My sister and I visited our aunt in Harlan recently. We stayed at the Comfort Inn (formerly the Holiday Inn Express).
Room: Completely renovated. Tastefully decorated, clean. Great little refrigerator with separate freezer (mini-sized--wish I could have taken it with me!). The bathroom was also brand new, clean and nicely decorated. Our room was 230 (on the end facing the Catholic Church). It was quiet and not far from the elevator--in fact, none of the rooms are that far from the elevator).
Hotel in general: The lobby is small and functional, with free chocolate chip & oatmeal raisin cookies across from the elevator. The breakfast buffet is very good--decent variety, well prepared and clean. Lots of nice little café tables and a large flat-screen TV to keep you informed. Nice heated pool, but no exercise room.
Environs: Not much going on in Harlan these days. Like many coal-mining towns, it is past its prime. Lots of retirees and not many food choices. What they do have is found on the main road through town. Did you know there are elk in the mountains? Would love to see some!
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Harlan Hotel Harlan
- Holiday Inn Express Harlan Hotel
- Holiday Inn Harlan
- Harlan Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the Comfort Inn, Harlan our priority is to meet your every need and expectation! This newly renovated hotel offers spacious rooms with king or two full beds and suites that will make you feel a touch of home. We start the morning with the Free hot breakfast from 6:30am to 9:30am. Free high speed wireless internet access in all guests rooms and lobby. The Comfort Inn, Harlan is a pet friendly hotel. We understand pets become a part of the family and need to travel with their family too. However, we do ask that you sign a pet contract at check-in. Located in downtown Harlan, the Comfort Inn is convenient to the Harlan Appalachian Regional Hospital and many other business locations. The hotel is nestled in the valley of Kentucky’s Pine Mountains and beautiful year round. We are just a 45 minute drive from Middlesboro Kentucky. The Comfort Inn Harlan is a completely renovated facility with a huge luxurious indoor pool, and deluxe spa room accommodations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Choice Hotels, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, Hotels.com, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your Comfort Inn Harlan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.