“Great hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Doubletree Cincinnati Airport Hotel

You added Doubletree Cincinnati Airport Hotel to your Saves list
Doubletree Cincinnati Airport Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2826 Terminal Drive, Hebron, KY 41048 (Formerly Sheraton Hotel Cincinnati Airport)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
2X Points Package!
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Hebron
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Lucasville,OH
“Great hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

My husband and I stayed here on the night before we left for vacation. We liked it so well that we stayed again on the return flight. The staff was very friendly. The room was excellent, the bed was very comfortable. We ate an excellent breakfast on the return visit.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

On airport grounds, two minutes by shuttle, renovated, great beds, better-than-average room service and cuisine, immaculate. Free parking and wii-fi. Pleasant and helpful front desk. Heating and A/C worked well.

Lubbock, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

We had an early flight scheduled out of CVG airport. The doubletree was the perfect location to avoid a rush in the morning. Rooms were relatively renovated, but still the hotel had an old feel to it, low ceilings, noisy a/c and heating units under the windows. HD flat screens, new paint and furniture do not turn a 60s hotel into a new property....
We did not visit the restaurant or any other facilities at this hotel. Normally Doubletree is supposed to greet you with fresh cookies, didn't happen at our check-in.
It was ok and convenient for our purposes, the noisy and smelly heating unit was annoying, but we were too tired to complain or change rooms....Would only stay here if I need to be that close to the airport.

Room Tip: check your room and your a/c unit in the room before you settle in. Ours was very noisy and smelly.
Lakeland, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

This hotel is rated 3.5 stars, but I've had better experiences at rinky dink Holiday Inns.

Pros: The beds are comfortable and the parking and wifi are free. They have a nice little business center with computers and a printer.

Cons: the whirlpool has been turned into a planter. Seriously. One thing I enjoy when traveling on business is a nice soak in the hot tub.

The buffet breakfast was overpriced and disappointing.

We returned from a business meeting to find our keys didn't work. Both rooms. Desk clerk acted as if it was our fault, she said the keys can be deactivated by car keys, etc. Really? Both rooms? No apology was offered, it was totally unprofessional.

The TV gets about 10 stations, and a couple of them are fuzzy. They aggressively push their on-demand offerings, and it's difficult to even figure out how to get to "free" television stations. Hint: channel up button a couple of times.

Overall our stay is very disappointing and not at all what we expected. Unfortunately we flew here on short notice and all the good downtown hotels are completely full due to a convention, I thought being 3.5 stars this place would be nice, but in retrospect I would've booked a Comfort Inn,

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
CincinnatiManager, Manager at Doubletree Cincinnati Airport Hotel, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
We’re sorry we didn’t provide the high quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we have addressed the issues you mentioned. We try to make each guest experience a great one at our hotel and your satisfaction is important to us. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you’ll give us another opportunity soon to make your stay the best it can be.
Whiteland, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Very quiet, especially for how close it is to the airport. As usual, beds are comfortable, rooms nice - but a few improvements could be made. An in-room fridge would have been wonderful, there is an on-site restaurant, but very little as far as snacks, etc., in the lobby. There are no nearby grocery stores, etc., so we had to make a special trip to get some snacks. Pool was a bit cold, just an increase of a few degrees would have made a huge difference. We stayed two nights - but after the first night, our room key was deactivated for some reason - and we had to have it reactivated at the front desk.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us at our hotel. We appreciate your candid review of our property. New perspectives about our hotel and our guestroom help us make improvements to our guest experience on an ongoing basis. Please share any additional comments or suggestions with us any time.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Amazing airport hotel. We certainly enjoyed our stay at this Doubletree. As a hilton gold, I have come to expect comfortable rooms and great service from this Hilton chain. This hotel did not disappoint or room was spacious, nicely decorated and very comfortable. The room rate was one of the best rate we have seen for a long time. The food and service in the restaurant was exceptional. I would recommend this hotel for anyone looking for an outstanding hotel at a very reasonable rate.

Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

I booked this hotel because I had an early morning flight out of the Cincinnati airport. I booked on Priceline for $50. It is actually the closest hotel to the airport and offers a free shuttle bus to the airport starting at 4:30am each morning. All you do is go to the lobby 10 minutes before you want to take the shuttle. I went to the lobby at 5:30 am and the shuttle bus was waiting. A hotel staff person helped me load my heavy suitcases and even directed me to the coffee area for a free cup of coffee if I wanted one before I left for the airport. The hotel does NOT offer a free breakfast, so I didn't miss out. The cookies the hotel give to guests upon check-in have walnuts in them, so I was allergic. This was not pointed out to me, so I was glad that I read the ingredient list just in case. This fact should be pointed out to guests, especially to those with children, as nut allergies are becoming more common and some are quite serious. The room was very good with one king size bed. The mattress and pillows were comfortable. The water pressure in the shower was good and the bathroom was spotlessly clean. I also liked the crabtree and evelyn soaps and shampoos that were provided. The temperature control in the room worked well, after I figured out how to use it and the wake-up call provided did it's job getting me up at such an early hour. All in all, I highly recommend this hotel for being near the airport for early morning flights out or late night flights into Cincinnati. Try to book on priceline.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Been to Doubletree Cincinnati Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!