“The Newly Remodeled Campbell House is "The Place to stay in Lexington"” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Campbell House

You added The Campbell House to your Saves list
The Campbell House
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1375 S Broadway, Lexington, KY 40504 (Formerly Crowne Plaza Hotel)   |
Ranked #46 of 66 Hotels in Lexington
Carneys Point, New Jersey
“The Newly Remodeled Campbell House is "The Place to stay in Lexington"”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The Newly Remodeled "Campbell House" is a Lexington Icon.
From the minute you drive up, you'll see Beautiful, Kentucky Charm. Offering Newly remodeled Comfortable Rooms, appointed with Southern Charm. Pleasant, inviting Lobbies, Sitting Rooms & Areas. Friendly Accommodating Staff. Gorgeous Pool Area, A Great, Classy, Romantic Restaurant "Kilberns", and a cozy Lounge that offers live entertainment on certain nights "Bogarts". Please read my reviews on both "Bogarts" & "Kilberns" for dining tips. There is a Unique Gift Shop that I strongly suggest you visit. Rooms are Comfortable, and the Beds are like "Sleeping on Clouds". I strongly suggest staying here while in Lexington. This hotel is supposed to be Haunted for all you that believe in the Supernatural. Be sure to take the Bourbon Flight at Bogarts, and get the Pancakes at Kilberns.
ENJOY!
Can't wait to come back!
CHEF GARY CURRY

Room Tip: Ask for an upgraded room.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Ft Gay, Wv
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We have stayed here several times in the past while visiting the area and love this place !!! The rooms are large !! The rooms are very clean and the staff is very friendly! !!! You will Not be dissapointed just stop by and check them out

Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
The Campbell Ho... L, Guest Relations Manager at The Campbell House, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Ken14fan,

Thank you for the great review! We hope to see you many more times in the future.

All the best,

Montpelier, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The hotel appears to be undergoing a remodel so some things were better than others. Overall a good experience with a very nice staff and good pricing. The room was very clean and comfortable. I never found an ice machine or vending area but maybe I just didn't look hard enough.

Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
The Campbell Ho... L, Guest Relations Manager at The Campbell House, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Chris D.,

Thank you for the kind and honest remarks regarding your stay.Two of our guestroom wings are currently closed off as we are remodeling the last set of guestrooms. These are the only areas that have not been remodeled yet. All of our public areas renovations are complete.

We hope to see you again soon!

Fairfax, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Ok, this is a very nice place the rooms are clean and modern. My wife and I stayed there for two nights over the Thanksgiving Holiday. The lowest price room was very clean and modern. A bit small for a couple who are staying more than one night. My wife asked to see a larger room and was shown a very nice suite and was quoted by the desk clerk as being an additional $35/night. This was a great deal!!!!Two rooms, nice leather couch and flat screen TV in both rooms, shower was granite with glass door Very nice.
My wife always checks the bills while traveling, and on the morning of second day she notice that the Inn charged us $70 extra/night for the room instead of the +$35 she was quoted. We checked the original desk clerk about this and she told us she never said $35/night, even after my wife insisted that she did. She went ahead and discounted the room to the rate we were quoted, but added that she was going to get in trouble for doing it. Ok, I've been in customer service for 30 years, you never say that to a guest. We told her that if she was going to get in trouble we would pay the $70 for the one night and leave the hotel that morning. She quickly said oh no, that she would be ok and that we should stay which we did. Extracting guilt from guests is not a great customer service technique and for that I took off two stars for this review. Other than that, its a very nice clean hotel. About a mile from UK, Rupp Arena.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
The Campbell Ho... L, Guest Relations Manager at The Campbell House, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear John B.,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your honest remarks about your stay at the Campbell House. We apology for the experience you had at our front desk. I would like to speak to you about your stay. If so, please feel free to reach out to me at my number below. I hope that I can regain your faith in the our beloved hotel.

T: 859.519.1353
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I like to be objective and no retaliation should be in here unless insulted by staff or something and even then try to be as objective as possible with ratings

Had issues from inception
1. No carts for luggage upon check in were Avila blessed and nobody lifted a finger to help!!
2. We were told that breakfast was included by the front deal upon presentation (We booked via third party) but next day we were told no, and had to prove I wasn't lying to the manager and actually Melanie offered free breakfast and we refused because we were really offended at the thought that we were taken for liars looking for free breakfast and if I took her up on her offer to have breakfast for free that would have proven their baseless suspicions, yet u was harsh and probably rude at the end of phone call to Melanie and I believe I almost hung up because of how furious and irate I was and I believe I owe her an apology here.
"Sorry Melanie"
She couldn't be more polite and wasn't her mistake and after all she offered me free breakfast to make us happy after the initial mishap!!
But hey Melanie teach your staff how to TRUST THEIR CUSTOMERS and how to be as Courteous as you are.

3. We're given the wrong room at first and by that I meant not fully renovated with unfinished painting job and unclean carpeting but that was sorted out in less than 5 minutes.

4. Please burn the elevator or shut it down till renovated !! Worst elevator I have seen in years !!

NOW WHAT REALLY MATTERS
ROOMS ARE AMAZING!
Better than some 4 stars hotels in have been to and I would have given 4 stars if elevator was renovated too and if I was treated the way 4 stars hotels treat their customers.

But good job

Secret I got this to for a steal deal and shouldn't be but happy -:)

Thank you Campbell House staff and in particular Melanie

Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Dear sooma,

Thank you for your honest remarks regarding your stay. Please accept my apology for falling short on your expectations. I've shared your comments with our staff and Melanie, our Front Office Manager. If you would like to discuss your stay further, please feel free to reach out to me. I hope that you give us an opportunity to have a more memorable stay in the future.

E: jham@thecampbellhouse.com
Walton, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here in late October and was very impressed with the renovations. The lobby is stunning and our room was beautifully decorated. It is still an older hotel with quirks, like our closet door wouldn't close properly, but that just adds to the charm. Staff was friendly, rate was reasonable, and it is centrally located.

Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear GMZB_KY,

Thank you for your kind remarks regarding your recent stay! We hope to see you again soon.

DIrector of Operations
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2014

Pleasantly surprised. This place was beautiful - no construction going on (11/15/14). Very horsey/Lexington looking. Front desk, waitress and bartendars all were very friendly. Don't have one complaint. Would definitely say here again!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear luvtravel99172,

Thank you for the great review of our property and our staff! Please feel free to reach out to me personally when your travels bring you back to Lexington.

E: jham@thecampbellhouse.com

Been to The Campbell House? Share your experiences!