“Excellent customer service!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Campbell House

You added The Campbell House to your Saves list
The Campbell House
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1375 S Broadway, Lexington, KY 40504 (Formerly Crowne Plaza Hotel)   |
Ranked #48 of 66 Hotels in Lexington
Asheville, NC
“Excellent customer service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

I am a Seminar Speaker, and have stayed and taught at this hotel in the past. For some reason, my company booked me off-site for my next training at this location. Even though I have to pay extra, it is worth it to stay here! Customer service is always superb. Staff are very helpful during the day while I conduct my seminar. Top notch hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
The Campbell Ho... L, Manager at The Campbell House, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Dear sunhawkins,

Thank you very much for your review of The Campbell House following your recent visit to Lexington, KY! We are so pleased to hear that your experiences at our property have been very satisfactory, as we are continuously striving to make improvements and serve our guests appropriately. Our hotel prides itself on the level of customer service we provide, as well as the Banquet/Meeting functions we facilitate.
As the New Year begins, there are many exciting things happening at The Campbell House, including a full-scale renovation of the hotel. We will provide more details concerning the renovation as the information becomes available, but again, thank you for your review and thank you for your loyalty to our beloved hotel!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

After reading recent reviews on Tripadvisor, I was prepared for the worst at the Campbell House. I was, however, pleasantly surprised. I agree that the hotel is fairly dated and in need of a redec; however, I think the vitriol of some of the comments are unfair. Yes, the furniture is dated, but they're not falling apart and more than serve their purpose. My room was clean and the bed very comfortable. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The hotel is well-located, only a 5-7 minute drive from the University Campus and/or downtown and a 15 minute drive from Keeneland. I'm not sure what more you can ask for in a hotel, especially if, like me, you purchased at a deep discount via Priceline.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear vandyalum,

Thank you for taking the time to review The Campbell House, and we really appreciate your comments/observations! The customer service we provide to our guests is a key factor to the success of our property, and we are so happy that you found your accommodations suitable for your needs. The location of our hotel is also a convenience for our guests, with our close proximity to the University of Kentucky, Lexington's Bluegrass Airport and Keeneland.
In reference to the need of a renovation, plans are currently being finalized to begin a massive restoration of the property in 2014. Now under new ownership and management, we are very excited to see what the future brings!
Again, thank you for reviewing our property and providing us the necessary feedback needed to make improvements and better serve our guests!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

Ok we got here last night and after checking in we came to the room. We started reading the reviews. Wow it wasn't good. Well here goes. Check in went well. The lady was very very friendly. I thought the room was great. The wife is a little pickier. Yes the motel is older. Was not built in the last 10 years. So what. I am a construction worker and I appreciate and like the older building. I had an issue with the shower so I called the front desk. Within 3 minutes the guy was here and helped. Problem solved. It was more me than the shower. So overall it is hats off to the Campbell House and staff. What? Would I stay again? YES over and over again. Thanks to all that I spoke to.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Loudon, TN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

I can understand why the Crowne Plaza recently sold this property. It is now called Campbell House. While the bed was very comfortable, I don't have anything else nice to say about this hotel. If our room is an indication of the whole property, a lot of remodeling is needed. Also, the staff needs retraining on customer service. The location is a plus if you're going to Keeneland Racetrack.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Knoxville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

I booked this hotel room months ago - and they are NO LONGER A CROWNE PLAZA. They did not reach out to me, to let me know of this change. But the quality of this hotel room was very poor. It was not clean. The walls were very thin. It is not high quality - if you're looking for a nice clean room - look elsewhere.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Loudon, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

We received an email prior to our 18 Oct 2012 stay indicated that the Crowne Plaza Hotel had been sold but our reservation would still be honored. However, the email did not indicate that the hot name had been changed to the Campbell House so we were a little confused upon arrival. The hotel looked a bit dated from the outside and this was confirmed once we walked inside.

Our welcome was warm enough and check in was prompt. The room was dated and in need of renovation. The room was a bit dark which reflected the hotel's overall presentation.

We had a couple of drinks at Bogart's Bar in the hotel then headed off for dinner. Upon return to the hotel we had to have engineering come to reset the TV to received local channels. Again, this was done promptly.

After retiring for the night we soon realized that our room was at the parking lot outlet of Bogart's Bar which also was the defunct smoking area. Revelers started to congregate in this area around 1030-1100 and continued to their partying until almost 3am. We made calls to the front desk around 1130pm and again after 1am. The front desk indicated that they would take care of it after the first call. Nothing happened and the partying continued. The 2nd call prompted a response from the front desk saying it was just the noise of people going to the parking lot. We assured them that this was not the case and there was a full blown party going on right outside our window and it sounded like they are in our room with us! We finally got a few hours of sleep and complained to the front desk upon check out. The manager quickly comped our room but didn't seem to care about our suggestions for not placing guests in that situation or handing the smoking area in a different manner. She mainly wanted to get us out of there so other guests would not hear our complaints.

In summary, the hotel is in dire need of a physical makeover and a management makeover.

Room Tip: Rooms on the opposite side of the hotel from Bogart's Bar and the smoking area would likely be q...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Florence, al
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We made this reservation when it was Crowne Plaza for the AL-KY ballgame, but as of Oct 1 it is now just the Campbell House. Thought about changing hotels but I am glad we didn't. It is very charming and elegant with a wonderful restaurant and gift shop. It is like driving up to the grand White House! It could use some updating in certain places but there is so much I wouldn't want to change about the place because of the character and charm. If you like old historic houses and southern elegance, stay here. I am giving it a 4 review just because they didn't clean our room. Don't understand why, but nevertheless they did bring us towels and the stuff we needed. I would stay here again. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: We asked for a quiet room and got the 3rd floor. But there is a bar/lounge at hotel and we could he...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Campbell House? Share your experiences!