“Disappointing” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Doubletree Cincinnati Airport Hotel

You added Doubletree Cincinnati Airport Hotel to your Saves list
Doubletree Cincinnati Airport Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2826 Terminal Drive, Hebron, KY 41048 (Formerly Sheraton Hotel Cincinnati Airport)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
2X Points Package!
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Hebron
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Mount Juliet, Tennessee
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

After a long day and arriving around 9:30 pm, I was ready to call it a day. I was promptly given a room key and upon entering the room, I couldn’t handle the horrid smell. Called the front desk and asked for another room, that this one stinks. Went back to the front desk and they had another room key ready and provided an internet passcode for my trouble. Arrived at the room and the key wouldn’t work. Went back to the front desk and they were quite apologetic and sent a staff member with me to ensure I could enter the room and was happy. My feet weren’t at this point. On the positive, the bed was quite comfortable and the warm cookie provided was appreciated. Had breakfast at the hotel and was shocked at the $3.00 price for my iced tea.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
CincinnatiManager, Manager at Doubletree Cincinnati Airport Hotel, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Thank you for sharing feedback on your recent visit to our hotel. We apologize for the odor you encountered upon entering your first room and we’re taking steps to make sure this is not a recurring issue. I am glad we were able to find you an acceptable room and apologize for the inconvenience. We know that travel can be stressful, and we try hard to make sure all our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. We hope you’ll stay with us again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

I have stayed here more than 50 nights in the past year, and I will say the good things first:
-the beds are very comfortable
-its conveniently located
-gym is okay
-good bartender

Myself, and other colleagues, have had items stolen out of their rooms here while gone during the day. This includes laptops, jewelry, and watches, (my own watch included). I NEVER leave any valuables in the room anymore and I learned this lesson the hard way.
This is very unprofessional and could be a sign that the staff is underpaid or unproperly trained.

Also, keep a tab on your credit card charges. I understand they hold $50 on the credit card when you check in, which is fine. But the hotel charged my card incorrect amounts at least twice for days that I didn't even stay with them, and once for food I never ate.

Oh and breakfast is overpriced and the wooden closets smell SUPER musty and gross in every room that I've been in.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
CincinnatiManager, Manager at Doubletree Cincinnati Airport Hotel, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Thank you for posting feedback recapping your experiences with us. I am disturbed to hear of the events you described and hope you will accept my sincere apologies. Theft of any kind is not tolerated at our hotel and we will be reminding all staff of this important standing. All comments and suggestions we receive from our guests are taken very seriously and we will share your experience with our security team for further review. In the future, if there is ever an incorrect charge made to your card, please let the front desk know immediately so that we can correct it and hopefully keep it from becoming an issue. Again, I’m very sorry about the inconvenience you experienced and if I may be of any help please feel free to contact me directly
Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Booked this hotel since we were flying out of Greater Cincinnati Airport. It is literally a very few minutes away by shuttle transport. The staff is very welcoming and the chocolate chip cookiescgiven at check in aren't bad either:)!! We were upgraded both stays (departing and arriving from trip). Rooms spacious and bed super comfortable with nice linens. Very, very quiet!!! Did not hear any air or road traffic. Or sounds from other people staying here. Another huge plus was being able to leave our car in their lot at no charge for the 11 days we were gone. Transfer from airport back to hotel is easily arranged by phone at baggage retrieval area. There is an on site restaurant which is pricey as places like this tend to be. But food not bad and, again, very convenient.

Room Tip: Rooms at both stays were very good. Ask for van upgrade!!
Long Beach
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

I had a much different impression of the hotel than many of the reviews I read. My most significant issue occurred shortly after I had checked in, I was tired from a full week of my business trip, and had fallen asleep late in the afternoon. I had deadbolted and security latched the door before removing my business clothes and laying down on the bed to watch tv. Some time later, I was wakened by the sound of someone trying to open the door, but then he went away. Several minutes after that, he came back with a pass key that also allowed him open the deadbolt, and he opened the door against the safety latch. At that point he announced he was the bellman, and I told him to go away. A few minutes later, the manager on duty called to apologize for the interruption, and I told him that the bellman had not told him the entire story about finding the door deadbolted and obtaining a key that would open the deadbolt, when he should have realized that meant a guest was in the room and didn't want to be disturbed. To me, this shows a lack of training to respect the privacy and security of guests who have deadbolted their doors.

The convenience of this hotel (within walking distance of the CVG terminal) was outweighed by the security concerns, which almost made me stay in for dinner rather than leave the room.

The other relevant critique is that I have for this hotel is the room had a very musty smell, and a strange thermostat that didn't allow you to set a heating or cooling temperature separately. They moved up or down in a preset 4 degree range. Also, HHonors members with gold or diamond status should know that they didn't provide an internet access code at check-in, and I had to call the front desk when I attempted to connect to the internet.

