“Pretty bad for a Hilton” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 20%!
Ranked #23 of 64 Hotels in Lexington
Signal Hill, California
“Pretty bad for a Hilton”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

As a HHoners Gold I was put on the 14th floor, not bad. Sleep number bed didn't work, heat didn't work and staff at front desk were quite rude! I asked for late check out and was told I could only have until 12:30pm, at 12:15pm already knocking at my door to get out. I also had a pretty bad fall at the Hotel which I reported to the front desk, I was given 3 small band-aides and made to pay for my aspirin. Because of my fall, now I have to get a new suit and even though I put my accident in writing to them, never heard back from them.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
MartyRothchild, General Manager at Hilton Lexington Downtown, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
We are sorry that you had a disappointing experience during your stay with us. At Hilton, we always aim to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected. Your feedback will help us deliver this brand promise. Guest satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. However, I would like to apologize once more for the inconveniences and for the level of service that you experienced while staying with us. If you would like to discuss your stay further, please contact me directly. Thank you and I look forward to your call.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Ajijic, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

This is a typical Hilton, nice rooms, well appointed and clean. It is across the street from a stadium where basketball is being played, and near several downtown restaurants and bars.

A few quibbles: 1)there is a free shuttle to/from airport, but when we arrived, there were too many people waiting for the shuttle to fit. The next shuttle was to arrive in 30 mins and more people were arriving, again too many to fit. We ended up with a $27 cab fare. 2) there were huge lines to check-in, however, in fairness, the line moved fairly quickly. 3) when I entered my room, it was unbearably hot: the thermostat was set for 86 degrees. The thermostat should be set to something more normal between guests. Unfortunately, my room failed to cool off, but the next morning after reporting the problem to engineering the problem was resolved. 4) the room was dark and the lighting was inadequate, particularly for reading in bed. 5) the bath was very small. 6) the sleep number bed did not work at all; the bed was rock hard. I really disliked the pillows, and unfortunately they were all the same. 7) terrible view.

Bottom line: it was an ok hotel, but I'll select a different hotel when I return to Lexington.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
I’m so sorry to hear you didn’t enjoy your stay. Our goal is for every guest to have a productive and hassle-free visit. I would encourage you to contact me so we can make this right.
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I stayed at the Hilton Downtown Lexington for a business event. I would say that the staf at the hotel was quite pleasant and the location good. However the seems to be a lack of detail related to the upkeep of the rooms. My room #1029 seemed to have some cleanliness issues. There was mold in the shower around the grab bar and in the tile, yuck! There were hairs, not mine, on the door and the ceiling of the bathroom. The mirror did not look like it had been wiped down in some time. The hinges to the toilet seat were so gross I actually had to take toilet paper and wrap it around so I didn't have to look at them.

Beds were those sleep number beds and they were NOT comfortable and they didn't work well. I think they might need updating or servicing or both.The handle on the coffee stand fell right off upon opening. Room overall was dusty including the lamps and mirror as well as the desk and phones.

I also had access to the club floor, while it is nice to have access I was a little underwhelmed by the offerings. They used styrofoam cups instead of paper which are more earth friendly and will all the different franchise companies moving in a more environmentally friendly space you would think styrofoam would not be used. The B-fast offerings were decent but I think offering a more quality brand of greek yogart for instance such as Chiobani (no gelatin and no corn syrup or high fructose syrup), same thing with the jellies and peanut butter. Bread offerings could be more focused on healthful options such as 'whole grain' not wheat (just carmel colored white bread) and full of additives like dough softners. And sweetners, think Stevia or Truvia as opposed to equal or splenda. Related to cerals, I would suggest Kashi (Kelloggs) now has more healthful options as opposed to sugary cerals with no health benefits like fiber or protien.

Again staff was kind. The food although limited in the restaurant/bar was good. And the location was good. Just needs some sprucing up.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
We really appreciate your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. Thanks for all the helpful suggestions. I would encourage you to ask for a room with a pillow top mattress next time you’re in town for business. I hope we see you again soon.
Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

This Hilton was as good or better than many many excellent Hilton's I've stayed at over the last several years. We travel to Lexington and stay overnight many times during the year, but this was our first stay at the Hilton downtown.
We checked-in late one evening after a long drive from Michigan and were pleased to find the bar and restaurant open until 11pm. We ordered a few appetizers that were fresh and tasty and enjoyed the information and chitchat with the bartenders.
The room was beautifully appointed and I thought the bath was roomy and liked the towels and accessories.
We were extended a late check-out because our plane did not leave LEX until 4pm, so we walked a few blocks to a great little bistro for lunch. Downtown is booming in terms of wonderful little restaurants.

