“Good Value for the Money” 4 of 5 stars

Special Price
3-Night Stays: Save 15%
Ranked #5 of 6 hotels in Hopkinsville
Kansas City, Missouri
“Good Value for the Money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Our party of 7 stayed here on a Thursday night in route to Atlanta. One party arrived early evening, the other at 3:30 in the morning. We found the staff to be friendly, polite and super efficient (other than the person working the 3:30 shift had a slower pace but who doesn't at that time of day!). Our room was clean and everything worked including the pool and hot tub. Breakfast was more than we expected and included eggs, sausage, waffles, fresh fruit, yogurt and more. As others have commented, the elevator is so slow you may think it's stuck and the tub floors are super slick.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Deanna_GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Hopkinsville, responded to this review, September 22, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We strive to provide 100% customer service and I am pleased to hear that we met those expectations for you. I am also happy to hear that you enjoyed our new hot breakfast! We appreciate your feedback from your stay. If you have any additional comments or feedback, please feel free to contact me directly at 270-886-5151.

32 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Cumming, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I stayed in this hotel as a stop over for a single night. This hotel is near to the highway which is easy to find out. But the hotel was not in par with other fairfield inn hotels I stayed earlier. The front desk was helpful, but the rooms were very dirty and full of dust. Our tub was also not working properly. In a small city like Hopkinsville, KY we expected a better standard for the hotel. Since I was running short of time for my travel, I did not complain or make a huge noise out of all these difficulties.
Breakfast was just OK.

I will not recommend any body to stay in these hotel, unless it is very cheap compared to the other accomodations. I don't think it will happen.
So stay away from this property

Room Tip: Stay away from these hotel if possible
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Deanna_GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Hopkinsville, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We strive for 100% customer service satisfaction and I apologize we fell short of this during your stay. I am happy to hear that my staff service met your expectations. However, that doesn't make up for the lack of cleanliness that you encountered. I have already discussed your review and feedback with my staff and management team and we are taking the proper steps to ensure this doesn't occur again in the future. Again, I do deeply apologize.

Thank you for your valid feedback. If you wish to offer additional feedback or comments, please feel free to reach out to me directly at 270-886-5151.

My Best,
Deanna, General Manager

Travelers are raving about these Hopkinsville hotels

Rousseau, Kentucky, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

All staff at this hotel were friendly and eager to help. We stayed in a King Suite and I thought it was very clean. The elevator is a little scary because it takes forever to open. We did not take part in the continental breakfast, so I can not comment on that.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We strive to provide 100% customer service and I am pleased to hear that we met those expectations for you. If you have any additional comments or feedback, please feel free to contact me directly at 270-886-5151.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I stayed at the Fairfield because I got the best price for the room. When we arrived - the hotel front desk was no where to be seen - but they had a camera in back - so someone came out to help me soon enough.

I was given a King Suite (which basically is a bigger room with pull out sofa). The room immediately had a musty smell to it - but then again - the hotel had a smell to it. Even though it says no smoking - you could tell some people were smoking in their rooms.

They had an indoor pool - or what I would like to call a "chlorine pond" that was the size of the normal Embassy Suites pool - and a whirlpool that didn't work.

The breakfast had many unhealthy offerings for kids and adults alike - and a small eating area - which on weekends - with people traveling - make it very hard to find a place. The lady trying to keep it clean and stocked did a great job as most people visiting the hotel just made a mess in the area.

Would I stay there again? If I had to pay a higher rate - stay at the Hampton or Comfort Suites (hot breakfast) and higher ratings - Even the Best Western beat this hotel.

It's in needed of carpet needing to be replaced - and some type of updating to the bathtubs. The cleaning solution they use on the plastic tubs make them very slick. I'm just waiting for someone to fall and break a hip.

Overall - a 5 out of 6 possible choices is deserving - whoever manages this place needs to do an update.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Deanna_GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Hopkinsville, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I want to personally thank you for you review. I appreciate the opportunity to have the opinions of each guest and I, along with my management team, take each review very seriously. Although we are an older property, we do strive to meet our guest expectations in cleanliness and service.

I am happy to hear that you were given a complimentary upgrade. However, I do apologize for any smoke smell that you encountered. We are a non-smoking hotel and take any violations of such policy very seriously. Although we know some guest will violate a policy here and there, we do our best to minimize it while helping other guest enjoy their stay. I am so very sorry that this was not the case for you during this trip.

