“Nice hotel for Weekend Stay” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Jeffersontown
New
“Nice hotel for Weekend Stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

We stayed here for the KY Derby. This hotel was perfect for our group. We had a large group and we shared 2 rooms. The amenities were pretty decent, the pool was nice, the staff was friendly. We enjoyed our time here. The hotel is a bit far out from Chuchill Downs and downtown, but we knew what we were getting into.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Donna T, Area Sales Manager at Comfort Suites East, responded to this review, May 29, 2012
Thank you very much for the nice review. We are glad to hear that you and your group had a most enjoyable stay. When you return to the Louisville area we look forward to having you and your group as our guests.

Kindest regards,

Donna Thompson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
CT
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

I found this hotel very decent, and well-located near several moderate restaurants. Room was quiet and clean.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Donna T, Area Sales Manager at Comfort Suites East, responded to this review, May 8, 2012
Thank you for the nice review. We're glad you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Our location is great with the many restaurants located nearby and the largest shopping malls in Louisville just a few miles away. Easy interstate access is also a plus. Thank you for choosing Comfort
Suites East and when you return to our area we look forward to you being our guest.
Wadesville, Indiana, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

We stayed at this hotel as part of a group. Looking at the web page this looked like a nice place, not so in person. The stairwell smelled musty. The shower in our room #217 was moldy around the the top as well as the paper peeling, towels used to be white. Bed comforter was stained, privacy curtain would not close all the way had to be pinned. We had taken carryout food to room and trash can was to small to hold it, not wanting it to set in the room all night I took it to the front desk to throw away. They didn't take it, but told me there was a trash can outside by the door ( this is winter time). I also asked for another blanket for the second bed in our room (was not using stained comforter) and was given the third degree. As for breakfast the woman working seemed to be hoovering.(I can make a waffle using the waffle iron by myself, I'm 40plus)

Just so you know I wasn't the only room in our group to have problems. Many said they did not have hot water for the morning shower.

Search for some where else to stay.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Donna T, KY Area Sales Manager at Comfort Suites East, responded to this review, March 7, 2012
Thank you so much for your review. We use our Trip Advisor comments as training tools for our staff and take them very seriously. We apologize that the hotel fell below your expectations. The General Manager has met with the appropriate departments to assure that your concerns were addressed and corrected. We do hope that on your next visit to our area you will give the Comfort Suites another chance to exceed your expectations.

Best Regards,
Tampa, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

We travel to Louisville often to visit famiily and we have stayed at this hotel in the past and been pleased. It is a convenient location for us and that is the ONLY thing good I can say about this recent experience. The first room smelled so musty I looked at the a/c vents and they had mold. We requested another room and it was better although still smelled musty whenever we turned on the a/c. I wish we had immediately left and found another hotel but we did not have time so we ended up staying there for three nights. Fortunately we only had to go there to shower and sleep. The dust ruffle on the bed was torn, the hallway carpets had holes, there was dirt and trash in the stairwells that was there all weekend. They never once even vacuumed the carpet at the entrance to the hotel. The vending machine on our floor was out of order. My husband used the exercise room and the equipment was in poor repair. I actually wondered if a dog had urinated in one stairwell because it smelled so bad.We had to have our keys reprogrammed three times. I told the girl at the desk that maybe the lock just needed a battery (this has happened in other hotels) and she said "we just seem to have trouble with our locks". Our general impression was that maybe they are selling this hotel to another chain or something because it seems as if they are making absolutely no effort to maintain it in any way. When I said something to the front desk manager about how dirty we found the hotel she just said she was sorry---I don't think it is the first time she's heard it. We stayed here at the end of a three week trip and this was by far the worst hotel. We are not super picky and we are members of Choice Privileges. This hotel is an embarrassment to the chain.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
RDOSWIP, Regional Director of Sales at Comfort Suites East, responded to this review, November 4, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write this review of our hotel. We apologize that our property fell below your expectations. We do have a new General Manager in place and believe that he has made a huge difference at our location. We take our Trip Advisor reviews very seriously and use them as a training tool for our staff. We do hope that the next time you are in our area that you will give us another try. Again that you for your review. Best Regards, Cindy Addison, Regional Director of Sales
Fulton, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011 via mobile

Room and bathroom were clean and stocked. We travel as a pack of 6 so finding a room that won't bust the budget is a challenge. The beds were smaller than we would have liked but we knew that on the front end. We were told on the phone we could have a roll away bed which was not delivered and not available once we got there. All in all it was a descent room for one night that didn't cost a ton. If you plan on using the pull out, make sure to get your sheets from the desk as they are not in the room.

• Stayed July 2011
Donna T, Area Sales Manager at Comfort Suites East, responded to this review, April 20, 2012
Thank you for your review. We are glad you and your family enjoyed your stay. we hope that when you come back to our area you will chose to stay with us again.

Best Regards,
Area Sales Manager
Columbia, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

I called Hotels.com to ask a question about Comfort Inn Louisville, which had a 4 1/2 star rating, and ended up mistakenly getting a non-refundable reservation at this place for $5.00 more than the room at the other place (It was late). It is falling apart, and the staff seem dreary and beat down. We got put in room 225 next to the laundry room and stairwell at the far end of the hall from the elevator. The door to the stairwell does not close without banging against the doorjam, making a loud noise every 2-5 minutes when someone uses it. The exit at the end of the hall on the first floor is broken and will not open.The carpet is gross. The blanket in my non-smoking room has cigarette burns in it. I could not log on to the wi-fi, and when I tried to call the front desk, I learned the phone has no dial tone. Fortunately, I was able to connect through a nearby hotel's wi-fi. I am afraid to eat breakfast here tomorrow morning. I will never stay here again, and my wife is ready to drive from hotel to hotel the old fashioned way rather than let me use Trip Advisor and hotel.com again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2011 via mobile

Stayed here last night and thought it looked clean...until I noticed a few small live bugs in my bed. Didn't look like bed bugs...but still Bugs! Eew. However, nice location and quiet.

• Stayed July 2011

Been to Comfort Suites East? Share your experiences!