“Good Staff'/Avg Room but clean/bad restaurant policy for gold members” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Doubletree Cincinnati Airport Hotel

You added Doubletree Cincinnati Airport Hotel to your Saves list
Doubletree Cincinnati Airport Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2826 Terminal Drive, Hebron, KY 41048 (Formerly Sheraton Hotel Cincinnati Airport)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Hebron
Fort Myers, Florida
“Good Staff'/Avg Room but clean/bad restaurant policy for gold members”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Stayed one night. The staff were very nice and efficient/room was average doubletree but I was surprised you could not hear any airport noise. The bad rub came with the complementary breakfast voucher policy for HH gold members. You could order off the menu except for corned beef hash or eggs benedict.($14 each) but you could get the American breakfast ($12). I asked if I could pay the difference and was told no...I would be charged the full price of the benedict. This is just a bad policy and should be changed. The breakfast (American) was very good by the way as was the service.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Albuquerque, New Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

I had to stay here because I was turning in a rental car at Hertz and riding my bicycle from here. My main concern is that the prices are outrageous (over twice the price of equivalents) and the room is nothing special. The restaurant is overpriced and the food is mediocre. As a "discount" the desk clerk said I didn't have to pay for wifi. Big deal. All other hotels (and I have stayed at more than 60) do NOT charge for wifi. Service in the restaurant is slow, portions are small, and the staff seems to be floating around in a trance. The only thing going for this hotel is the location if you happen to be stuck at the airport. I suspect that not many people will be riding a bicycle after turning in a rental car like I was, so I recommend you give the Doubletree a miss. If the service and quality had been commensurate with the cost, I would not have had such a negative evaluation, but this place is a complete gyp. Nothing here is worth what they charge.

Room Tip: Get a room at another hotel!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
CincinnatiManager, Manager at Doubletree Cincinnati Airport Hotel, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Thank you for your review. I understand that you were dissatisfied with our prices and that you found them to be too expensive. We are actively looking for ways keep costs low and offer enhanced services for your comfort and convenience and will definitely keep you review in mind.

Again, I do thank you for your review and sincerely apologize for any inconveniences you may have gone through.
Charlotte,Nc, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

room shower dirty, room never got clean. Staff ery unfriendly. No one showed up to clean room till after 4 pm. Was told that vacant rooms are done first. Makes you feel like the customer that are there are put on back burner

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

We upset to find out what had happened while you were staying with us during the wedding weekend. Your experience and comments are something we will use to improve our guests' stays in the future here at the Doubletree. Again thank you for giving us the chance and trying us out. We only hope that when all is said and done you will give us another opportunity to show you what we are truely about.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Landed at CVG airport at midnight. Called shuttle while walking through terminal. Was waiting for me by the time I reached the curb. < 2 minutes to airport. Newly renovated in nearly every area -- however for whatever reason, it appears they did not update the room hallway carpet and lighting -- which makes no sense when looking at the extent of the other renovations. Shuttle driver drove me to rental car facility in morning (vs. having to go back to airport) which was much appreciated. If you need a quick, convenient stay at CVG, this cannot be beat. Prices are at a premium though for the convenience.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Santa Clarita, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

The room we had in this hotel smelt of mold and they refused to move us. They simply sprayed the room with some lysol. A maintenance guy told me not to worry, it's the water from the ac units dripping that causes the musty smell. He didn't think water leaking on carpet for a long period of time would cause mold... what? The bathroom was also dirty and we had to clean it ourselves before our kids could use it (that has happened before

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

CincinnatiManager, Manager at Doubletree Cincinnati Airport Hotel, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Let me begin by thanking you for choosing our hotel. We very much appreciate your business.

Please accept my apologies for the concerns that you have raised in your review. I was both surprised and deeply disappointed by your recount of your experience with us. I am so sorry that that there was a maintenance issue in your room and that this caused an unpleasant moldy smell. This is totally unacceptable and I assure that this I have already spoken to our maintenance crew to fix this issue.

Your business is very important to us and I sincerely hope that you give us another opportunity and consider returning again. In the meantime, if I can be of any assistance, please feel free to contact me. We are always listening to our guests!
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

This hotel is one of my favorites. Conveniently located at the airport, it makes rental car pickup and return so easy. It's a very quiet hotel. The staff is very courteous, friendly and helpful. I also like the unique aviation décor. The hotel has a very warm environment.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed at the CVG Doubletree at least 5-8 times over the past few years - it's always clean and comfy, the staff are incredibly helpful and friendly, and I love walking in and smelling the cookies. My most recent visit was a little disappointing though - although I paid more than on previous trips, the room I was placed in felt a bit tired and was quite near the runway (not great when the freight planes start departing after 1am, noisy). Also, they were charging like $14 for wifi use, which is really outdated. In the same week, I stayed at a much grander hotel (free wifi) and a complete budget motel (also free wifi), so I really expected more from the doubletree. I'm headed back that way tomorrow and based on my most recent experience, I've chosen to stay elsewhere.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Doubletree Cincinnati Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!