“Harper” 5 of 5 stars
Review of GuestHouse Inn & Suites

You added GuestHouse Inn & Suites to your Saves list
GuestHouse Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2261 Elkhorn Road, Lexington, KY 40505 (Formerly Ramada Limited Lexington)   |
Ranked #22 of 68 Hotels in Lexington
“Harper”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

While the facility was under a facelift renovation, we still had an incredibly enjoyable stay. The staff was courteous and pleasant from the moment we open the door until the time we checked out. We stayed in one of the rooms that was not yet renovated and it was spacious, clean and brightly lit. The breakfast was hot and offered a wide choice of options. Have already booked our stay for April 2016 and I'm sure we will be welcomed back as returning friends. Thank you for making our stay special. Looking forward to next year.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Our stay didn't begin well when the room we booked a couple weeks prior was being used as a storage room. Due to several events in the area the hotel was full. The front desk clerk on duty, Todd, was mortified. The hotel was under renovation and had a few rooms that were almost ready to be released for use. Todd made us aware of the few amenities that were missing and asked if we would like one of the rooms anyway. Well, with no where else to go, of course we said yes. Todd had saved the day!! Thanks to him we had a beautifully decorated room and comfortable beds for our two night stay. When the lights next to the bed didn't work, Todd again came to the rescue and brought us a lamp. I can't express our thankfulness, GuestHouse should be proud to have such a great and extremely personable and helpful employee. Thank you again, Todd.

My only complaint, other than the storage room fiasco, was the use of old stained down comforters. I would also like to suggest some fresh fruit be available at breakfast.

Room Tip: No elevator, get a first floor room
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
GuestHouseLex, General Manager at GuestHouse Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Pat V,

Thank you for taking to the time to provide us with such detail feedback. I would like to apologize for the inconveniences you faced during your stay. We have recently installed a new property management system, which led to a bit of confusion with your reservation. I can assure you I have actively re-trained the staff to avoid a future incident. We strive to provide every guest with the best experience possible, and we have failed with your stay. I would like to discuss this personally with you at your earliest convenience. I can be reached at 859-294-7375. Thank you for choosing the Lexington GuestHouse Inn & Suites. Safe travels.

Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My friend and I stayed for five nights last week while in Lexington for Road To The Horse. The rooms are clean and spacious.Susan and Todd were excellent hosts at the front desk. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
GuestHouseLex, General Manager at GuestHouse Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear gunchef,

We would like to thank you for your recent stay at our property. I am glad that you enjoyed your accommodations and excellent staff, which recently won the Excellence in Guest Services award from our franchise. We hope to see you again after our room, lobby and breakfast renovations are completed. Please remember to book on our brand site, or call us directly for the best rate available. Safe travels.

Morehead, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2015

My daughter and I have stayed at this hotel several times in the past year. The staff have gone out of their way to make our stay as comfortable as possible although they were busy with renovations. The rooms are nice and spacious and I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

I want to thank Will and Kyle for understanding our difficult situations and we will stay again in the future.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
GuestHouseLex, General Manager at GuestHouse Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 12, 2015
Dear Lock77,

I would like to thank you for choosing the GuestHouse Inn & Suites in Lexington!! We enjoyed your company while you were here, and we are glad we could be a home away from home. Thank you for your kind words and recommending our property to other readers. I would like to personally invite you back at your earliest convenience, and hopefully you can enjoy the amenities Lexington has to offer. Safe travels.

Saint Thomas, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2015

I had come in from a VERY rough 9 hour trip, and Reema at the front desk went out of her way to help me feel relaxed. The room is nice, and spacious, and the renovations to the front make it look roomier and brighter than a few years ago (when I last passed through Lexington). But Reema's warm welcome and willingness to go the extra mile for a customer make this a 5-star for me.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled solo
GuestHouseLex, General Manager at GuestHouse Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 25, 2015
Dear troyvanginkel,

Thank you for your kind review! We truly appreciate your kind words about our staff. I will be sure to pass this review along to Reema, and I am glad to know that we have held up to our GuestHouse standard of "legendary service". We will always be pleased that we can be your second home when traveling through Lexington, and we look forward to your return. Safe travels.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2015

The staff was extremely friendly and very helpful. The first evening I was there, the toilet was acting up. They dropped everything they were doing and came right away and took care of it. The hotel itself was undergoing renovations and what we saw of the renovations, it is going to be very nice. The only reason I am not giving this hotel 5 stars is because the pool was extremely dirty and full of hair and the exercise room was poorly vented. Being used to running a mile very easily, my daughter was unable to complete her workout for this reason. When she went for a swim, hair was getting wrapped around her arms and she quickly retreated back to the room to take a shower to cleanse herself. Our stay was not a poor one by any means. For the most part, it wasn't a bad little hotel at all. I would definitely stay there again if I ever find myself back in Lexington.

Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Dear Rebekah C,

I am glad to read that overall your experience was positive. I am disappointing that you faced inconveniences during your stay to include the toilet, pool and exercise room. I am glad we were able to remedy the toilet situation immediately. However, concerning the pool, I have issued and monitored completion of all pool maintenance, to include the filters. With the indoor heated pool being one of our best amenities, I thank you for bringing this to my attention. Also, during the renovation, we are looking for alternative ventilation of the workout room. Once again I would like to thank you for being or cherished guest, and I would like to personally invite you back at your earliest convenience to experience a better stay. Safe travels.

Baltimore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2015

Stayed here with a large group because of the very low rate. The hotel is a bit run down. This group travels to Lexington annually for the Rolex 3Day Event. After last year we've decided to shell out a few more $s and stay at something a bit nicer for 2015.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
GuestHouseLex, General Manager at GuestHouse Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 19, 2015
Dear CMasonD,

While your stay was in April of 2014, I would like to apologize for the inconveniences you encountered while staying at our property. As you can read from other guests, we have made great improvements to the property, services and cleanliness. At 11 months since your stay, our guests have rated us into the top 25 hotels in Lexington. I would like to invite you back to the property to experience the (almost) new and improved GuestHouse. Thank you for reviewing our property. Safe travels.

William McCall

Been to GuestHouse Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!