“No thrills, but good place” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 68 Hotels in Lexington
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersSilver level
Chicago, Illinois
“No thrills, but good place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

Spent four days here, it is your basic Embassy Suites, no thrills. This place is big, but clean and spaces.

All up to date equipment;; ie: tv, wireless internet. GREAT beds

Staff could be a little more friendlier.

Down town Lexington is 10 mins away, Kentucky horse park is 4 mins away.

Breakfast was always good and plentiful.

Rates could be a little better.

Overall, it a good place, I will be staying there again

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
eslex, Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Lexington, responded to this review, May 10, 2012
Dear tcmeagher,

thank you for the time taken to review your stay at our property.

I am very happy you have enjoyed your stay at our hotel and I sincerely hope we will get to welcome you at the Embassy again soon. As we strive to provide excellent service at all times, I am a little concern about your comment about our staff. I would appreciate if you could email me directly at jan.vanco@eslexington.com to give me couple more details.

Once again thank you for your review and for choosing our hotel during your stay in Lexington.

At your service

Jan Vanco

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

Very slow check-in, first room key did not work, restaurant was very understaffed. Dinner food was not good. The chicken Marsala swam in oil and sat on mashed potatoes. I asked the lady behind the desk if they had an extra computer charger, and she glared at me in disdain. They would not even look in their lost and found closet for me. This hote's location is a bit removed from everything.

On the good side: Room was clean, business center was sufficient, and welcome package in my room was a nice gesture.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Dear Mwright4,

Thank you for the time taken to review your stay at our hotel.

I am saddened we have not lived up to your expectations and please accept my sincere apologies. All issues have been addressed based on your review and we appreciate your feedback for giving us a chance to improve. We strive to make every guest's experience a special one and we have obviously fallen short.

In case you will be returning to our area please contact me directly at jan.vanco@eslexington.com so I can ensure we will take care of you during your stay in the appropriate way. I am also available for any further questions or comments.

Once again thank you for staying with us and for the time taken to review your stay.

At your Service,

Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012 via mobile

Our family of three stayed here for four nights. The hotel is comfortable and well located for daily trips to the horse park. Clean suites , nothing very fancy, but fine and comfortable. Breakfast buffet is great. Never took advantage of evening snacks but they seemed well attended. Restaurant is pretty good for mid range hotel fare. Parking is free and pool etc are nice. Works well for this kind of trip. Great friendly staff who are happy to help.

Stayed April 2012
Belleville, Michigan, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

My husband and I were travelling with our 5 month old and needed a quick night's rest in Lexington before we continued on our venture home. We called the Embassy Suites to see if they had a vacancy and they told us the room price for a king size bed was $239 plus tax. We felt that this was extremely high but the other hotels around were all booked so we figured we'd just go here since the place must be very nice for that price. Sadly, when we got into our room, it did not meet our expectations. Very old, stains on the ceiling and cracks in the wallpaper. The room smelled like it had once been a smoking room as well. There was dirt in the corners of the room on the floor and the shower had mold in it. Overall, a big disappointment, especially when we saw the $279 bill the next day. Definitely a huge waste of money. We will not be back.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
eslex, Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Lexington, responded to this review, May 2, 2012
Dear Sarah B.,

Thank you for the time taken to write a review about our hotel, even though your experience was not as pleasant as we wish to provide to every guest. I sincerely apologize for the poor experience.

We strive to keep our rooms in good shape at all times and I would certainly appreciate if you could contact me directly to give me information about which room you stayed in, so we can remedy the issues described. This is definitely not the experience we are looking to provide regardless of whether you stay one or multiple nights.

Please contact me at 859-455-5106 or by email at jan.vanco@eslexington.com so we can improve the condition of the room you stayed in and hopefully have a chance to welcome you back and prove to you that we are the best property to stay at in Lexington.

