“In for a wedding” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 65 hotels in Lexington
Miamisburg, Ohio, United States
“In for a wedding”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Stayed at the Lexington Hilton Downtown on a Saturday in late October and had a very nice stay. We did not utilize much of the Hotel except the room and the pool and whirlpool. A rather typical downtown standard hotel room but I must say it was very clean,and the beds were very comfortable. We chose to self park in the parking garage free of charge and have no real complaints. The room was a bit pricey for my likes but it is downtown and the location is great and the property seemed to be nearly full. I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
MartyRothchild, General Manager at Hilton Lexington Downtown, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay while in town for a wedding. Thanks for the great feedback. We look forward to your next visit.

412 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Denver, Colorado, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Great location, nice rooms, and friendly staff. We were fortunate to stay in an executive sweet and had a great view of the water fountains and ice rink below. Very nice! I found the rooms to be a bit noisy, but it could have just been that the neighboring guests were more to blame. I could definitely hear them in the hall late into the night, and was awakened again by the sound of the club level breakfast on the floor above. Speaking of the club level breakfast, I found it to be adequate but not spectacular and it needed to be maintained and stocked. Seating was very limited as well.

A small gift shop for snacks, souvenirs, or forgotten travel essentials would be a nice addition.

By far the best feature was the Bigg Blue Martini. Great atmosphere and energy and the live music was a definite bonus!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
So happy to hear our lobby bar was a Bigg hit with you and your family. Thanks for the kind words and great feedback. I recommend on your next visit you check out our Gift Shop located next to the Front Desk. It’s loaded with all kinds of goodies. Thanks again for visiting!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I flew all day and arrived late afternoon, traveling alone, I am female and had three bags due to a workshop I was attending! I got out of the cab and wrestled with my bags and got thru two sets of doors, the girl at the desk laughingly told me "I looked really tired"! I wanted to ask "do you not have bellmen"? I saw one the whole time I was there and most employees look like college students!
My room was fairly nice but not for the rates I was paying for my room!
The waitresses were friendly but you expect better service from a hotel with rates that are close to $200.00 a day!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thanks for taking time to give us your feedback regarding your stay with us while in town on business. I’m sorry to hear you had a disappointing experience. Our main goal is for our travelers to have a productive visit. I will share your review with our Bellman staff to help us improve our product.
Lexington, Kentucky, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Friendly staff and personel, food was high quality in the resturant, greeted me by name and valets were responsible and very experienced. also the rooms had great views. Over all, it wasn't the best hotel that I had ever stayed at, but its not shabby in any sense.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Great review! I will share your feedback with our hotel staff. I’m glad you enjoyed your stay and loved the food. Please come back and visit us again.
Signal Hill, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

As a HHoners Gold I was put on the 14th floor, not bad. Sleep number bed didn't work, heat didn't work and staff at front desk were quite rude! I asked for late check out and was told I could only have until 12:30pm, at 12:15pm already knocking at my door to get out. I also had a pretty bad fall at the Hotel which I reported to the front desk, I was given 3 small band-aides and made to pay for my aspirin. Because of my fall, now I have to get a new suit and even though I put my accident in writing to them, never heard back from them.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
MartyRothchild, General Manager at Hilton Lexington Downtown, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
We are sorry that you had a disappointing experience during your stay with us. At Hilton, we always aim to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected. Your feedback will help us deliver this brand promise. Guest satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. However, I would like to apologize once more for the inconveniences and for the level of service that you experienced while staying with us. If you would like to discuss your stay further, please contact me directly. Thank you and I look forward to your call.
Ajijic, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

This is a typical Hilton, nice rooms, well appointed and clean. It is across the street from a stadium where basketball is being played, and near several downtown restaurants and bars.

A few quibbles: 1)there is a free shuttle to/from airport, but when we arrived, there were too many people waiting for the shuttle to fit. The next shuttle was to arrive in 30 mins and more people were arriving, again too many to fit. We ended up with a $27 cab fare. 2) there were huge lines to check-in, however, in fairness, the line moved fairly quickly. 3) when I entered my room, it was unbearably hot: the thermostat was set for 86 degrees. The thermostat should be set to something more normal between guests. Unfortunately, my room failed to cool off, but the next morning after reporting the problem to engineering the problem was resolved. 4) the room was dark and the lighting was inadequate, particularly for reading in bed. 5) the bath was very small. 6) the sleep number bed did not work at all; the bed was rock hard. I really disliked the pillows, and unfortunately they were all the same. 7) terrible view.

Bottom line: it was an ok hotel, but I'll select a different hotel when I return to Lexington.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
I’m so sorry to hear you didn’t enjoy your stay. Our goal is for every guest to have a productive and hassle-free visit. I would encourage you to contact me so we can make this right.
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I stayed at the Hilton Downtown Lexington for a business event. I would say that the staf at the hotel was quite pleasant and the location good. However the seems to be a lack of detail related to the upkeep of the rooms. My room #1029 seemed to have some cleanliness issues. There was mold in the shower around the grab bar and in the tile, yuck! There were hairs, not mine, on the door and the ceiling of the bathroom. The mirror did not look like it had been wiped down in some time. The hinges to the toilet seat were so gross I actually had to take toilet paper and wrap it around so I didn't have to look at them.

Beds were those sleep number beds and they were NOT comfortable and they didn't work well. I think they might need updating or servicing or both.The handle on the coffee stand fell right off upon opening. Room overall was dusty including the lamps and mirror as well as the desk and phones.

I also had access to the club floor, while it is nice to have access I was a little underwhelmed by the offerings. They used styrofoam cups instead of paper which are more earth friendly and will all the different franchise companies moving in a more environmentally friendly space you would think styrofoam would not be used. The B-fast offerings were decent but I think offering a more quality brand of greek yogart for instance such as Chiobani (no gelatin and no corn syrup or high fructose syrup), same thing with the jellies and peanut butter. Bread offerings could be more focused on healthful options such as 'whole grain' not wheat (just carmel colored white bread) and full of additives like dough softners. And sweetners, think Stevia or Truvia as opposed to equal or splenda. Related to cerals, I would suggest Kashi (Kelloggs) now has more healthful options as opposed to sugary cerals with no health benefits like fiber or protien.

Again staff was kind. The food although limited in the restaurant/bar was good. And the location was good. Just needs some sprucing up.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
We really appreciate your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. Thanks for all the helpful suggestions. I would encourage you to ask for a room with a pillow top mattress next time you’re in town for business. I hope we see you again soon.

Been to Hilton Lexington Downtown? Share your experiences!