“Great port in a storm” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 5 hotels in Hebron
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Great port in a storm”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

We stayed here about 15 months ago (I know, it was before June 2012), while traveling around as a late anniversary trip. An ice storm came through and we felt it unsafe to head home to Indy, and one of the staff at the Creation Museum suggested Country Inn. It was so wonderful to come in and utterly relax, after driving 7 miles of ice-coated country highway. Warm cookies, soft cozy bed.....and we are planning on heading there again this coming weekend for the Newport Aquarium package. It was clean, the staff were wonderful, the computer/printer on the 2nd floor helped us find Rabbit Hash (a really nice little side trip, by the way!), and the breakfast was awesome.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

143 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Moon Township, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

This is a very nice clean, well maintained hotel. Additionally it is very quiet. The breakfast was very good and the atmosphere was great. The front desk personnel could be a little friendlier. Overall this was a great stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here two nights because I am ok with 8 miles driving to Cincinnati via hwy 275/71. The price I paid for two nights can't even cover one night in the city hotels where of course don't have free wifi as well as free breakfast which are well provided by Country Inn.

Clean room, nice and comfy beds, big bathroom with regular size bathtub. The room is also equipped with microwave and fridge. TV channels include HBO and WGN(if you're from Chicago area). It has a small swimming pool and hot whirlpool, small gym with basic equipment.

Breakfast is a cannot-miss. It has almost everything you can ask for. Coffees and tea are provided 24/7 as well as cookies in the front desk. Lobby is very inviting and it has two computers and printers for you to surf Internet or print docs needed.

• Stayed May 2013
Niles MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

We love country Inn and suites, it's our hotel of choice. I had used my points for a free two night stay here for a convention in the beginning of April. They were overbooked and gave my 2 Queen bed room away which was disappointing. We were not told this at check in and called as soon as we got in the room to question. We ended up with an "upgrade" which wasn't an upgrade to us, a king suite with fold out. We have back issues and find the fold outs don't always work real well for us. I had in the notes of my booking for a fold out if possible and asked at check in and was told he thought they had some of the 3rd floor and would bring one if he could.

When I called from the room a lady told us we couldn't have a fold out due to the room size now. Luckily the first person I talked to either ignored that or didn't know and brought us a twin fold out which fit perfectly with plenty of room against the wall at the foot of the King. Because of this the room worked out well for us. I wish I had caught his name, thank you.

Breakfast was PACKED both mornings we were there. The first they opened the conference room which helped the second they didn't. Both mornings we ate on the couches in the lobby along with several other people.

We did not use the pool or hot tub, it was packed with lots of kids every time we saw it, even in the morning.

It is a bit of a hike to the downtown convention center so I'm not sure if we'll do it again when we are going to the convention center but if you don't mind 15-20 minute drive it's okay. It's also very crowded if fully booked so be warned.

Other than that though it was your typical positive country inn experience.
p.s. The pillows were fabulous at this one!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Marietta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

The rooms are clean and well decorated. The staff is fantastic and very helpful... Their breakfast provides a great variety of choices and a very good deal for the money. They have a good assortment of free weights and a nice pool and hot tub area...

Room Tip: Center of the building on the second floor can be a little noisy because it is just above the pool.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Louisville KY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

I just returned from a 2 night stay. The hotel was a great value for the price. I stayed in a king room on the 4th floor. Despite my room being by the elevator, the 'white noise' from the AC unit took care of any noise problem. Despite arriving at 1:30 for check-in, a room was ready for me. The hot tub was wonderful. I did not get in the pool or use the exercise room, but both looked clean. There were lots of breakfast options, and the food was hot. The only issue was seating. The breakfast room could not hold the number of guests staying at the hotel. The comments about the room decor are accurate. Very outdated colors. Needs to be remodeled, and I read they were doing that in some parts of the hotel

Overall, it was a very comfortable stay, and I would book s room again, mostly for the value.

• Stayed April 2013

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Cincinnati Airport? Share your experiences!