“Wild Cave Tour” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 4 Attractions in Horse Cave
Type: Museums
Activities: Kayaking
More attraction details
Owner description: Take an in-depth look at the fascinating world of caves as you journey through gigantic subterranean chambers made out of limestone.After you explore the underground, try out the aerial view from our new zipline and rappel!
Redford, Michigan
“Wild Cave Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

In mid-July my Boy Scout group took the 5 hour wild cave tour. We had an amazing time! I was very happy with the staff I spoke with when making reservations everything was made very easy. Gary was our guide and did a great job. He was friendly, experienced, and treated us all with a great amount of respect. The tour itself was awesome. We walked, crawled, squeezed, shimmied, and waded, through and over rocks, sand, mud, and water all being lit by the lights on our helmets. The tour is not a walk in the park but is not overly technical and difficult. A moderate level of fitness is required. (They do offer a shorter wild tour which would be bit easier and a general walking tour which is easiest.) I would highly recommend the wild tours for the advid adventurer, looking for a taste of caving, all the way through the typical tourist looking for a unique adventure. There were 18 of us that went varying from 14 to 50 years old and we all had a fantastic experience. Thank you Gary and thank you Hidden River Caves/American Cave Museum.

Crown Point, Indiana, United States
“My kids first cave experience was great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

The tour guide and other staff were very informative and friendly. We were the only family on our tour and our tour guide really catered to my two girls (11 and 9). He even turned the lights off at the request of my nine year old because she wanted to experience total darkness. This tour really got my girls excited about seeing more caves on our trip.

Louisville, Kentucky
“Very Helpful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

My husband and I came to this location in hopes of taking a cave tour but after talking to them we found that there were alot of stairs which is something we can't do but no problem they told us of another cave to go to. They not only were helpful with that but treated the kids like they were just as important. I can't say enough about them. Our stay vacation was truly enjoyed by visiting this museum.

Ohio
7 attraction reviews
“Put this on your list of places you must visit!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

We visited the Hidden River Cave and American Cave Museum and loved it! My children enjoyed the museum, especially the downstairs area about cave life. The cave tour was great- we liked Kyle, our guide. The entrance is truly a wonderful photo op, just as advertised. The tour itself was very interesting and enjoyable and on a hot 100+ degree day, it felt wonderful! It was my youngest children's first visit to a cave and they really liked it a lot. We would love to go back again!

atlanta
6 attraction reviews
“Enjoy the cave tour and museum”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

We look around the museum and did the cave tour. Very informative and enjoyable. Like the tour guide who is very knowledgeable about this cave and nearby area caves.
Must stop or first stop when visiting cave country.
Seen few eyeless and regular crayfish and also cave dwelling fishes.

Thanks gary