“Very happy” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Tallahassee, FL
“Very happy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2008

Concur with Dolly123; this is a great traveler/business hotel, and I too travel a lot. Delta put me up here when I took a bump from an overbooked flight en route to Boston. I was expecting the Bates Motel and instead found myself in an immaculate, modern facility with a lovely foyer and (if memory serves) a plashing fountain. My clean, quiet, elegant room had a fancy computer desk, a flat-screen TV, and a bed made from angels' clouds; the hotel staff were warm and attentive. I had a little room service, watched a little TV, and then fell into a deep, restful sleep followed by a lovely hot shower and a friendly shuttle to the airport.

Basically when I do business travel my rule is "don't give me any bad memories," but in this case I'll remember this hotel for being particularly nice.

• Liked — Very modern, very business-friendly, close to airport
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
san diego, ca
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2007

Staff was pleasant and helpful upon arrival. Workout room is full of outdate equipment - 5-10 years old. Very hot in the hotel and the rooms. AC did not work. Rooms could use update - didn't appear to have been updated in 10 years or more. Attached restaurant was expensive for the quality of food received. Okay for a quick overnight stay, but for extended stay go to the Westin downtown Cincinnati.

• Liked — convenient to airport
  • Disliked — needs update
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2007

My husband and I were taking an early flight out to Key West from Cincy and decided to just drive down and spend the night. I randomly booked the Marriott because it was close to the airport and offered free parking during our trip. I have to say, we had a great experience.
We had only been looking for a decent place to crash the night before our flight but the hotel was really, really nice. The woman at the front desk was one of the friendliest hospitality employees I have met, and our room was great with one of the most comfortable beds I have seen in a hotel! Not to mention, the complimentary shuttle to the airport was great, as well as the fact we could leave our car at the hotel lot and not pay airport parking fees. Even on our return, we simply called the hotel from an airport direct line and the shuttle came and got us....I definitely would recommend this hotel--We will definitely be staying there again!

• Liked — Airport Services, Room Comfort, Location, Staff
  • Disliked — liked it all
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
Pennsylvania, USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2007

Hotel was fine initially and the staff offered good service but when a professional football team was checking in and my family wanted to go to our room, we were told all elevators were being used by the team and unavailable for any other guests. Hotel staff were either starry-eyed ("It's the (NAME OF THE TEAM)!") or gruff, telling all other guests to "take the stairs." The hotel manager made the matter worse by trying to explain why his staff's behavior was acceptable. Only the regional manager took ownership of the problem and made amends. Would give them another chance based only on the regional manager's great service and their location.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Poor Service and No Ownership of Problems
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Bar Harbor, Maine
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2007

Overall a perfect pick for an airport overnight. Good shuttle service, nice rooms, and all the expected amenities - internet access, business center, pool and restaurant. Met here with family and everyone was well served; kids loved the pool and the all-you-can-eat breakfast buffet. Staff ranged from didn't notice you to couldn't do enough for you. Stayed at the airport Sheraton on the outbound leg of the same trip and found the properties fairly comparable, so don't sweat deciding between the two. If you have a better rate or a loyalty program benefit, go with the best option rather than trying to discern with hotel is "the best."

• Liked — convenient to airport
  • Disliked — noisy lobby
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2005

I stayed here for business for the first time in December, 2005. Really a nice hotel, facilities are lovely. And being near the airport, they wisely promise a "soundproof" room, which they delivered on. But the best part was the personal service from the staff at this Marriott. The clerk who checked me in came out from behind the desk to walk me to the elevator, pointing out hotel features along the way. I've never had a clerk do that before! So nice! When I had to buy some cough drops at the sundries shop, another clerk unwrapped them for me, without my even asking! So nice! The restaurant is better than most, though pricey as one would expect at a hotel. But again, the people made all the difference.

Even though this hotel was out of the way for me to stay at while here, I would gladly return.

• Stayed December 2005, traveled on business
Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2005

I have stayed at the Cincinnati Marriott a number of times and I will always do so. All the staff has been wonderful there. The rooms are above an average hotel room and the beds are absolutely to die for!!! I will continue to pay the extra money for this hotel. One time I had stayed at the Baymont Inn and Suites at the Cincinnati airport and i did not like it at all. You get what you pay for!! Marriott's are my favorite (anywhere you go)!

• Stayed October 2004

Been to Marriott Cincinnati Airport? Share your experiences!