After lunch it was super having the free shuttle to the airport!

Room Tip: Any room a few stories up would be fine!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your visit to our property. We really appreciate the feedback. We hope you come back and visit us soon and have another Excellent Experience.
Cliffside Park New Jersey USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

"I've stayed in a number of different Lexington area hotels, & there is nothing special about this hotel, yet the rooms are over $200 per night."

A previous reviewer, quoted above, has stated our case perfectly. We stayed on the 16th floor, paid the same price he did - & as the man said, the beds were uncomfortable, the pillows were terrible, the bathroom was cramped & the shower water pressure was almost non-existent.

We didn't come to Lexington to hang out in a hotel room, so these conditions certainly weren't pressing problems. But, if I were running this particular Hilton, I'd be angling for additional funds to upgrade the facilities (if I understand this correctly, what we experienced WAS the result of a recent renovation of the facilities).

ESPECIALLY THE LOUSY WATER PRESSURE.

Optional: I'd also phase out the busy, frothy hallway wallpaper & rugs, possibly inspired by the work of the Rocky & Bullwinkle art director. Say, if this "look" is something intentional, not blundered into, then let's leave things be & install commemorative statues of June Foray & Bill Scott in the lobby.

They would look very nice.

Positives: The hotel itself, everywhere, was clean as a whistle; the staff was always friendly & helpful (one person who was in a bad mood had a perfect reason to be in one); the location is perfect for the excellent local restaurants & Keeneland racetrack; & the bartender in the ground floor bar (Blue Martini?) couldn't have been nicer.

Can't Be Helped: The lady who got out of a 17th floor bed, left her room half-way dressed, & was first seen by this correspondent helping herself to a complimentary bowl of cereal & fruit. She looked rather odd - having forgotten to wear shoes - standing there with her feet in her little white socks.

I do not complain. The scene was a notable improvement over recoiling from the sight of the two dweebs who - coming down to breakfast in a Saratoga Springs B&B a few years ago - had decided that going barefoot was the only way to fly. I also happily recollect that they ate with their hands.

Room Tip: Marry into a family that has 51% of the stock of any one of the top twenty horse-breeding operations...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
We really appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. I will share your compliments with our staff. I’m happy to hear our staff was always friendly and helpful. Thanks again for the feedback.
Lawrenceville, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

This hotel lives up to the Hilton reputation that I expect. Check-in was super-fast and easy. Parking is very easy in adjoining garage, with free in and out service. Rooms are what you would expect from a Hilton downtown facility in any city. Large room, but bathroom was a bit cramped. It is centrally located downtown near many bars, restaurants, etc. It is also across the street from Rupp Arena. We were here for UGA vs. UK football game, and took the Lextran $5 shuttle to Commonwealth Stadium. It leaves from across the street from the hotel and was super easy. This was not my first stay here and definitely will not be my last!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Great review! Thanks so much for giving us your feedback. I will share this with our staff and let them know to keep up the Top-notch service. We look forward to your next visit to Lexington, KY.
Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

I've stayed in a number of different Lexington area hotels, and there is nothing special about this hotel, yet the rooms are over $200 per night. The air unit is loud, the beds uncomfortable and temperamental (at least now I know I'll never own a Sleep Number bed), the bathrooms aren't much larger than the closets and have no vents, and the giant tv only has analog channels. There isn't even a small refrigerator. I would not recommend this hotel for anything other than the downtown location, and I won't stay here again. When 21c comes to town, everyone else downtown will have to step up their game just to stay close.

Room Tip: Try the hotels in Beaumont center and ask for rooms that don't back up to New Circle Road.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
MartyRothchild, General Manager at Hilton Lexington Downtown, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry that you didn’t have an exceptional stay. Guest feedback is incredibly important to us and we are taking your comments into consideration as we improve our on-property experience. Again, we apologize for the inconveniences that you endured while staying with us. We will be sure to work with our maintenance team to ensure that we make the necessary corrections. . We hope to have another opportunity to serve you, if your travels bring you back to our area.

Been to Hilton Lexington Downtown? Share your experiences!