No it's not a five star. It doesn't have room service and if you're looking for that you should look at a more expensive place. I travel extensively for work so I stay in all kinds of hotels and I was pleased that this was exactly what I had expected when I booked it.
My daughter is starting at the University of Kentucky. I wanted a place that was centrally located, quiet, clean, convenient, easy to find, and safe where I could imagine staying often. This hotel was all of that.
It's about 10 minutes from the university. Perfect. The hotel is right next to an outdoor grouping of restaurants and stores which was wonderful. I could stay behind and get some work done while my family went sight seeing and walk to something if I needed anything during the day.
Everything my family wanted to see was a short drive. They loved that.
Internet was FREE.
Parking was FREE.
Breakfast was FREE.
It made the already low price a nice bargain and I like that.
The place was clean. The staff was friendly and attentive. The other people at the hotel were families or business people. It was very quiet while I was there.
The pool wasn't fantastic, but I didn't expect it to be.
Breakfast had many choices. The eggs were hit or miss and some of the warm foods were like what you'd find at a school lunch. However, the coffee was good and there were enough breakfast options that everyone in my party was happy with it. Cereal, fruit, breads, yogurt, muffings. This is not an expensive hotel-- you're not going to get the high class breakfast with fruit salads and fresh granola......but it's fine. There was always plenty of seating in the breakfast room and it was kept immaculately clean.
Would I pick this hotel as a romantic getaway with my husband? No.
Would I stay there when I visit my daughter at college? Absolutely.
Can't say enough nice things about the staff. They made check in and out pleasant and were always checking in on us in the hallways to make sure we had what we needed. Better than some much more expensive places I've stayed lately. Kudos to HIE for a great staff!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Offers Comfortable Accommodations in Lexington, KY Take a Take a virtual tour of the hotel. The Holiday Inn Express Lexington Northeast is located near many of Lexington s corporate centers and horse racing facilities. Just a few miles from Lexington Bluegrass Airport (LEX), corporate travelers will find our hotel in Lexington close to many businesses. Within one mile, there are 23 major companies including Amazon.com, Coca-Cola Bottling, TAC AIR, FedEx and UPS. Within two miles, you'll find Rupp Arena and the University of Kentucky, the Lexington Convention Center and downtown Lexington.Our hotel is near the Keeneland Race Course, Red Mile Race Course is also nearby. The Kentucky Horse Park, located 10 minutes from our Lexington accommodations, offers museums and exhibits about horse racing, as well as a venue for equestrian and racing competitions. Downtown Lexington boasts museums, historic homes and unique shops. No matter what brings you to Lexington, our hotel offers guests premium amenities, including free high-speed, wireless Internet access and a free hot Express Start breakfast. You'll enjoy the lovely new rooms along with the well-equipped Fitness Center and heated pool that are open every day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lexington Northeast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Lexington Northeast
- Holiday Inn Express Lexington