“Non-smoking rooms were furnished with hole-burned linens” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Baymont Inn and Suites Harrodsburg

Baymont Inn and Suites Harrodsburg
You added Baymont Inn and Suites Harrodsburg to your Saves list
Baymont Inn and Suites Harrodsburg
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   105 Commercial Drive, Harrodsburg, KY 40330 (Formerly Country Hearth Inn - Harrodsburg bay)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Harrodsburg
Bardstown, Kentucky
“Non-smoking rooms were furnished with hole-burned linens”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

We arrived at the hotel and the clerk refused to honor the price we found on-line. So, we went back to the car and found a better rate and booked it on our cell phones. We went back in with the on-line confirmation and they did honor that. We reserved a non-smoking room and after coming back in from a late night of dancing, discovered that the blanket was filled with holes from smokers. We were too tired to complain and had already unpacked everything. Crawled into bed and discovered that the plastic mattress cover was quite noisy everytime we moved. In addition, the fitted sheet was not placed properly and I kept coming into contact with the plastic mattress cover. There was no bathmat and only two towels and two washcloths, no hand towels that could be used for a bath mat. The towels were sandpaper and it was very uncomfortable using them to dry off.
Just because this is a small town and lodging is limited, there is no reason that service should be compromised. The desk clerks were friendly enough, but the entire experience left a bad taste.

Room Tip: Book on-line before you arrive and ask for a room away from the lobby. It's noisy in the morning...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Nate P, General Manager at Baymont Inn and Suites Harrodsburg, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
We are sorry for the less than satisfying experience but we take every feedback as an opportunity to improve. Since then, we have changed our linen and supplies. We promise your next stay will be much better.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Longview, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2011 via mobile

My name is Tammy, and i am a team driver with my husand. Let me start off by saying that John at the front desk was very nice guy--just a bit uninformed. When I called in to find out information, he advised me that there was a lot behind Dairy Queen where truck drivers park. He also advised that they were sold out of the king rooms that I had asked about, but had king rooms with jacuzzis in them. I asked what the price was on those and he stated $89.00. I then asked if they offered a CDL discount and he said he could give us AAA discount. Thinking that the discount would be less than the $89.00 I thought that was a great deal, plus they had truck parking--we never find that kind of deal! I went against my own policy and made a reservation--you see, we have been told before that a hotel has truck parking, only to get there and find that they do not...making a reservation in such an instance could cause us to be charged anyway.

When we drove up to the hotel, we soon realized that they did not have an empty lot behind Dairy Queen, nor anywhere else around. My husband had to park in the street with the flashers on while I ran in to find out where this lot for trucks was. John said he found out from the owner that there actually is no lot, and that we could either park on the street ( which is against our companies policy, and could cause us to be terminated!), or in the parking lot of the storage building next door, which belonged to the hotel owner. We opted to weasel and squeeze our way in to the storage area. Problem solved. My husband checked us in, and was told of the breakfast bar in the morning, and we were wished a good night. When we got in to the room ( which, by the way, turned out to be $107.00 after tax--guess the AAA rate IS the $89.00?) things seemed fine. We went and retrieved our dinner at the Dairy Queen--when we returned, the entry light/vanity/sink light didn't come on. Since it was late and we had just brought our dinner back to our room, we decided to deal with it.

The bed was comfy, the jacuzzi worked great, and we settled in for a good night's sleep. That didn't happen for me--I don't know if it was hotel guests, or employees, but we were right by the side door which led outdoor--someone went in and out every couple of hours or so and letting the door slam--this happened until we had to get up at 6am. We started to get ready, and had to start doing so without the vanity light for a while, although it finally came on. We then went down to the "breakfast bar" which sounded magical the night before, but turned out to be a continental breakast. While eating, we overheard another guest complaining about an experience she had.

The place was nice, but for our experience, I wouldn't say it was $107.00 worth. We have paid that price for a bed and breakfast (not in the truck, of course) with an extravagant breakfast and fancy accommodations so comparatively--not comparable. By the way, we have also paid less than that amount for an older hotel with adequate accommodation, and as long as it was clean and had actual truck parking, we were fine with it. Again, decent place, but because of our overall experience, I don't know that we would stay there again.

• Stayed December 2011
Louisville, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2011

BAD EXPERIENCE! Management does not fulfill its commitments! I booked 2 rooms and roll-a-way beds for each. Explained to the on-site reservation staff that we HAD to have the roll-a-way beds and without them I would not be reserving the rooms. She stated that they had 2 available for that night and that they would be in the rooms when we arrived. They were not and none were available when we arrived. We ended up with people sleeping on the floor!

The next morning the front desk staff said that I would need to speak with Spencer, the GM, regarding the situation. He called me later that day and was very nice and apologetic. He noted that it was clearly documented in the reservation system and that housekeeping had dropped the ball. He stated that I would be given credit for one of the rooms and that if I decided to stay there in the future that they would give me a great rate.

I DID NOT RECEIVE THE CREDIT, so I contacted Spencer and the owner, Nate, ten days later to follow-up. The owner said that Spencer had told him it was taken care of. I spoke with Spencer and he said Nate would have to approve any credit. I noted that I had just spoken with Nate. Spencer said he would process a credit (around $56, less than originally stated) and that it should show up on my credit card account within 3 days. Well, I did get 2 credits, but only for $10 each. This was not what I was promised. I contacted Neil Collins with the franchisor and am waiting to see if he can help resolve the situation. I will post an update with the outcome.

Regarding the property itself, the rooms are worn and the property very dated. The breakfast was inadequate even for a continental breakfast. I would not recommend this property and suggest you drive to Danville, Frankfort, or Lexington if another hotel is not available in Harrodsburg.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Manitowoc, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

My husband and i arrived after traveling many miles on our Harley. Spenser noted that we were both tired and hungry. He and his wife Michelle went the "extra" mile in locating a wonderful restaurant and providing transportation. They could not do enough for us!We would highly recommend them and their Inn just on our experience. I hope to visit them soon!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

Clean, comfortable, quiet and tastefully decorated room with a heavenly bed. Spencer, the Manager was wonderful. He even printed information and made a personal enquiry on my behalf about an attraction that I'd casually mentioned that I'd like to see. This is a delightful Motel with staff that truly understand the meaning of hospitality. Thanks for everything.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011

spencer was host he talked us into getting a king suite and the room was fab, we went out eat to the new eddi montgomery resturant and spencer drove us to and from, we had a great night . The morning after we ate breakfast in the hotel and met Liz who was also very nice, we would most definately come back here when we return to harrodsburg!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Potsdam, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2011

I really like this place. The front desk people are friendly and help getting around. It´s been very relaxing to hang out in a hot tub on the room. The wireless internet works good and I have no complains about the room service. I recommend this hotel to business travellers that need to relax after a hard and long day. Like I said: the hot tub special ! :))) Oh and btw....

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Been to Baymont Inn and Suites Harrodsburg? Share your experiences!