“Nice quick stop - only hotel in area” 4 of 5 stars

2X HHonors Points!
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Lebanon
Certificate of Excellence 2014
TN
“Nice quick stop - only hotel in area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

Was nice overnight stay. Bed wasn't the most comfortable, but was acceptable for one night's sleep. Breakfast was great and lobby area very nice. Hotel was clean and very quite. No other choices in the area, but would recommend. While in town, start your Kentucky Bourbon Tour by visiting craft distillery Limestone Branch Distillery and Makers Mark Distillery. Visit the golf club for a great meal and Hennings downtown for a yummy quick lunch!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

We arrived at 3 am after driving 7 hours with 2 children. The hotel was booked due to Kentucky Jets event so we knew they were limited on beds and although we had requested 2 queens we had to take the 1 queen that was the only one available. When I asked for a rollaway we were told all were being used. Later, I found out this was without a doubt an outright untruth. Housekeeping had left a door opened and I spotted 3 rollaway beds the very next morning.
As soon as we arrived in the room, I found a bug on the bed (in plain sight). Although I already knew it was not a bed bug, the front desk tried reassuring me by saying "it's just a beetle, we have A LOT of these around because of the fields around us." NOT comforting. Sure enough, a 2nd one jumped on the kids shortly thereafter. The front desk assured us the manager would call us at 7 am. That didn't happen. At 9:30, we went to the front desk and the manager, Becky, assured us she was well aware of our situation. She offered us another room (2 doors down) but it was still only 1 bed. Unknown to her, our friends checked in that very day and received a room with 2 beds.
I was attempting to manage moving forward and just tried to enjoy our stay. I had no other complaints UNTIL check-out after 4 nights. Before offering another credit card, we specifically asked that if there would be a hold on the card that we reserved the room under. We were assured that if we wanted to put the room on a new card there would be absolutely no charges held on the initial card. So, we proceeded to charge a new card for the stay (I had to request a credit for the 1st night and was granted but surely they weren't offering even considering we had to move because of bugs!).
On our drive home, I checked my account and sure enough there was a hold on the initial card.
I called them immediately, Anthony (claimed to be a front desk manager) said he'd have Becky call me Monday. Becky called me Tues and left a voicemail saying it won't drop off for 72 hours which would be Wednesday. Wednesday came and went and it did NOT drop off.
Thursday, I called and left Becky a message letting her know it was not off of my card. She returned my call but my voicemail was filled. I called her back and she said she had just called the credit card company (I certainly didn't give her the number because I know that they don't take calls for this reason). She said they had told her it would be done within 20 minutes and that was an hour ago. I called the cc company immediately and the charges were still pending. They assured me that the only way it could be lifted at this point would be with a faxed letter from the Hampton Inn. I called Becky right back and she had left for the day.
Understand my frustration at this point, then it almost became comical. I got a front desk manager named Anthony but he kept telling me he wasn't the same Anthony I spoke to on Sunday and knew nothing of my situation. He said it must have been the other Anthony (trust me, there's NO other Anthony--who does this?) He had "no way" to contact Becky even though she had just left. He hung up on me twice. Said he couldn't access my account. I explained I didn't need him to access my account. I needed to get out letterhead and told him exactly what to type and fax. He said he didn't know where letterhead was and all these crazy, unprofessional things. It was like I was speaking to a little kid. I tried explaining that there were many travelers in our group who have been staying at the Hampton Inn every year for this event and I was trying to resolve this before writing any review. At some point, my boyfriend spoke to him and he seemed to change his attitude and tone. We figured this was a southern-chauvinist thing and wrapped up the call. I emailed Becky and informed her of what was going on. It is now over 24 hours later and I haven't heard from anyone at Hampton Inn.

On a positive note, the breakfast host was very pleasant and accommodating.

I'm not sure if they feel they can have this type of unprofessionalism because there are really no other options around this town and definitely the closest to Kentucky Jets event. Although we had made reservations for next year's event before we left, if they do not acknowledge this mess and do something to fix it not only will we not stay there but we will definitely share their practices with our friends so that this does not happen to them.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Becky E, General Manager at Hampton Inn Lebanon, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
It certainly was a trying week for you and the family! A couple of clarifications: You did speak to two different men at the Front Desk. They knew nothing of your issues so that does make it difficult for them to help you; Your first Credit Card was not charged. It was an authorization only. Upon your check out, you provided another credit card to actually charge for your stay. There was no way for us to release the authorization on the first card. It had to go thru the proper channels but I did make the cars to speed that up for you.
I will be looking forward to having you with us again next year! Just an FYI: remember the credit card you want to pay with, should be used at check in. This will eliminate all the issues you had this year. Thanks..
Fort Worth, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

Overall, this is a good chain hotel if you have to stay in the area. It has standard rooms and a small, free continental breakfast. The work out room is tiny but has brand new equipment (3 machines and 3 medicine balls).The staff is friendly and welcomed me by name when I walked in (very southern hospitality but also a sign of there not being many guests in at the time).
Lebanon as town really doesn't have much to see or do, so I wouldn't recommend stopping here. Your eating choices are 4 fast food spots and 2 restaurants. However, if you do have to stay in Lebanon, this hotel would be a fine choice.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Paducah KY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

Our intention was to stay in Bardstown. Unfortunately, that location was filled. It is a beautiful drive from Bardstown to Lebanon. But you are 30 minutes away from Bardstown, and this hotel sits in the middle of nowhere. While we were told the location is only 10 years old, it appears more dated. While the desk staff was friendly, the breakfast staff seemed elusive to anyone being in the area eating in terms of friendliness.

Lexington Ky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

The room was clean and bright, the staff was friendly and helpful, and the amenities such as free wi-fi, the heated indoor pool, and a full hot complimentary breakfast were top-notch. The government rate is a bargain - make sure to ask for it if you are qualified.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Port Charlotte FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Hotel was nice, room was good, only concern was the bathroom. I've never seen such a dirty shower edge. It made me want to get down and clean it! I can't believe that the cleaning person doesn't see this when they clean the room and bathroom. I think we had an older room, the rest was clean, just the shower area was not great.

Room Tip: You need to be a member with status in order to get a good room.