“Not as great as we'd hoped, considering the cost...” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 20%!
Ranked #22 of 66 Hotels in Lexington
“Not as great as we'd hoped, considering the cost...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

My husband and I spent a night at the Hilton last weekend (2/23) as a "romantic getaway", and our first overnight together without children in over 6 years. The décor was fine, and location was good - but our level of comfort was less than what we hoped for. The sleep number bed was very uncomfortable. We could hardly get it to adjust, and the settings seemed to range from "hard as a rock" to "hard as a rock with a sinkhole in the middle". We also couldn't get our room to cool very well. We went to bed with a/c set on 70... I woke up a couple of hours later feeling very uncomfortably warm and stuffy. Turned it down to 65, and it never really cooled down. I spent several sleepless hours in the middle of the night laying on top of the covers, trying to get comfortable.

We were also a bit disappointed that the hotel would not offer a military rate. Originally, we booked online about a week ahead of time. After booking, we thought, "Oh man, we should have checked to see if they offer military rates!" I double checked, and they did - it was about $10 cheaper, and offered free breakfast. We decided that we'd just ask at check in if we could receive that rate, not thinking it would be a big issue. We were told no, they could not honor it. I suppose it's our fault for not immediately cancelling our original reservation and re-booking, but we just didn't think it would be an issue. Not a huge loss though. Just a reminder to other military families to ask and make sure you secure this rate when you first book your reservation, do not wait until check-in.

Parking in the adjacent parking garage is $8. I saw a reviewer who previously said parking is free... not so. An $8 parking charge is added onto your room bill.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
MartyRothchild, General Manager at Hilton Lexington Downtown, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Thank you for giving us feedback regarding your most recent stay with us. I apologize for any inconvenience you experienced due to your sleep number bed not working properly. I’m happy to let you know that we are getting all new Hilton Suite Dreams mattresses installed in every guest room this month! Please come back and let us know what you think.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Nashville, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

If your room has a Sleep Number Bed get another room. My bed as hard and very uncomfortable. I tried changing the settings but the bed did not work properly in changing the settings. Maintenance came up to help but frankly you cannot get an air bed to be comfortable. Even the maintenance worker said the hotel is replacing all of them. Since the sleep is the primary part of any hotel stay I value a good bed to get a good nights sleep.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

MartyRothchild, General Manager at Hilton Lexington Downtown, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
I am sorry we were unable to provide you with the quality of amenities and service you deserved during your recent stay. I apologize for the issues in your room and with the bed, and will work with our maintenance team to ensure this does not happen again. If you return to our area, I hope you will consider staying with us again.
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

Great location!!!!!! But the beds not so good. Hotal was very clean and the employees very nice. Had a great time in Lexington. The pool and work out room was nice and clean. hopefully they will get new beds soon!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Speaking of new beds we are getting the new Hilton Suite Dreams mattresses installed in every guest room this weekend! We hope you will enjoy them on your next visit with family. Thanks for the review and feedback.
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

Great accommodations and friendly staff.
We went to Lexington to go to the races and football game between Kentucky and Alabama. There were quite a few Crimson Tide rooters staying in the hotel. We felt right at home!

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
I’m so happy to hear we made you feel at home while traveling! Thanks for taking the time and giving us some really great feedback on your stay. We hope to see you again next year!
Bowling Green, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

Just ask and typically if there is a problem and they can fix the issue they will. Clean and convenient. I would recommend to others. Very close with a catwalk to Rupp. Restaurant is very good, room service is great.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thanks for the great review! I’m so happy to hear you would recommend us to other business travelers. I will pass along your compliment to our staff. We will look forward to your next visit to Lexington, KY.
Jamesville, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

I recently stayed at the Hilton Lexington Downtown while on business in the area and there were some good thinigs and some not so good things about the hotel. The staff was very nice and the view I had from my room on the 11th floor was beautiful. It overlooked the plaza. The bed was comfortable and the room itself was spacious and clean. The bathroom was normal sized and clean. The general decor seemed a little dated, but everything was in good condition. Where I expected more was in the amenities. Internet is not free unless you are a Hilton Honors Gold or above member. Breakfast is not included. They have a restaurant on site where you can purchase breakfast, but I was surprised that guests would not at least get a discount. Perhaps I have been spoiled by staying at too many lower costs hotels where breakfast and internet are included. One other little annoyance was that when I went to use the business center to print out boarding passes, the keyboards in the center are so used that many of the characters are worn off the keys making it very difficult for a "hunt and peck" typist like myself to use the computer. I would think that sort of item would be replaced on a regular basis. Overall, if I were on business in the area again, I would probably look around at some of the other area hotels first, but I would not be opposed to staying here. I probably would not stay here on a family trip due to the added costs.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
We appreciate your review regarding your most recent stay with us. We use all feedback to help us better serve our guests. I will pass along your compliments to our staff. I apologize for any inconvenience you experienced due to business center keyboards not being well marked. I hope you come back and stay with us again next time you are in town on business.
Pikeville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

Overall, a great stay! Great view in a spacious room on the 8th floor, front desk staff very friendly; however, the shower flow was only a trickle and could hear noise from neighboring rooms as well as the hallway. Very friendly staff in the restaurant! Awesome omelet!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
MartyRothchild, General Manager at Hilton Lexington Downtown, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Thanks for the great feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know overall you enjoyed our hotel. I will pass along your compliments to our kitchen staff for the awesome omelet. We hope to see you again!

Been to Hilton Lexington Downtown? Share your experiences!