“very pleasant stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 65 hotels in Lexington
Tennessee
“very pleasant stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

We stayed at Lexington Hilton on a trip to see a UK basketball game.

There were no problems at all. The room was larger than most hotel rooms. We had requested "no feather pillows" at the time of reservation. The pillows were swapped from feather to foam within an hour of arrival.

The bed was a Sleep-Number bed. I had never slept on a Sleep-Number before. I think I prefer the Hampton Inn mattress to the Sleep-Number mattress.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
MartyRothchild, General Manager at Hilton Lexington Downtown, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I’m so happy to hear you had a pleasant stay. Please ask for our pillow top mattresses next time you visit. I’m sure you will love it! We will look forward to your next game day visit. GO CATS!!

397 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Lansing, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I travel for work and this is my new favorite hotel. The staff is amazing. I called to get picked up from the airport and the van driver (Arthur) was excellent. Arthur came into the airport to find me because I was not in the right place. On the way to the Hilton he told me where to eat and other things to do in Lexington. After a long day of traveling this set the tone for a great stay. The front desk was also very helpful. The rooms are a nice size and very clean.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for the Amazing review! We love hearing we’re someone’s favorite hotel. I will definitely give Arthur & our Front Desk staff praise for such great service. I hope your business travels brings you our way again.
Warsaw, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

This was my first time in the junior suite and it was great. Being a Hilton honors Diamond member, I travel frequently and really enjoyed my stay. I've been here dozens of times and this stay was much better than my last stay here.

• Stayed January 2013
Thank you for your review. I’m happy to hear you enjoyed the accommodations in our junior suite. It’s also nice to hear we made right a previous stay. We look forward to your next visit to our hotel.
Baltimore MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I travel to Frankfort for business but trek out to Lexington just to stay at this Hilton. It's a wonderful business hotel. Great front desk, very fast check in and check out and always helpful. I had issues with the internet service and they immediately gave me a different access code to try and offered to follow up with me later on it. Hotel has nice decor, and connects directly into the parking garage on the 2nd level which is very convenient in the winter. Rooms are very comfortable, though several of the sleep number beds I've had didn't seem to be working correctly. I ordered room service frequently, which came very fast (20 minutes average). Try the salmon or duck quesadilla - both were great.

As an Hilton Honors member, I had access to their lounge which was nice but unfortunately, not great. I liked the 5 - 7 PM appetizers they set out, but it was bad timing for guests like me who often didn't get off work until 6 PM and couldn't make it during that time. Breakfast was pretty good, and had oatmeal, eggs, fruit and bread every morning. It could definitely be better though, it needed sausage or bacon or some sort of protein. Breakfast also only included bottled Minute Maid juices, and I would have preferred fresh juice. Overall, the hotel and the room was wonderful, but the executive lounge didn't compare to lounges in other hotels. If you're an Honors member, don't expect too much here.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for the taking the time to send in your review regarding your stay while in town on business. I’m happy to hear our staff was helpful and you had a hassle-free stay. Thanks for your feedback on our Executive Lounge. We appreciate all suggestions. Hope your business travels brings you back to see us again.
Bowling Green, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Stayed three nights in January 2013. I like this hotel and it's location. Free valet parking. Triangle Grille has good breakfast and terrific staff. The pool area is nice. Gym really is terrible. Only one of the three treadmills worked. The temperature was nearly unbearable with the sun shining through the atrium windows. The air is obviously broken in the small room. Someone had already moved the thermostat on the wall all the way down and it had to be 85 in there. They have a whole assortment of dumbbells but no bench. No way to do presses, etc. Housekeeping did not clean the shower and there was a disgusting hair on the floor by the shower when I checked in and when I checked out. Based on some other reviews, Hilton may need to do some training for the housekeeping staff and some repair work and upgrades to the fitness center. In the meantime, I think you can visit Urban Active next door for $10.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback of our hotel. I will pass along your compliments to our terrific staff in the Triangle Grille and kudos to the Chef. You’ll be happy to know we are currently planning on enlarging our fitness center and adding more equipment. I also apologize for any inconvenience you experienced to room cleanliness issues. We have programs in place to better improve our product for our guests. We hope you come back and visit us soon. Thanks again for taking the time to write a review.
Campbellsville, Kentucky, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

We had a WONDERFUL stay at this hotel. It was so very clean and the bed was the most comfortable bed we have ever slept in. Check in and out was very fast too. I would definitely recommend this hotel to everyone I know.

Thanks for making our stay a very pleasurable experience.

Room Tip: We had a non smoking King size bed room. It was GREAT!!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
MartyRothchild, General Manager at Hilton Lexington Downtown, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
We really appreciate your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We’re so happy to hear you had a pleasurable experience. Please come back and visit soon.
Greensboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

My stay at the Hilton was, for the most part, really nice. I was there for a week with work, doing a training that was also held at the hotel. Throughout our stay, every staff member that we encountered was warm, polite, and helpful. The conference facilities were good, and the restaurant and Bigg Blue were great. Because of the way our schedule worked, we ended up eating breakfast at the restaurant every morning, and lunch and dinner there several times throughout the week. The food was delicious every time. Monika was our server often, and she was incredibly attentive but didn't hover. One of my colleagues got really sick while we were there, and Monika brought her soup and checked back to make sure she had eaten some of it. The restaurant manager came out several times to check on how things were going (we also had coffee service set up for our training) and all my interactions with him were very pleasant. Bigg Blue was really good. I met up there with other folks from my training the first night in, and we really enjoyed it. Everything was very clean, the drinks were really good, and the cheeseburger I got was fantastic. Our server was friendly and attentive and did a great job. We ended up going back for drinks twice more during our stayI HIGHLY commend the restaurant, front desk, and hotel staff.

Having said that, unfortunately, I must also address the issue of housekeeping. And it was definitely an issue. When I arrived, there was a razor cover of a previous guest still in the bathtub, suggesting the tub wasn't looked at, much less wiped out, and the lotion and conditioner tubes that were out were nearly empty, leading me to believe they hadn't been replaced. One of my water glasses had a sizable chip in the edge. I left the glass out for housekeeping to pick up, but when I returned to my room the chipped glass was back on the ice bucket tray with a paper cover on it. This happened the third day, as well, with the SAME GLASS. The fourth day, I came back to my room and found that the chipped glass was gone, but in its place with the "I'm Clean" paper cover was a glass that was disgustingly smeared on the inside with something that looked like makeup. I did not investigate too closely, but took the glass downstairs and spoke with the front desk clerk. She was also disgusted, and extremely apologetic, and she did give me a voucher for breakfast, but I think this is problem that really needs to be addressed. I have never experienced housekeeping in a Hilton-level hotel that was this sub-par, and I noticed other reviewers had similar experiences. I really hope the hotel takes measures to solve that problem, because it made me feel like my entire room was dirty, and I was frustrated with that because everything else about my stay was so wonderful.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for giving us a constructive review. Please accept my apology for the inconvenience you experienced due to room cleanliness. Please be assured that we have shared your comments with our staff and we are following up on them to ensure better service for future guests. Once again, please accept our apology and we look forward to the opportunity of serving you again in the near future.

Been to Hilton Lexington Downtown? Share your experiences!