“No hot water” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn & Suites Horse Cave

Quality Inn & Suites Horse Cave
You added Quality Inn & Suites Horse Cave to your Saves list
Quality Inn & Suites Horse Cave
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   425 Flint Ridge Road, PO Box 332, Horse Cave, KY 42749 (Formerly Country Hearth Inn Horse Cave)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Horse Cave
Boulder, Colorado
“No hot water”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

No hot wate at 7:30 am. No hot water at 9:00 am . Lied to by the management, Kim Adwell. I had to squeeze an inadequate compensation out of her. A room with a hot tub in it is fairly useless without hot water. Lightng hit the hotel breakers and blew outs only the hot water breakers. Nothing else's. Uh, right.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
KimKY282, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Horse Cave, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Cathy,

Thanks for taking the time to give us feedback and that you have shared your experience with us. Direct feedback from our customers, both good and bad, is the most valuable advice we can receive. It allows us to recognize our areas of weakness and make appropriate adjustments to our services and processes.

I apologize for the issue with the hot water heaters, the power surge caused the breakers to trip then on top of that we had 2 fuses to go out, I had called my maintenance team in early and they had the problem resolved within an hour. I hope that the 50% discount has compensated you for this inconvenience.

We hope that your next stay with us will better meet our standard of excellence.

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2015

The hotels is going through major restoration. Our room was super clean. The bed was extremely comfortable. The tv was a nice flat screen. They have a continental breakfast. They have a fridge and microwave in our room and a tiny coffee pot. The staff was friendly. The area around has seen better days. It is very close to Manmoth Caves National Park. Also very close to a Cracker Barrel which our family loves.

Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your candid review of your recent stay at our hotel. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us, as we strive to improve with each and every stay. I greatly appreciate your comments about aspects of the room. I will share your compliments with the staff.

Hope to see you back again soon at the Quality Inn & Suites in Horse Cave, KY.
Hamilton Ontario Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2015

My wife and I stayed at this hotel in February 2015. This place has seen better days and we started off with a decently cleaned room the first night. The cold winds did blow through the door due to an unsuitable lining. We got back from visiting the Mammoth Caves the second day to be informed our room had been moved due to pipes bursting but our room was a $12.00 upgrade and was right next to the one that had flooded. We walked into our old room with some of our items still on the wet soaked rug, including our two violins, which luckily were in their cases. There was no hot running water for the second night. The logic of the manager was they would discount the $12.00 because they had upgraded our room ! We ended up getting 20% off our total bill. Ridiculous !!!

Room Tip: Don't stay here. Stay in Cave City where there are more hotels, or Bowling Green.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Please allow me this opportunity to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. That winter storm we had was one for the record books and I am pleased to let you know that we have made adjustments and preparations if this happens again in the future.
You willingness to share your thoughts is appreciated. We are committed to providing our guests with the highest quality services and facilities. I hope you will come back soon to see our great improvements!

long beach,ms
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2014

the room was gross. the carpet was filthy with pet stains, no drain plugs in either the tub or sink, the tub did not drain. I would never go back. The only good thing was the woman at the desk was very nice.

Room Tip: Hampton Inn is right across the street
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Miranda42749, Owner at Quality Inn & Suites Horse Cave, responded to this review, January 20, 2015
Sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy the stay at our hotel. Its quiet understandable as we have new owners and new management. We are opened as Quality inn and Suites last week and renovated all rooms. We have everything new in the rooms and serving hot breakfast as well. We hope you will give us one chance to serve you and show you how much we care for our guests and we appreciate your business too. We are sure you will like the rooms and enjoy the stay next time you stay at our quality inn and suites. Hope to see you soon.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

I got into town looking for a WiFi connection so I could do some business. After waiting for something like an hour for the connection, I got amazingly good internet, but it was spotty. The hotel is a bit outdated and the area looks like it has seen better days. It's better than roughing it in a tent and got me the WiFi I needed. The staff was very friendly.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Huntsville, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

To be fair, the place appeared to be undergoing some major renovation when we stopped for the night without a reservation. Although, there were no workers there when we arrived or when we left the next morning, so the renovation isn't on a very tight schedule. The overall impression I got was that possibly the hotel owner was doing the renovations himself.

Half or more of the rooms appeared to be closed to guests, so in a way we were lucky to get a room. And, the advertised rate of $39.99 for a single would have been hard to beat. The only two nearby options were a fairly new-looking H. Inn - which would likely have been well over $90/night, and a chain campground adjacent to the hotel grounds where cabins were over $110 for the night. So, we took a chance. Overall, I'd have to say I've stayed in worse places but I probably wouldn't stay here again - at least not until the renovations are done.

The pool looked great, but despite the fact that some guy was out there early the next morning skimming it and despite the fact that the sign on the gate said the pool opened at 10:00, the pool was never unlocked. No biggie. Like I said, we were just there to get off the highway and get a night's sleep. Just seemed weird. The pool was by far the nicest aspect of the property but it was locked up.

The night staff gave us a huge handicapped-accessible room - sort of tucked out of sight where you probably wouldn't even know there was a room. That was nice, but it was pretty run-down. And, worst of all, there were at least 4 dead bugs on the bathroom floor. Better than live bugs, but you'd think the housekeeping staff might have swept up the bodies earlier in the day. It's not like they were that busy. I think there were maybe 5 cars in the entire parking lot - and at least one of them had to belong to a hotel employee.

The $39.99 single rate added up to closer to $70 by the time they added my wife and two kids, plus taxes. But, still cheaper than a cabin at the campground.

The Horse Cave exit area is hardly what you'd call a "destination." The restaurant next to the hotel is closed and up for sale. The gas station next door is also abandoned and is being used to store some road-building stuff. There is a Gulf station just down the road about 1/4 mile. Beyond that is a nearly empty mall of which the only tenant appears to be an adult bookstore. If you've driven through this section of I65, you've seen the huge "Adult" sign. Even after renovation, it's hard to imagine why anybody would ever stop here. But, I have a guess.

I peeked in one of the rooms being renovated and it seems like maybe they're going toward a jacuzzi focus at this hotel. All things considered, I sort of get the impression that when renovations are done - if ever - they'll be targeting truckers and that possibly some of the local girls will be available for hot-tub companionship. Just a guess.

Room Tip: Given that over half of the rooms appeared to be in some state of renovation or repair, just ask for...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Indianapolis, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

This hotel is ok, run down but ok to stay for a night or two. The folks that run the place was really nice. The breakfast was nothing special, standard fare of cereal, oatmeal and toast. Only problem I was getting the Wi-Fi to work. Took several resets and it finally came up.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Horse Cave? Share your experiences!