“convenient and clean” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Camas WA
“convenient and clean”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

I usually finish off my Cincy trip by staying at the airport the last night to catch an early morning flight after several night north of the city and 2-3 business dinners. I find the quiet offers a nice rest before the a.m. flights and save 30-40 minutes of drive drive (can be challening with traffic and weather). I don't dinner or other options..keep it quick and clean. This approach works if there is a decent hotel.....this Hampton Inn fits the bill.

While not a new property, it had been upgraded very nicely: great beds, updated bathrooms, nice carpets, good breakfast lobby.

Also - they will drop you off/pick you up at the car rental locations....so dump the car the night before.

Are at a great rate (higher price Marriott next door). Country Inn/Suites to the left is also good.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Winchester, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

I thought surely the jets coming in low to land at the airport would be annoying. To my great astonishment, I never heard any jet noise the 3 days and 2 nights at this hotel. My only critical point is location because there is nothing anywhere near this hotel like stores, gas stations, or restaurants. Nevertheless, still a really nice hotel at a reasonable price. Everywhere I went inside this hotel looked clean enough to eat right off the floor.

• Stayed November 2012
Mansfield, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is located next to the airport. The staff is friendly, helpful and considerate. The property is modern and is yet still receiving appearance updates. The rooms are large and clean, all room assets work, i am happy and impressed.

• Stayed October 2012
Santiago, Chile
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

This was a quick overnight stay as we were passing through Cincinnati. We needed a comfortable bed near the highway and of course we found the typical comfy Hampton Inn beds.

The hotel isn't bad, but is older and thus cramped in comparison with other Hamptons. The eating area is small, there isn't enough seating, especially given that it's an airport hotel. The hotel also has a slight funky smell in the halls. Not horrible, but noticeable.

The rooms have typically furniture, but there was only a half desk crammed in the room. Not a big deal, as I'm guessing that they're targeting the hit and run crowd, not the longer business stay. The whole hotel is tired, though. The carpet and furniture are showing the wear, and our bathroom had a couple of cracked tiles and some slight mold in the grout. In general though, the hotel is very clean.

It's not a horrible place, I've just come to expect more from Hampton Inn's and I've got to think that there's better value in the many surrounding hotels.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Canal Fulton, Ohio, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

I stayed in one of their king suites with a whirlpool. The room was large and spacious, very clean. The only complaint I have is that the heater/air conditioner was very loud. The staff was very friendly, and the breakfast was very good. I hope to return again next year and I will stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012
Johnson City, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

We stayed at this Hampton Inn for 1 night to attend a Jimmy Buffett concert in Cincy at the Riverbend Music Center. This was a perfect location from the concert. You couldn't beat the price, compared to some of the hotels in Cincy. We were only 15 minutes out from the concert, yet still close to restaurants, etc.

The hotel room was nice and the bathroom was updated, which I liked. The breakfast was okay. The manager was a bit unfriendly when we first arrived. I was with my husband and 2 other adult family members staying in one room. When we checked in I asked the hotel attendant for 4 room keys. The manager overheard and quickly piped in "Why, so your kids can lose 2 of them"? I thought that was pretty rude for him to be the "key nazi" especially considering we had NO KIDS with us. Lol

Anyway, besides that we had a good experience. :)

Room Tip: We stayed in Rm # 104. It had 2 Queen size beds and an updated bathroom.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
bkalyan, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cincinnati Airport-North, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Thank you so much for staying with us for your overnight in Cincinnati. I always enjoy hearing from our guests and am always looking for ways to improve our guests’ experience. I am very sorry for the way the manager on-duty responded to your request for extra keys, this remark was unprofessional and uncalled for and I truly apologize for the behavior. I have taken your comments to our team to discuss and learn from so that no guest is treated similarly in the future. The next time you have the chance to travel back to the area I do hope that you will be our guest again so that we may show you the respectful service you deserve
Louisville, Kentucky
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

Checked in on Sunday to find my room's air conditioner was broken. Not a big deal as these things happen. They moved me to another room where the air worked but sounded like a truck starting. I can live with that. What I can't tolerate is not being able to shower in the morning due to no hot water in Room 310. It seemed as though the shower unit was incorrectly installed. Can not believe no-one has complained about this yet. And then the elevator got stuck on my floor. Door would close and then just open. No going down in this elevator folks! Take the stairs! All in all not a great stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
bkalyan, Manager at Hampton Inn Cincinnati Airport-North, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Thank you for your feedback in regards to the noisy air conditioning and hot water not working in your room as well as the stalled elevator. I've worked with our maintenance team to fix the issues, however I apologize that it wasn't resolved sooner. Thank you for your review and for alerting me to these issues. I invite you to stay with us again the next time you return to the area and welcome any additional feedback.

Been to Hampton Inn Cincinnati Airport-North? Share your experiences!