“Excellent Marriott Property for Business or Pleasure” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Hebron
Gemunden, Germany
“Excellent Marriott Property for Business or Pleasure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Our flight out of CVG was early morning so we ended our Indiana/Ohio tour the night before at the Marriott Cincinnati Airport. It is very close to the Airport Terminal and the Rental Car pickup/drop-off locations, but far enough away to remain fairly noise free. This is a top class Marriott property. The restaurant serves very good meals, the bar area is comfortable and has a great atmosphere. The lobby area is large and very attractive, a pleasant place to sit, and there is a great friendly staff there waiting to help you. Our room was very clean, quiet, and the bed very comfortable, and there was a well outfitted working space in the room.

I have stayed at this hotel several times in the past, and will use it again in the future next time I visit Cincinnati.

Room Tip: I have not had a bad room at this hotel. The rooms are well sound proofed, and I have never had any...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
DavidS9713, General Manager at Marriott Cincinnati Airport, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Thank you for the high compliments, We sincerely value your opinion and there is no higher compliment than your repeated choice of our hotel for your lodging needs. We look forward to being of service during your next visit the the Greater Cincinnati & Northern KY region.
Regards,
David Smith

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

We had an early flight out of CVG and decided to come in the night before. We had a pretty darn good meal and a few glasses of wine at the restaurant. The lobby and central areas of hotel were buzzing with activity an there was a nice water feature. The rooms were very clean and better than we expected. The staff was very good. The best feature is the shuttle to the airport. It runs every 15 minutes beginning at 5:00 am. Be aware however that there are a lot of people doing this same thing so be early for the shuttle to make sure you get a seat. They give you a dash pass to leave your car in their parking lot while you are gone. I saved $64 in parking just by taking the shuttle. On the return there is a Marriott phone at baggae claim to ask for the shuttle to pick you up. All worked out very slick. Great Value and a great hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Kingsport, TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Good place to stay for business needs. Good access to airport as well as local Hebron, KY businesses. Good service, clean rooms, quiet. No problems at all. Not far from rental car pick up and return area. Would stay again.

Indianapolis
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Our family stayed there last weekend for a soccer tournament, along with many other soccer families. First, it is a very beautiful hotel, very clean & the staff were extremely friendly & professional.
My complaint.... When our teams was told to make reservations we were sent an email to contact Stephanie & make reservations. In the email we were guaranteed a king with a sofa bed. When I made my reservation, Stephanie assured me my reservation was a king with a sofa bed. When we checked into the hotel nothig was said that our room had changed! We got into the room it was a king bed with two roll away beds! Not a problem if there was a space to put the beds. When I called the front desk as to where the roll away beds were to fit, I was told to put one at an angle infront of the door & the other infront of the bathroom door!!!!! After I came off the ceiling..... i asked her if she agreed if that if there were an emegency we would have to crawl over one bed & move another togetout of the door, she agreed with me!!!!!! & then said it was definately against fire code!! I asked for the room I was guaranteed, she told me they were booked & had nothing. I told her we were leaving the hotel, she came up with a room & we moved into a king with a sofabed!
Although my complaint was satisfied, I know that most families were put in the same situation. I know this because everyone on our team was put in a king with 2 roll aways. Most pit the beds out in the hallway so they could have room to move about in the room.
My complaint..... Stephanie only interest that weekend was to make Marriott $$$$$. She knowenly put families in danger! God forbid there be a fire, we wouldnt be able to get out of rooms.I know she was trying to accomidate everyone, but come on!!
I gave the hotel a 2 because of the cleanliness & friendly staff. Next year I bet most families won't stay there. I know we won't be.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent stay with us and we truly value your opinion. While I am pleased to learn that you found our staff to be extremely friendly & professional, I was dismayed and concerned about how we handled the room type availability for you and some of the other families. I am pleased that we were ultimately able to accommodate you in a room with a King bed and Sofa Sleeper. I sincerely apologize that it became so difficult for us to make this happen more quickly and efficiently.

The Soccer Event weekends such as the one you experienced, do present challenges for the hotel when determining room type needs for each family with multiple numbers of children in each room. During the event weekend you stayed, the hotel did experience an over-sell situation. These instances are rare and are certainly not intentional. In an effort to better accommodate the increased number of reservations for multiple bedded rooms, we secured additional roll-aways so families would all have the bedding requirements needed to fulfill the high guest counts per sleeping room. While the roll-away’s work well and will fit in many of our room types, you are absolutely correct that attempting to place 2 roll-aways in some of our King rooms is not acceptable and should not have been recommended to you.

I assure you, our primary goal is exceeding the guest expectation by providing a Clean, Safe and Well Maintained hotel. We fell short of that goal during this Soccer Event weekend and as a result, tangible changes in our booking policy have been made. Going forward, I have lowered the number of rooms which will be made available during these event weekends so as not to exceed the room types specifically designed to accept multiple guests of 4+ per room. We will also be closing out our group blocks further ahead of the event dates to prevent last minute bookings from teams which could result in exceeding or room type availability.

Again, I sincerely regret any inconvenience. We value your business and hope that you will think of us for any future hotel needs when visiting the Greater Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky area.

Regards,
David Smith
Fort Valley, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Marriott during February. I was pleasantly surprised by the hotel. The front desk staff were friendly and professional. The room was comfortable and quiet with a nice bed. The rooms are regular size but don't feel claustrophobic. Nice size tv too. I had lunch in the restaurant the day I arrived. Apparently they have a new menu. While there were regular items; there was that pick two for one amount, pick three for another, etc. While that's fine for say Denny's, I don't think that type of menu fits a regular Marriott, maybe for the budget hotels in the Marriott line. Despite that oddity, the food was very good. I also had room service and it was good as well. If you are planning to stay here, keep in mind there is nothing nearby. You will need a cab or car to do things. While I would not stay here for a family or fun trip; I would absolutely stay here again for business.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Close to the airport, but far enough that you don't have plains flying overhead all night. Clean property, friendly staff, decently appointed rooms. M-F concierge lounge with average offerings and honor bar, Airport Marriott... if you've seen one, you've seen them all. My only minor complaint would be that there's NO food options nearby.. eat at the hotel, or travel are your options.

Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Attended a meeting here and it was uneventful. Service was good in their restaurant for our party of 20. Food was good as well. Meeting room was good but not extraordinary. Same could be said for the rooms. Bed and HVAC system were both very good and I got a good nights rest. Quiet area and close to highway. No gas stations nearby though so fill up before you get here.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to Marriott Cincinnati Airport? Share your experiences!