“Nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

I really like Hyatt Place Hotels. They are perfect for families - particularly those with 3 kids because the room is divided with a pull out couch on one side. Plenty of space for everyone. The breakfast is top notch and there is a bar and dessert counter in the lobby. Only recommendation is that they need to recover their chairs in the dining area. They are spotted and don't appear clean. Other than that, though, everything was perfect.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Robin M, Front Office Manager at Hyatt Place Lexington, responded to this review, August 9, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I appreciate your feedback regarding the layout of the rooms and glad you enjoyed our breakfast! We hope to see you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Harlan, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

We have stayed here several (about 30) times in the past 2 years and have NEVER had anything but a great stay. The hotel is spotless, the rooms are comfortable and the staff goes out of their way to be helpful. We've stayed in a number of other hotels in the Lexington area, and this is our favorite hands down.

Stayed July 2014
Thank you for the wonderful review. I was happy to see you have stayed with us so frequently. We look forward to seeing you again on future visits to Lexington!
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

We booked this hotel for my sons 4th grade aau national tournament. A few stayed at Embassy Suites but I am so glad we stayed here. The staff was so accommodating! They allowed us to bring in pizza, etc and use the lobby room as often as we wanted to. Being such a large group, we took up most of the 3rd floor and I'm sure we were loud as heck. Zero complaints from the staff and they also were willing to help us with anything we needed. It couldn't have been a better experience. GREAT STAFF!!!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for the review! We enjoyed having your team here, and were happy to help when needed.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 3 weeks straight, rooms where very clean and neat. Showers are awesome. The front desk staff, Samantha,Amie, Nicky, robin, misty, and Danielle where all very polite and hospitable, those ladies worked very hard to make my experience a good one. They helped reccomend shops, restaurants and sights to see. Good job excellent service.

• Stayed July 2014
Thank you for the great review! We enjoyed having you here and hope you will be back to visit us again!
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

We stayed for a week at the Hyatt Place in Lexington, Ky, and the staff went out of there way to make us comfortable. First of all, the hotel has wonderful common space- great, conversational seating areas throughout the lobby area, and a cozy kitchen space with lots of options to accommodate your family and friends. The hotel rooms are affordable, spacious and well designed to separate the living and sleeping area. Each room contains a sectional sofa that converts to a sleeper, a functional desk area, a small refrigerator and luxury bedding.

Our family was traveling with a sports team on a budget, and the hotel staff was extremely accommodating, allowing us to use the kitchen area several evenings during our stay to bring in meals. The hotel has a little happy hour every evening, and a double sided fireplace that I imagine provides a warm and welcoming atmosphere during the colder months. It was a great place to call home for the week!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Robin M, Front Office Manager at Hyatt Place Lexington, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Thank you for the wonderful review of our hotel. We enjoyed having your team here last week! We hope to see you all back here next year!
Kitchener, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We recently stayed at the Hyatt Place on our way home from Disney World back to Ontario. This hotel looked almost brand new to us and it was really nice. The front lobby/café area was very modern and nicer than most hotels in this class. Our room was huge, had two queens as well as a big living room type area. We checked in late at night and had no issues getting into our room and getting right to sleep. Staff was super friendly with check-in and the next morning for check-out. Free wi-fi was fast and the free breakfast was delicious. They had really good breakfast sandwiches, along with French toast, cereal, fruit, and pastries.

Highly recommend this hotel and will definitely stop here again!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for the review of our hotel. I appreciate the feedback about our staff, and was delighted to see you enjoyed our breakfast offerings during your stay. We hope to see you again when you are in the area!
Tyler, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

I'm pretty tough on hotels. For $169/night and multiple other hotel choices nearby, I expect the full treatment. No misses. I stayed at this hotel for two nights, business travel. For the price and for the brand name "Hyatt", my expectations where high. It was not a total let-down by any means, there were some hits as well as misses.

Miss 1: Carpets in hallways dirty. Direly needed a vacuum. My first impression.
Miss 2: Breakfast was a joke. Didn't eat it.
Miss 3: The air conditioner is located 12" from the bed. When the compressor kicked on, it froze that side of the bed. I was alone, so I just slept over on the other side. Had my wife been with me, she would have turned to ice. Or, I would have turned to ice... depending on who you want to believe wears the pants - LOL.

Hit 1: Strong, friendly welcome at check-in and fast.
Hit 2: Clean room and clean bathroom
Hit 3: Extremely quiet room. Even when it was fairly noisey out in the halls.
Hit 4: Comfortable bedding and an assortment of pillows (1 worked great for me)
Hit 5: Large room

So in all, would I stay here next time (and yes, I will be back on business here)? No, I'll try another hotel, there are several close-by. Had the price been $100 - $110, then definitely yes, I would stay here again. I've become fairly spoiled by excellent hotels in the $100-110 price range.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback regarding the Hyatt Place Lexington. I apologize that your stay was anything short of exceptional and have reviewed your positive and constructive comments with the staff. We hope to have the opportunity to accommodate you in the future.

Been to Hyatt Place Lexington? Share your experiences!