I apologize you were dissatisfied with the pool. Please know that we do follow all KY state laws regarding the amount of chlorine and disinfectant that is placed in the pool. In addition, we ensure these levels are kept at the required readings by checking them three times a day, at minimum.

Again, I apologize for any inconvience you encountered during your stay. I would like to inform you that, not only are we moving to a hot breakfast with healthier options, but we are scheduled for a complete renovation! We are so excited about this, and we hope you are too!

We do strive for 100% customer service here at Hopkinsville. In which, I would love to speak with you in more detail regarding your stay. At your convenience, please contact me directly at 270-886-5151.

Hammonton, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

I am a Platinum member at Marriott so understand the hotel chain well. You expect a standard when staying there. This Fairfield Inn is the worst I have seen. The staff is good, don't get me wrong, but the hotel itself is in complete disrepair. If you have to stay there avoid the elevator!

Room Tip: Get a high room or any families with children will keep you up. Stay away from the elevator. Bring...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Deanna_GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Hopkinsville, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I want to personally thank you for you review. I take the opinions of each guest very seriously, and there's no difference when it comes to your review. Although we are an older property, we do strive to meet our guest expectations in cleanliness and service. I apologize for any inconvience you encountered during your stay and would like to inform you that we are scheduled for a complete renovation.

We strive for 100% customer service here at Hopkinsville. In which, I would love to speak with you in more detail regarding your stay. At your convenience, please contact me directly at 270-886-5151.

Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel annually for about ten years, on our way north and south, and our recent visit was not as good as previous ones. While the room was clean and pretty comfortable, the bed was very soft and the mattresses probably had reached the end of their lifecycle. The breaskast area was very small and cramped, and the waffle maker was not present ( because it was a weekend?) A shirtless and shoeless man sat in the breakfast area with no staff intervention. One poor staff member seemed to be responsible for replenshing all of the breakfast food, and handling the front desk as well.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Deanna_GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Hopkinsville, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I want to personally thank you for your comments, as our guests' opinions truly matter to us. I deeply apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay. Although we try to accomodate every guest, we do require shoes and shirts to be worn during breakfast. I apologize that this was not what you observed during your stay. This was not up to your standards, and I assure you that it was not up to ours. I would like to inform you that we are taking steps to improve our service to avoid situations like this in the future.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your room. We strive for 100% customer service here at Hopkinsville. In which, I would love to speak with you in more detail. At your convenience, please contact me directly at 270-886-5151.

Much Appreciation,
Bowling Green, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I booked the room through a secondary "name your price" type website and was pleased with the price. However, after winning the "bid" and reading the reviews here I was skeptical. I immediately called the hotel to request a king room and find out if all facilities (pool ,etc.) were in working order and if there was any construction on the property. The desk clerk was incredibly friendly and very accommodating.

I arrived by 11:30 a.m., much earlier than the 3 p.m. check in to find no trouble with check-in. Additionally, I found my name on the board as a "special guest of the day" and received a gift bag of snacks and sundry items. What a nice surprise! Again, I had a great experience with the desk clerk, who accompanied me to my room and immediately brought a roll away bed. The room was quite large and clean. There was complimentary bottled water, a bag of popcorn and hard candy sitting on the bed. Another nice surprise! I was very pleased to find a refrigerator, microwave, and a pull out couch, which eliminated the need for the roll away bed. The clerk was very patient and kind in taking the roll away from my room and also made sure the pull out couch was working properly. She later called our room to make sure everything was satisfactory and returned to our room with additional sheets, pillows, etc. for the pull out.

The pool, whirlpool and weight room were clean and well maintained. There were plenty of towels in the pool area. The complimentary breakfast was fully stocked with all the standards of a continental breakfast, including fruits, breads, cereals, breakfast sandwiches, milks, juices and even a waffle station.

I was very pleased with our stay at the Fairfield Inn and Suites and will not hesitate to stay there again in the future. I encountered nothing but the most polite and professional staff during my stay. That's a rarity these days.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Deanna_GM, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Hopkinsville, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and was given satisfactory service. We strive for 100% customer service here at Hopkinsville – and I am pleased that we have met those expectations. Thank you, very much, as we truly do appreciate your thoughtful appreciation. It makes our hearts smile to know that wonderful guests, like you and your family, enjoyed their stay and our service.

Thank you for visiting us in Hopkinsville. We look forward to your next visit with us. If there is anything I can do in the meantime, please feel free to contact me directly.

Much Appreciation,
Deanna, General Manager

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Hopkinsville? Share your experiences!