“Restaurant closed” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dessert, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Easy to find on the internet as you can Google "Eddie Montgomery's Steakhouse." This is a new place that has been in the works for awhile and finally has just opened. It is located on US127 Bypass South (go about 4 miles) on the right. The place is awesome and looks like a large ski lodge.
Danville, KY
“Restaurant closed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

It's is with the utmost regret to announce the closing of Eddie Montgomery Steakhouse on Sunday, May 5, 2013. I'm sincerely sorry to all our employees. You all have supported EMS through this long difficult battle and even though it seems we've lost, we must look for our blessings. I'm grateful for all the hard work you've done and will cherish all the memories made. I pray that everyone finds a new path and your journey is successful. I thank you all for your dedication and apologize for the lack of notice and ask for your understanding, as this was not within my control.Tracy NunanCo-owner

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Cincinnati, Ohio
“Must have been a bad night.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Went in a little on the late side, about 830pm. Place was nearly empty except for one table who had just sat down and a few patrons scattered at the bar. One waitress took our drink orders. About 10 minutes later we finally got drinks from the manager and he said he was trying to find a waitress to take orders. When French onion soup hit the table it was stone cold. Not warm, not room temp but cold. It was much better (not sure if I got a re heat or a whole new bowl) but it was really good on second time around. The sirloin ordered medium came out blue. This was also sent back and came out as a charcoal brick. I took two bites and was done, about 2 oz of a 12 oz steak. I asked to speak to the manager but after another 15 minute wait she dropped the bills without a word. I paid what was owed and two from our party attempted to use the bathroom before we left. By this time it was 1015 and they found the bathroom doors to be locked. Could not find ANYONE to open the doors.

We ate at EM's twice last year on a three day trip and it was wonderful. I don't understand the change in just one year. Maybe just a bad night.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Somerset, Kentucky, United States
“Really Nice Atmoshpere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Go late, after the rush and enjoy some good live music. They have really good food. Try the filet or the sirloin with the Jim Beam bourbon glaze and a side of mushrooms. I always look for a server that will bring my food out in order instead of all at once or backwards. Our service was really great but not on fire. We waited to be greeted for a bit and refills took a little time. The band was from Sadieville, KY and they were great. Its not too far from Somerset and is a great place to visit on a Friday or Saturday night.
Love the log cabin environment.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Lexington, Kentucky
“Lot's of Fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Eddie Montgomery's reminded me of some of the places in Nashville. Live bands on a real stage, nice dance floor and decent food. We went on a Friday night and loved it. Helpful Hint they take reservations.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
West Chester, Ohio, United States
“Raw Chicken, Poor Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Went to Eddie Montgomery's Steakhouse on Easter after church for lunch. Not busy at all which should have been a red flag.

Service was slow. Took forever to get our appetizers, salad and finally rolls.

Four members of our party ordered Chicken Cordon Bluegrass. Looked good. First bit was good. On my second bite I got a piece of gristle. When I looked at it, it was raw, bloody veined chicken. The waitress finally showed up and when i showed her the various chunks of raw chicken she left. She finally came back and told me that the entree was chicken and ham and that I mistook the ham for what I thought was chicken. NOT!!

The manger finally came over. Three of the meals contained raw chicken. At this point I lost my appetite.

I was totally disappointed in this meal. The manager stated this was a complicated dish to prepare and the chef was checking the oven. My niece cooks this at home and we never had raw chicken. If you can't cook it do not put it on the menu.

I won't be going there for dinner anytime soon!!

• Visited March 2013