eslex, Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Lexington, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Dear Tedandlisa90,

Thank you for the time taken to review our hotel and thank you for making our Embassy Suites home away from home. It was our pleasure to serve you while in town and I am happy that you were satisfied with your experience.

As you certainly are a very frequent reviewer of hotels I would love to hear some more feedback on what we could have done better to earn the 5 star rating. Please contact me directly at jan.vanco@eslexington.com.

Once again thank you for choosing our Embassy Suites and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Clean, comfortable and affordable. Easy access to Interstate 75 and a very pleasant night's rest. This hotel is a splendid target for travelers on their annual winter escape to Florida. It's a beautiful hotel.

The staff is friendly, polite and helpful. We felt more like guests in someone's home than a hotel.

I try not to use the word "awesome" when describing an event or item, but our experience was just that. Awesome!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
eslex, Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Lexington, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Dear Cha2013,

Thank you for the time taken to review our hotel. I am very happy that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay at our Embassy Suites and we certainly hope to welcome you back again soon.

Napoleonville, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

We have stayed here several times while visiting family and have always had a good experience. The facilities are very nice, and the staff is outstanding, very friendly and attentive. We will definitely continue to stay here.

Room Tip: Ask for a room toward the front side. The hotel is an atrium, so it's a long walk to the rooms...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
eslex, Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Lexington, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
Dear Peachy M,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. I am very pleased that once again you were able to enjoy our hospitality.We appreciate you selecting our Embassy Suites as your hotel of choice when you are in the area and we are looking forward to welcoming you back hopefully soon.

Jacksonville, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

We stayed at this hotel last winter for New Years with our grandchildren, and decided it was the best spot again this year. This hotel is several cuts above the "standard" ES design, including an beautiful setting on the University of Kentucky's Coldstream Farm. It is a little remote in that there is nothing but exercise in walking distance, but it is very convenient to drive into Lexington, or jump on I-75/I-64. Excellent shopping is about 10 minutes away at Hamburg Place. Downtown is about 10 minutes in light traffic. Lexmark is about 2 minutes away.

This time we used room service extensively, as it was bitter cold and windy outside. We found the selection to adequate, with some excellent values for the kids ($5 pretty much covers it for them). We experimented with a few dishes that were all nicely done. The runaway favorites were the dessert menu tho. Bourbon bread pudding and an amazing Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Egg Roll with vanilla ice cream.

The managers reception was good, again a little above average from the normal ES offerings. With a creative chef like that in the kitchen, I would hope that they would come up with a unique add to the reception offering... to tempt us to eat in house.

Breakfast was as we remembered it, with an excellent selection, and VERY popular with the guests (read - go early to avoid long lines). Our first night, a Friday, found the hotel nearly empty. On Saturday there was a Kentucky basketball game, and the place seemed very busy. There were long lines both for breakfast, and the reception. The food was excellent, but the wait was annoying. Sat AM I punted and grabbed some bagels and went back to the room instead of waiting.

Staff - We had multiple encounters with staff, and every one was again well above the norm. We are used to excellent service at ES, but this team was *exceptional* at every turn. We added an extra room via the internet less than 24 hours from our arrival. I called to confirm, and not only was it handled, but our location request/bed request/floor request were all already handled (Thanks Ryan). We had minor problems with the shower that were repaired within minutes of the request. My daughter reported that her contact with the manager "Jon?" was first class. We observed at one point that a young man was flying a radio controlled helicopter in the lobby. His father was watching carefully, and there were quite a few guests watching from around the balconies. A 'normal' manager might have immediately freaked out and told them to shut it down. Jon observed, watched for risk, and made an excellent judgement (in my opinion) and let it continue. There was no risk to other guests, and it was Christmas. Well done.

There were others, and I was remiss in getting everyone's name. I do remember Lisa, who was imminently patient with multiple trips on behalf of my grand kids with their meals. Everything arrived hot and fresh. She offered to put the ice cream in the freezer for us. There was a housekeeper who came several times to keep our large group in fresh towels. Housekeeping also had our rooms spotless on arrival.

