“Nice but some concerns.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Aspen Hall Manor

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Harrodsburg
Aspen Hall Manor
558 Aspen Hall Dr, Harrodsburg, KY   |
Ranked #2 of 5 Harrodsburg B&B and Inns
Lincoln, Nebraska
“Nice but some concerns.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

We had a Wedding here. We had to wait a extensive amount of time for the rehearsal dinner.The food was good both nights.They are very pleasant folks.However, do to the fact that the neighbors being so close I DO NOT RECCOMMEND LARGE PARTIES. Please do yourself a favor by kindly talking to Mr. and Mrs. Dedman(southside of Aspen Hall) about what they will kindly allow. I talked with them and found out things that will not work for them as well as breaking the law with how parties go. I would first ask them what is acceptable before booking. I am just saying if you respect the Mr and Mrs, Dedman like my party did and come to agreements then you will be fine. But DO NOT ASSUME that you can just go and do what you want because you PAID Aspen Hall. I like to always make sure to respect the wishes with folks
that are affected by parties. The Dedman couple were very friendly to me and my family.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

23 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Lincoln, Nebraska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

We recently held a small wedding at the Aspen and overall it was beautiful and we were very pleased with the place. The food was good, the house is beautiful, the rooms were very nice and large, and the owners and staff were extremely helpful and accommodating in just about every way possible. Aside from some much needed touch up paint outside, and the unsightly window air-conditioner on the front of the house, the house is beautiful inside and out! However, for those holding a wedding outdoors, be aware that there is no electrical power available across the street. This fact was not revealed to us until the day of the wedding and could have been disastrous (no ceremony music) had it not been for a generous neighbor that let us hook into his power. This is a densely populated residential area and, despite the very close proximity of our wedding to neighboring homes, they were very pleasant, one allowing us to hook into his power and another that moved a vehicle so it wouldn't impede the view of the wedding procession. This is a beautiful venue for a smaller wedding & reception, however due to its very residential location it is not ideal for a large or loud crowd.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
CINCINNATI
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

I have been visiting Harrodsburg since childhood so I was especially interested when I learned Aspen Hall had been turned into a Bed and Breakfast. This past summer, my wife and I stopped in for a visit. What a surprise ! The old mansion is still beautiful but in dreadful need of repair and a good coat of paint. The yard was overgrown and there were old garbage bags under the lovely Magnolia. The inside had been updated but much of the character destroyed. - Gone where the previous owners antiques now replaced with cheap reproductions and the walls which once held vintage prints now where adorned with Walmart knock-offs. The lunch was fine and the server pleasant enough but because it was so hot in the dining room (air conditioning trouble ?) we ate quickly and left.

Some childhood memories are best left alone and Aspen Hall falls in that category.
What a shame !

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Cincinnati, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011

We purchase a Groupon coupon and thought this would make a nice weekend getaway. We arrived on a Sunday evening and were greeted by Jill. She was very pleasant and gave us the grand tour of the home. It was immediate apparent that the house was not air conditioned and had a musky oder. It was obvious that the pictures on their web page must of been taken years prior. The home and furnishings all were old and did not appear to be very clean. We were shown our room (The Violent Room). It was far less than we expected and immediately excused ourselves and decided not to spend the night. Later that month on my credit card bill I realized I was charged $25.00 for taxes and fees. I called Jill and explained that we didn't even stay that night, Jill said that she should have charged me for the full amount of $210 since I did not cancel my reservations prior to 7 days. I wouldn't recommend staying at this location.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Wilmore, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

My husband bought me the "Groupon" coupon for a two night stay here. I have always wanted to stay at a B&B but we are young and just starting out so they are usually too much. The stay was better than I could have hoped for. Andy and Jill were polite and friendly. They were willing to help in any way they could. We had the Rose room and had the adjoining bathroom to ourselves (first come first serve policy; seems fair to me!). I would definitely suggest this B&B to anyone looking to relax. Go and see Fort Harrod or Shakertown. I am a Ky native (Lexington) and I found that driving the hour down into Harrodsburg a wonderful time. My husband and I really enjoyed the food and the service.
You won't regret your decision to stay at Aspen Hall!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
South Bend, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2011

Heads up if you purchased the Living Social voucher for your stay! This is supposed to be a $210 value for $105--including room, afternoon tea and special chocolates. When I called to reserve the room, the blue room was the only one of the 4 rooms that was available for our date. The innkeeper stated that there would be a $24 upcharge for that room. (Now we're up to $139--this room rents for $135 any day of the week on their website) We tried to schedule our tea for the early seating and were told it was booked, so we scheduled for the 1:30 tea. (Check-out is 12:00, and there is little going on in Harrodsburg, trust me.)
We drove up from the side, and the manor appeared a bit rundown. The inside is spacious, and partly decorated with period furnishings, but a lot of garage sale finds as well. Our room was pretty and large, but when I went into the bathroom, the trash was overflowing. There is no shower in this bathroom, and since the last tenant's trash was still resident, I'm not sure the bathroom had been cleaned at all. Also, there was a dish on the table between 2 wing chairs, containing a couple of mints and crumbs, obviously from the last guest. Hmmmm. When I told Jill about all this, she sort of laughed it off and blamed it on "LIving Social cleaners". Evidently, she's booked most of the summer due to that promotion.
The next day, we decide to skip the tea. As it happens, there were no guests for the early one (!) and we would have been the only ones at this one. Given all of this, we were amazed at check-out that she still wanted the extra $24, but she most certainly did! I asked about our "chocolates" and she claimed to already have given them to my husband (um, no), and grudgingly handed me a candy bar! (Another guest said the daughter of the house was selling these for a fund-raiser).
So, that was our experience. We stay at B & B's often, and this one was not one of our better experiences. If I had not been so quick to jump on the L.S. voucher and had done a little research, I probably would have skipped this one. All in all, we did have a good time, but it was not a good value.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2011

If you are in the Rose room, you will have a private bath but it is down and across the hall. If you choose the Blue room your bathroom adjoins the Rose room and anyone in the Rose room will hear many of your bathroom activities. Food is good and it is a unique, huge old home.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Aspen Hall Manor? Share your experiences!