“Nice Renovations at Comfort Inn” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn Harlan

You added Comfort Inn Harlan to your Saves list
Comfort Inn Harlan
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2608 South Highway 421, Harlan, KY 40831 (Formerly Holiday Inn Express )   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Harlan
Scarbro, West Virginia
“Nice Renovations at Comfort Inn”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

My sister and I visited our aunt in Harlan recently. We stayed at the Comfort Inn (formerly the Holiday Inn Express).

Room: Completely renovated. Tastefully decorated, clean. Great little refrigerator with separate freezer (mini-sized--wish I could have taken it with me!). The bathroom was also brand new, clean and nicely decorated. Our room was 230 (on the end facing the Catholic Church). It was quiet and not far from the elevator--in fact, none of the rooms are that far from the elevator).

Hotel in general: The lobby is small and functional, with free chocolate chip & oatmeal raisin cookies across from the elevator. The breakfast buffet is very good--decent variety, well prepared and clean. Lots of nice little café tables and a large flat-screen TV to keep you informed. Nice heated pool, but no exercise room.

Environs: Not much going on in Harlan these days. Like many coal-mining towns, it is past its prime. Lots of retirees and not many food choices. What they do have is found on the main road through town. Did you know there are elk in the mountains? Would love to see some!

Room Tip: Not much traffic in front of the hotel, so rooms in front are probably fairly quiet. Our room on the...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
RDOSWIP, Regional Director of Sales at Comfort Inn Harlan, responded to this review, January 26, 2014
Thank you so much for your recent reveiw. Our staff and management appreciate all the nice things that you said about the Comfort Inn in Harlan. We hope if your travels find you in Harlan again that you will once again choose to stay with us. Best Regards, Cindy Addison, Regional Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

Me n my boyfriend was just there on Saturday... The rooms were very clean n nice also the beds were very comfortable along with pillows were amazing. We were really glad we got to sleep good :) but we were hoping for a hot tub in the indoor pool room but we swim in the pool, it was very cold in there. We had awesome free breakfast there can't complain!! We will definitely come back again for now on!! Mount aire was terrible there and their beds felt like a hospital bed, their rooms were nasty looks like it's not a nice place there that I will not go back there again!!

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
RDOSWIP, Regional Director of Sales at Comfort Inn Harlan, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Thank you so much for review of the Comfort Inn Harlan. We appreciate your positive comments about our property. Great to hear that on your next visit you will select our property again. Best Regards, Cindy Addison, Regional Director of Sales
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Went to Harlan recently for a High School football reunion and stayed at the Comfort Inn. Was I ever pleasantly surprised. As run down as everything has become in Harlan County this motel was clean, very well kepted up, quiet, good parking, great location, and had a very friendly staff. Also the breakfast was excellent, and the breakfast area had plenty of tables. I had heard that Mount Aire Motel was pretty bad so I am really glad I picked the Comfort Inn.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
RDOSWIP, Regional Director of Sales at Comfort Inn Harlan, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Thank you so much for your review of our Comfort Inn Harlan, KY. The Staff and property are great. We are very proud of the Staff and Management at the hotel. We too are glad you chose to stay with us and hope on your next visit to the Harlan area you will once again stay with us. Until then, Safe travels........Cindy Addison, Regional Director of Sales
Leesville, Louisiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

When we arrived the staff was outside smoking and we had to let them know we were there to check In. Later we tried to call the office several times and there was no answer. The next morning WE had to go outside and find the staff who was smoking to tell them we were ready to check out.
The POOL was too cold to swim.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
RDOSWIP, Regional Director of Sales at Comfort Inn Harlan, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. We apologize in reference to your comments about our staff. We use our TripAdvisor reviews as a training tool and I can assure you that this review will be discussed with our staff. This is not our standards and we appreciate you for letting us know. We do hope on your next visit to Harlan that you will give us another try. Safe Travels and Best Regards, Cindy Addison, Regional Director of Sales
COLUMBUS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

My hometown club, Rosenwald Harlanites, Inc., has been meeting in Harlan every other year since the late 1980's. We have blocked rooms at the current Comfort Inn ever since it opened as a Best Western in 1993. This year's experience was the very best ever. The remodelling, the new elevator, and the new management style were awesome!! As a result, coming home was extra special. We are all looking forward to our next visit.

Room Tip: Rooms at the ends of the hallways are quieter.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
RDOSWIP, Regional Director of Sales at Comfort Inn Harlan, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words and your recent reveiw of the Comfort Inn in Harlan. The Staff and management have been looking forward to your group's arrival. I am so glad to hear that you all had such a great time. We look forward to your next gathering in Harlan. Best Regards, Cindy Addison
Elkhart, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We had several family members come to Harlan for a reunion and booked 3 rooms at the Comfort Inn. I arrived early with my granddaughters and, although our room wasn't ready, the staff let my granddaughters swim until things were ready.

The breakfast was delicious (much better than you might expect for a free breakfast at a hotel) and the staff was MORE than accommodating,

I would stay here again in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: on the 1st floor there is a room with a hot tub --- it looked great!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent review of the Comfort Inn in Harlan, KY. We first want to say Thank you for selecting our hotel for your family members. Second, we are so happy that you all had a great time during your stay. The Staff and Management pride themselves on taking care of our guests. We hope on your next trip to Harlan, you will once again stay with us. Best Regards and Safe Travels, Cindy~
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

This was my families first stay here. It used to be a different hotel. All my in-laws live in Gordon Ky which is about a 40min drive from Comfort Inn. We wanted to have some privacy so we decided to stay at a hotel. We really enjoyed the new place!! There was a little confusion with my reservation at first but they fixed it immediately! The hotel was very busy..we were there on the 4th of July. But my check in was very quick. Wanda was excellent to us from the time I made my reservation from the time we checked in. Rooms were very clean and comfortable!! Lots of room in the bathroom..we had a dbl room. Breakfast was really good. I wish they had kept going an hr later. Other then that food was delicious!! They ran out of things pretty quick..biscuits, eggs, sausage but there was more within minutes. Like I said it was a very busy time so that may not typically happen often. If so you didn't wait long to get new. I had asked for a late check out..Brittany at the front desk took care of us with no problem!! I adored Brittany she gave me a lot of information regarding my choice privileges that I wasn't aware of..it had been awhile when I stayed at a choice hotel so she made sure I was up to date..& gave me my points without me asking. She's really great and good at her at job!! Pool was nice and clean as well as the area. I can honestly say I have no complaints..we come to visit my family ALOT and that will def be my home away from home for sure!! Pets are welcome too!! :)

• Stayed July 2013
Thanks you so much for your recent review of the Comfort Inn Harlan, KY. We are so pleased that you and your family enjoyed your time with us. Your comments on our staff members are appreciated. We do have great people working for us. On your next visit to Harlan, we hope to see you. Best Regards and Safe Travels, Cindy Addison

Been to Comfort Inn Harlan? Share your experiences!