Misses? I think some bell service is in order at a hotel as nice as this. There were a few luggage carts, but it was a challenge to find one near checkout on Sunday. The indoor pool was too cold for our taste. My wife notes that there is no wipe up cloth provided for the kitchen area, so bath towels end up getting used. Some paper towels would be nice. Suggestion? A basketball package that includes a shuttle from the hotel.

All and all, I still rate this location as the best of the 10 or so ES I've stayed at in the last 2 years. It's unusual location I'm sure presents challenges on keeping the rooms full. They have an aggressive marketing plan for weddings, as the setting is excellent, both inside and out. I'm sure they get a decent amount of conference business as well. If they keep up the charm and excellent service, I'm sure it will remain as our 'go-to' Lexington home.

Room Tip: The second floor has direct access to the pool (without having to troop through the elevator in suit...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
eslex, Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Lexington, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Dear zjxtinpusher,

Greetings from Lexington and thank you for your extremely thorough review of your stay at our hotel.

I am very pleased that you have returned to our hotel and that once again we provided products and services that made your stay a positive one. Such thorough reviews serve as a great training tool for us to see where we perform well and in what areas we should improve in. We certainly appreciate the suggestions that you made and all of these will be considered in the near future.

Once again thank you for choosing our Embassy Suites for you stay in Lexington and we are looking forward to welcoming you back again soon. If I can be of any service in the mean time, please contact me directly at jan.vanco@eslexington.com.

WIshing you and your loved ones a Happy New Year.

Gainesville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

An outstanding facility in the heart of the Bluegrass. As always, an excellent breakfast with E.S.
The evening reception was a welcome after long walks at UK. The hotel is very conveniently located on the east side of Lexington, adjacent to a major North/South Interstate.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
eslex, Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Lexington, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
Dear BrownW157,

Thank you for the time taken to review our hotel. We truly appreciate you choosing our hotel for your stay in Lexington and I am happy you were satisfied with your stay here.

From all of us here at the Embassy Suites we hope that you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and we hope we get another opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

At your Service,

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

If you have stayed at an Embassy Suites they look pretty much the same: the rooms are identical anywhere you go. It has more of an apartment feel than a typical hotel room. You get a kitchen, large living room and comfy bedroom with a cozy bed and a desk to work at. I paid a reduced price but in anycase I wouldnt call this hotel cheap. If you like the idea of a suite then it may be worth the extra money. Rooms are super quiet and privacy is assured.

The location is a bit out of the way so if you don't rent a car very few things are in walking distance. People stay here mostly because they are at a conference. There is a Denny's across the street. A bus stops in front of the hotel surprisingly frequently and it only costs a dollar. You can take a cab downtown for a reasonable rate (about 15 dollars) and there is plenty of action with college bars and a lively friendly atmosphere. Try SkyBar for a dance club atmosphere on the top floor of a downtown tower. There are also plenty of other bars around that area and cover is cheap 0-10 dollars.

Breakfast was good and you could ask for anything you liked. The chef was very friendly and the omelettes were great.

The staff of the hotel was generally nice and accommodating except one totally incompetent male who had no business working there. He knew nothing, did not even bother trying to help and was annoyed that you expected him to provide any kind of assistance. It’s rare to find such shocking incompetence in North American at a hotel of this level. This is the only reason I cannot give the property 5 stars.

If you want to do some tours I strongly suggest the Horse Museum. It is minutes away by car or you can take a cab like I did through the spectacular area. I found the museum even better than the horse farm tours since you get to see famous horses, shows and gorgeous scenery. The museum is really a farm. If you want to do a horse farm tour as well, go with Heritage tours. They get a high rating on this site and I was not disappointed. Most of the tours will pick you up at the hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
eslex, Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Lexington, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Dear Wanderingyahud,

Thank you very much for the review of our property. Your contributions to the website are much appreciated and we were pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel in Lexington.

Only concerning thing we read was regarding an associate who stood out to you in a negative way. I would really appreciate if you could contact me directly at jan.vanco@eslexington.com to give me more details about your interaction and the issues you have experienced with this associate. We pride ourselves in providing the best service possible and we absolutely look for ways to improve our performance.

Once again thank you for the review and for choosing Embassy Suites Lexington for your stay here.

Assistant General Manager

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Lexington? Share your experiences!