Pinehurst, NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel several times and we have loved it but lately we have found that many changes are necessary for us to continue to stay. I didn't love this time. (April, 2012) First, the "flowers" that line the dining area are enough for me to not want to eat in the restaurant. They have been there for years and look dirty and are definitely off-season. It was April and instead of tulips and daffodils they had the same moldy looking Chrysanthemums.
Second, the towels are enough to take your skin off. We had been at a Comfort Inn the night before and the towels were as they should be, so soft you could sink into them. The towels are so bad all I could do was blot gently.
Third, the help should be able to understand basic requests by the guests. For example, leave two extra sheets in our room because we don't use the duvet. "OK", she said. When asked if she really understood she said she did. Coming back to the room after a busy day, no two extra sheets. (We had pointed out the room number before we left.)
Fourth, the restaurant menu. Same old, same old. Soup of the day always Chicken Noodle etc.No originality.
Fifth, no freezer in "store" so no freezer stuff available when there is a microwave in the room and no ice cream
such as a Peace Pop or Eskimo Pie as there is in other of their chain hotels only restaurant ice cream,ugh!

I will probably be barred for the criticism but I would really love to return on my next visit but I won't until those dirty looking flowers in the dining room are gone. Marriott here we come.

Room Tip: Ask for room away from those eternal fountains. Rooms on west side of elevator should do it. REad th...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear selandirv,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel online and I am very sorry your experience was not as pleasant as during your previous stays.

From economical standpoint we are unable to change the flowers every season and even though other plants and flowers may be prettier, we try to keep the ones we have in great shape by keeping them up regularly. Every single plant in the restaurant was just cleaned and will continue to be cleaned on the regular schedule.

As language may be a problem for some members of the staff, we would be happy to handle your requests through managers or front desk at any time and as I understand this could be very frustrating, this unfortunately is a matter many industries have to deal with.

Restaurant menu was just changed two months ago and we do carry a different soup besides chciken noodle every single day. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to retrain our staff so they clarify this fact differently and more effectively. Chicken noodle soup is the most popular soup by our guests' demand and we keep it on the menu daily.

Adding some frozen items is a great suggestion and we are already researching a freezer that would fit into our gift shop so we can provide frozen meals and ice creams. Thank you for the suggestion.

I certainly hope we get to welcome you at our hotel again and I am available at any time for any further comments. Please contact me at jan.vanco@eslexington.com and I will be happy to ensure that your next stay is as great as your previous ones.

At your Service,

Pikeville, Ky
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

The hotel was clean, food was average and the front desk staff was pleasant. My main complaint was with the rudeness of the elderly bartender during the manager's reception. I witnessed his rudeness with several guests and also experienced it myself. His rudeness became the talk of the reception both evenings of my stay. I socialized with other guests during the reception that were not with my group and staying at the hotel on vacation; they also experienced his rudeness and found him to be very unprofessional. When paying double the price as most hotels in the area and experiencing such bad behavior from staff you expect to be professionals, my next stay in Lexington will be at a different location.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Dear Tammy07011966,

Thank you for your review of our hotel and thank you for the positive comments about some aspects of your stay.

Please let me extend my sincere apologies for the behavior of one of our staff members. As I believe we work as a team and behavior of one reflects on all and I am so dissapointed that this one person managed to make your stay a negative experience. The issue has already been addressed with the particular person and I certainly hope that you would give us another chance in the future.

In case you do decide to give us another chance, please contact me at jan.vanco@eslexington.com so I can personally assure you of a great stay. Once again, please accept my sincerest apologies and as we pride in our service, I hope we will be able to get a second chance.

Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012 via mobile

This is an acceptable hotel, with reasonable level of service and comfort. Rooms are arranged around a pleasant, large skylit courtyard that contains a water-feature, casual seating and dining areas. The finishes are acceptable, but could use a refresh. Rooms are likewise acceptable if undifferentiated. The hotel is a short drive from the downtown, not ideal for those relying on taxis which have to be ordered well in advance. Breakfasts are included and are good.

Stayed April 2012

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Lexington? Share your experiences!