“I have had better steak at Reno's and Applebees!!” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dessert, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Easy to find on the internet as you can Google "Eddie Montgomery's Steakhouse." This is a new place that has been in the works for awhile and finally has just opened. It is located on US127 Bypass South (go about 4 miles) on the right. The place is awesome and looks like a large ski lodge.
Danville, KY
“I have had better steak at Reno's and Applebees!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2010

We visited this restaurant on Sat, Jan. 2, 2010. We were told that there would be a 1-2 hour wait, we were going to leave when they said there may be a table around the bar. To my surprise, they took us right to a table with no reservation and no waiting time. It actually was not around the bar but close to super nice fireplace with logs going. Thank goodness for that because we were beside a double door that smokers were going in and out of to smoke and it was freezing that day!

My husband got the soup beans and cornbread which he said was very good. I got a salad and my dressing was supposed to be on the side. I ended up with a salad that had the dressing mixed in with it. I was ok with this as the salad was pretty good. I got done eating my salad and another salad with ranch on the side was brought to me. I think this shows a lack of experience and communication amongst the staff.

Our waitress did inform us that it was her first night and she didn't seem to know th menu at all. She was very friendly and coureous towards us so I was pleased with her. She kept our drinks filled all the time! After being there about 30-45 minutes, she brought us bread. This bread was so hard that I thought I would chip a tooth on it. The garlic butter was very good though.

My husband and I got the same thing, maybe we should have gotten something different. We both got the Iron Skillet Sirloin and you get on side and so that was my salad. I think every restaurant I have EVER been to gives at least 2 sides. I thought this steak may be served in a skillet. But Nope a small steak with mushrooms and onions was brought out on a huge plate. My husband enjoyed the shoestring french fries although I doubt they were fresh probably frozen. The steak was SUPER GREASY and it fell apart when I tried to cut it. It had no seasoning on it at all. Basically tasted like pure grease.

I was pretty disappointed but considering that the restaurant was new, I would probably give it another try but would definitely order something different!! The restaurant itself is like a log cabin inside and is super nice if you want to pay for the atmosphere. Eddie did personally visit our table to greet us which I thought was very nice also.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Kentucky
“A truly good steak at a reasonable price.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2009

We ate there the day after Christmas. Our group had the filet, sirloin, and salmon.All were good. My filet was cooked medium rare and was perfect. All meat appears to be fresh - none of that frozen stuff. Sides and appetizers also were very good. The building itself is very impressive and the entertainment was enjoyable. I think Eddie visited every table . A really enjoyable dining experience.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lexington, Kentucky
“Very Impressed...Highly Recommended!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2009

My in-laws and I were able to secure reservations for private dining before the official public opening of the Eddie Montgomery Steakhouse on December 21, 2009. Admittedly, my expectations were low as I expected poor food and high prices due to the celebrity marketing and ownership, however I was willing to try it out once to at least say that I had been there.
Upon entry to the restaurant, we were greeted by friendly staff and an elegant, but welcoming, interior. Shortly after our arrival we were seated close to the fire place and bread and drinks were brought promptly. I must say, the bread was the biggest hit! It was excellent as was the garlic butter they give you for it.
Inspection of the menu exceeded my expectations not only in price, but in that of variety. We did not order any appetizers, yet we all got either a salad or soup with our meal. I ordered a sirloin, with low expectations of quality while my husband, and the majority of his family, ordered the beef tenderloin. I was disappointed and very surprised when I was told that although my meal came with a salad, I could not substitute a soup. I find that most higher end restaurants will accommodate this request, however I did accept the charge for a cup of chili and found it to be spicy, yet excellent in quality and taste.
After quite some time of waiting, our meal was finally brought out to us. The steaks were all cooked to the request of the individual. Four of us did have to wait, as the kitchen staff failed to properly dress the baked potatoes as requested, however their error was promptly taken care of.
The steaks were a small piece of heaven. WOW! I was blown away in the flavor, texture and quality of my sirloin and that of my husband’s beef tenderloin. My pre-conceived ideas as to quality, taste and price were totally blow out the door. I believe we paid $15.99 or there about for my husband’s beef tenderloin, baked potato and salad and it by far exceeded the Filet Migeons that we usually get at Malone’s, Chop House, or Logan’s in Lexington and for far less cost! My husband thoroughly enjoyed his salad and loved his meal.
At the end, we all ordered dessert and found that to be equally as good. I personally ordered the brownie and it was beyond a doubt the biggest cut of brownie I have ever received at a restaurant. It was at least ¼ to 1/3 of a normal brownie pan! Being nine months pregnant, I still had no problem putting it all down, but I did leave totally stuffed and happy.
The only “complaints” that I had, if you even want to call it that, was the time waiting on dinner to arrive, the inability to substitute a soup in place of a salad, and our waitress’s lack of experience.
In totally for a party seven after being served dessert, it was a two hour meal. Our waitress, although super nice and polite, was obviously green at waitressing it is showed. Even with this in mind, it would not hinder my decision to patronize the establishment again, nor my recommendation of same.
Currently we have reservations for January 2, 2010, and I only hope the baby decides to come before or after that date, as I sure am looking forward to going back! I would highly recommend Eddie Montgomery’s Steakhouse and would I will go so far as to say that it is a rival to, and perhaps better than, any fine steakhouse in Lexington, Kentucky. It is a drive to Harrodsburg for many, but not only is it a fine experience, it is fine dining at its best on a tight budget!
A++