Room Tip: The hotel has what seems like an older 2-story section (although the room had been renovated) and a...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
CincinnatiManager, Manager at Doubletree Cincinnati Airport Hotel, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent experience with us. Please accept our sincere apologies for the intrusion and for any questions of safety it caused. We take situations like these very seriously and we have discussed the incident with employees and our security team to prevent similar occurrences in the future. Your feedback will help us improve guest safety at our property. Again, please accept our apologies for the inconvenience you experienced.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

My family and I have stayed here at least 3 or 4 times. After out last few stays, they have officially lost our business! The time before last the hot tub was cold. When I inquired about it I was told maintenance just turned it on last night then the lady walked away! ????? This last time we arrive only to find that the hot tub was filled with dirt and plants! What a let down! We always look forward to the hot tub in the mornings. This time we were told it was broken and to expensive to fix. How tacky to fill a hot tub with dirt & plants! Looks ridiculous. Not to mention the website still advertised HOT TUB! When we arrive to our room we find we were given a room that had a shower. I have a 4yr old and it is very difficult to give her showers. The manager said all rooms were filled when we asked to be moved except for a smoking room! Uhh no thanks. Also the website claims they are a non smoking facility! After realizing the manager didn't care we called it quits as it was very late after a reds game. They gave us $20 off. Gee thanks! When I wake up the next morning I'm all itchy. There's a patch of bites on my chest. BED BUGS! DO NOT STAY HERE!

• Stayed August 2012
CincinnatiManager, Manager at Doubletree Cincinnati Airport Hotel, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
We are very sorry for the unfortunate experience you had at our hotel recently and appreciate you bringing it to our attention. Please know that we work closely with a professional pest control company to prevent and address situations such as this. Our first priority is the health and safety of our guests and we will share your comments with our team in an effort to be more aware of signs of potential problems.
Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Hotel is great. First we got this hotel via Priceline for September 15, a Saturday, for wait for it...$45! Shut Up. No joke. By far, the best $45 hotel I've ever gotten. Given the location is at the airport, you have your own exit at the airport and getting in and out of the parking lot is not as bad as one would think, especially if you are use to a major city. Upon checkin, we were given hot cookies straight from the warmer at the desk. Lobby is spacious and lots of room. Rooms were clean. Bed comfortable. Pillows, aaaahhhh. You have to pay for internet access and we can concur, you can get free wi-fi at McDonalds these days, so not really what I would expect at a Hilton at any level. You can ask for a free 1 hour code, per person at the check in desk. As for breakfast, it's either there are the hotel or you would have to drive about 10 minutes to the closest exit for a fast food restaurant.

Room Tip: The nicer you are at check in, the nicer they'll be to you.
United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We booked this hotel through Hotwire at a discount, and we knew we would be staying at a 3.5 star hotel. So first off, no complaints when we pulled up to the very well-kept property of the Doubletree. The grounds were beautifully kept and maintained right off the airport terminal. The lobby was immactulate, and check-in was quick and easy (with warm cookies to great us, which is always nice).

Parking was free and easily accessible. Our check-in attendent told us to pull around the side for the parking lot and enter through another door to easily access the elevator to our room. Everything was in working order and looked very clean, so I was amazed that the carpet has more stains than I thought I'd expect to see. It didn't look dirty; just stained.

Our room was clean and ready for our arrival. The bathroom was wonderfully clean, linens were fresh, bedspreads were great. We dropped off our things and went to dinner.

When we came back, we encountered an issue. At some point while we were gone, a strange black grime has filtered up out of the bathroom sink and lingered around. It left a black scum mark in our sink, no smell. Just gross-looking. We called down to the front desk, and the attendent answered right away and was very attentive. She sent someone to our room within 10 minutes. The gentleman who arrived to clean the sink explained that there had recently been a plumbing issue -- when a neighboring room flushed their toilet, it caused a backup into our room. (Ew.) He cleaned the sink, and I asked whether or not they had any additional rooms that we could move to. I already knew the answer (it was Oktoberfest weekend), and he replied in kind. He apologized that they were full and there was nothing more they could do than clean the sink at this time.

For the rest of the evening, we washed our hands in the bathroom tub (which didn't have this problem and was quite clean and well-maintained). And aside from this issue, our stay was decent. Beds were comfortable. Digital TV signal leaves a little to be desired; we never seemed to get a clear channel for very long.

Over all, I can't complain. It is a nice property. But I can't help but feeling like they shouldn't have rented out a room that had a known plumbing issue. I would consider staying here again if I could get a deal, but there are a lot of other hotels in the area that I love more.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Doubletree Cincinnati Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!